Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wrexham spending again !
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 168 Guests

Wrexham spending again !

This thread currently has 9,693 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
March 23, 2023, 11:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,614
Gold Stars: 538
Yeah, I've noticed that to be honest.  I previously put it down to the 'new' fans, often from Wisconsin or somewhere with no real link to Wrexham other than they own Van Wilder on VHS.  But the smugness seems to have spread to a lot more.

I can't lie, the whole media love-in annoys me (probably more than it should do).  Same with how it is/was with Salford.  Football needs cartoon villains I guess.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 86
Les Brechin
March 23, 2023, 11:49am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,710
Gold Stars: 174
One of Notts County or Wrexham could well become (well I would think so) the first team to get over 100 points in a season and NOT get promoted!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 86
Maringer
March 23, 2023, 11:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,509
Gold Stars: 185
The BBC report mentions that Foster announced his retirement from playing in September 2022. Perhaps he's really let himself go to seed over the past 6 months and now has the build of Neville Southall? Actually, Southall would probably still be a really good keeper, even now!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 86
ska face
March 23, 2023, 12:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Seen a few of their fans mention it’s a great signing because he’s got a million YouTube subscribers or something.

Think I’d jack the whole lot in and take up gardening/solvent abuse if I ever started worrying about that when we signed a player.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 86
mariner91
March 23, 2023, 12:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,651
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from ska face
Seen a few of their fans mention it’s a great signing because he’s got a million YouTube subscribers or something.

Think I’d jack the whole lot in and take up gardening/solvent abuse if I ever started worrying about that when we signed a player.

Nowt wrong with gardening.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 86
TownSNAFU5
March 23, 2023, 12:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,882
Gold Stars: 42
I would prefer Wrexham to go up for a number of reasons:  class    fans; owners very supportive and complimentary of Town, the cup run and fans;  and they have served their penance in NL.  Is it 18 seasons?.  For added reasons, they got 98 points and still did no go up.

York City are taking over 1,000 fans to Wrexham this weekend.  Hollywood have gone out of their way (twice) to praise York City and the large number of fans travelling.  

I have nothing against Notts County bar the terrible selfish decision to severely limit Town tickets for the playoffs.  My how that backfired!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 86
MarinerMal
March 23, 2023, 12:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +782
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Epworth Mariner
Mullin gets a bad knee and they go and sign Billy Waters from Barrow…..

It’s like a football manager game…..

What is your issue with this?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 86
DB
March 23, 2023, 12:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,002
Gold Stars: 386
The only issue I have is what happens when the bubble bursts, as it surely will probably later rather than sooner. It will be the case that money from Netflix will dry up when the adverting revenue goes because the viewing figures drop , then will the Yanks want to keep funding their hobby?

It's not a matter of envy or jealousy but having seen other clubs virtually go to the wall, not pay debts to small businesses that supplied them and then being bought out of bankruptcy for coppers. It is the small people and hardcore fans who will suffer.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 86
Youngy
March 23, 2023, 1:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,662
Gold Stars: 9
As mentioned above, I have a lot of time for Wrexham supporters. When we played them in the  Trophy final, our hotel was full of them and they were great fun. Proper supporters who like us, have suffered massively over the years.

What I can't stand is the 'underdog' narrative since Hollywood took over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 86
OddShapedBalls
March 23, 2023, 1:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,191
Gold Stars: 39
It's just a double-or-bust situation isn't it?  You can't commit all those dollars to 2 promotion campaigns and risk dropping into the playoff lottery again and face a third year of it .   In their situation I'd throw the kitchen sink at finishing top, promotion is required I imagine at this stage or the wheels come off in terms of a 3rd/4th disney series and the ongoing story.  They obviously studied the bottle job of last year and have learned from it (although not learned enough to get rid of shoutyman in the dugout).

I hope they get promoted, gives us 2 games next season where we are guaranteed worldwide media exposure without having to reach round 6 of the cup.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wrexham spending again !

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.