Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wrexham spending again !
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 146 Guests

Wrexham spending again !

This thread currently has 9,697 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Gaffer58
March 23, 2023, 1:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
With Mullens out they won’t be getting many more penalties this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 86
OddShapedBalls
March 23, 2023, 2:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,191
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Gaffer58
With Mullens out they won’t be getting many more penalties this season.

Tom Daly is free.......

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 86
HertsGTFC
March 23, 2023, 2:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Maringer
The BBC report mentions that Foster announced his retirement from playing in September 2022. Perhaps he's really let himself go to seed over the past 6 months and now has the build of Neville Southall? Actually, Southall would probably still be a really good keeper, even now!

I listened to an interview with him recently and he talked about what he's been doing, by the sounds of it he's fitter now than when he was playing.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 86
golfer
March 23, 2023, 2:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,441
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from mimma
If I won £100 million on the lottery and gave a large wad to GTFC, the boot would be on the other foot. Would you complain when started to slash the cash? No, so good luck to them and maybe our time will come someday.

If I put a large wad into the club I would want to build a new ground opposite my factory, or just down the road from where i live,+ get on the council where I could make things happen, but I would make sure I didn't associate with dodgy characters. I also wouldn't want to be a twatt
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 86
jamesgtfc
March 23, 2023, 3:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,966
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from golfer

If I put a large wad into the club I would want to build a new ground opposite my factory, or just down the road from where i live,+ get on the council where I could make things happen, but I would make sure I didn't associate with dodgy characters. I also wouldn't want to be a twatt

Would you buy a pool table and invite Liam round to film an interview?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 86
HertsGTFC
March 23, 2023, 3:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
So in reality with Wrexham I think their support is excellent and deserve some success especially with their response to supporting Town fans in getting to the POF, class that.

The owners appear good people and were very complimentary of Town especially after we beat Southampton. I actually think whet they're doing in term of "the project" (hate that term) feels like it's to the benefit of the club and community.

The things that get me is the narrative that their media and the general media have about them being plucky underdogs, this is bollox as in reality they've thrown money at it. Also the individuals get up my nose, well two in particular "put them to the sword" Parkinson the manager who is a throw back in footballing terms and this cheat .....

https://twitter.com/jordanwebber96/status/1638585141311283202?s=21&t=2lXAjF9_vGhdiDM3GDjgDg

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 86
diehardmariner
March 23, 2023, 3:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
In a rare defence of Mullin, a lot of people from Liverpool don't class themselves as English.  Partly stemming back to previous Government treatments of them over various issues including Hillsborough and striking Dockers.  

They're incredibly disassociated with England as as whole, with real resentment towards the Government and the South-East bias. To be honest I can't blame them either.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 86
fishcake63
March 23, 2023, 4:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Mullin whether he english welsh scottish irish spanish is a classless cheat got no time at all for him , 80% of his pens are through cheating , the lad at notts now he's a player , boils my pi--mullin sorry rant over
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 86
barralad
March 23, 2023, 4:11pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Forty years ago we were going toe to toe with Wrexham in what is now the Championship. They reached a European Cup quarter-final and later as a lower league club beat Arsenal in the F.A. Cup. There will be Wrexham fans whose experience broadly matches that of any Town fan over 50. Their decline was very near terminal -only averted when fans put their hands in their pockets on a deadline day to raise the necessary funds to keep the club going. They have been in non-league for twice the time we have. If I was one of the aforementioned fans I'd be absolutely loving what is going on now. Yes their success will have attracted hangers on but it will also have fired up new generations of Wrexham folk who will be the life blood of the club when my generation are long gone. GTFC have attracted positive feedback from this years Cup run. This has beneficially affected our area because the club are intrinsically linked with the area. The American involvement in Wrexham has been massively beneficial to the town and area-an area that has been on a downward spiral for the last few decades. If the "reign" of Messrs Stockwood and Pettit (even without the seemingly endless flow of money) gets anywhere near that effect across the board then I'll be utterly delighted.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 86
TownSNAFU5
March 23, 2023, 4:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,882
Gold Stars: 42
Just because any player frequently dives for penalties, does not mean that all the refs have to award the pens!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wrexham spending again !

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.