Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wrexham spending again !
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 124 Guests

Wrexham spending again !

This thread currently has 9,705 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
It Bites
March 23, 2023, 5:04pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,223
Gold Stars: 265
We'd all have mullin in a heartbeat. Good luck to Wrexham I say
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 86
lukeo
March 23, 2023, 5:20pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,378
Gold Stars: 148
Quoted from Youngy
As mentioned above, I have a lot of time for Wrexham supporters. When we played them in the  Trophy final, our hotel was full of them and they were great fun. Proper supporters who like us, have suffered massively over the years.

What I can't stand is the 'underdog' narrative since Hollywood took over.

100% agree.
In truth I never knew much about the owners until they became involved in Wrexham (I live a sheltered life!) But from what I've seen so far in the documentary they seem like decent blokes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 86
scrumble
March 23, 2023, 5:47pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +983
Gold Stars: 10
I don't know if I'm missing something obvious, but how have they signed Billy Waters outside of the transfer window?

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 86
Northbank Mariner
March 23, 2023, 6:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,493
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from scrumble
I don't know if I'm missing something obvious, but how have they signed Billy Waters outside of the transfer window?

National league don't have a window, think up until 31st March its a free for all, please somebody correct of my facts wrong .mm
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 86
Rodley Mariner
March 23, 2023, 6:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Worth bearing in mind that Notts County are hardly operating on a shoestring despite their fans bleating on Twitter. Wrexham are generating loads of additional interest and income and the owners are investing money into infrastructure and the ground. Not sure what there is to begrudge really other than the media going overboard and that's not really their fault.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 86
Spurn boy
March 23, 2023, 6:15pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,240
Gold Stars: 29
After many years in the wilderness we have become a football club that has has attracted media attention through our cup run and also through our new owners, ok so the American duo that have taken on the task of restoring Wrexham to the position they were many years ago does rub people up the wrong way but as long as it doesn’t affect GTFC what’s the problem?

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 86
ginnywings
March 23, 2023, 7:42pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Can't see the problem myself. They are just the latest in a long line of clubs who have tried to buy their way to the top.

They are no different to Bournemouth, who were bankrolled by a Russian billionaire up to the Prem and recently bought out by an American consortium who have a Hollywood A-lister among them.

Then there is Brentford, who did it a bit differently, and of course Brighton, who again were given massive amounts of cash by Tony Bloom, who made his fortune betting on sports events.

There is more and more Qatari and Saudi money coming into the game, so a light hearted Hollywood actor and his mate are down the list of owners to dislike in my book.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 86
HerveJosse
March 23, 2023, 8:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Some perspective please Billy Waters is no Mullen. I goal in 5 career record and currently out the side at Barrow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 86
golfer
March 23, 2023, 8:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,445
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from diehardmariner
In a rare defence of Mullin, a lot of people from Liverpool don't class themselves as English.  Partly stemming back to previous Government treatments of them over various issues including Hillsborough and striking Dockers.  

They're incredibly disassociated with England as as whole, with real resentment towards the Government and the South-East bias. To be honest I can't blame them either.

Also they don't speak English.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 86
Mappers
March 23, 2023, 8:56pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,341
Gold Stars: 119
Whats the aim for Wrexham with the Yanks at the wheel ?

To go right through to the Prem ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wrexham spending again !

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.