Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum rearranged.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 115 Guests

Fans Forum rearranged.

This thread currently has 12,290 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
KingsleysHair
January 21, 2023, 9:58pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +249
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from MuddyWaters

There was a question from Matt Dean that made me wonder if something was afoot.

What was asked? I’ve not heard Matt’s interview? Cheers!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 149
jamesgtfc
January 21, 2023, 10:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,040
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from arryarryarry

I haven't listened to his interview but if he said the pitch is 100 years old is a bit of a daft comment and probably an excuse for the recent state of the pitch.

The ground is obviously a hundred years old but the grass has been changed. The groundsman had won at least one award for the state of the pitch not that many seasons ago, also I am sure the top surface was removed and reseeded because the club kept putting out videos of tractors stripping it off.

For me the pitch has got worse since the drainage was put in as well as sprinklers.

A bit of grass and a couple of inches of soil doesn't equal a new pitch. Below that is 140 year old clay and it's well documented that the pitch ideally needs an absolute fortune spending on it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 149
MuddyWaters
January 21, 2023, 10:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,282
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from KingsleysHair

What was asked? I’ve not heard Matt’s interview? Cheers!

Something along the lines of ‘Is there anything else going on behind the scenes at present?”

Given what you’ve said and another private message I’ve received today, it would certainly not surprise me if you were right.
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 149
Hagrid
January 21, 2023, 10:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Ive sent 4 emails to the commercial manager regarding hospitality for an upcoming game. Heard nothing.

I chased the club due to being locked out my ticket account. Heard nothing.

Used to have correspondence with Sam who was excellent and always sorted me out quickly and without a fuss
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 149
HerveJosse
January 21, 2023, 10:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from jamesgtfc

A bit of grass and a couple of inches of soil doesn't equal a new pitch. Below that is 140 year old clay and it's well documented that the pitch ideally needs an absolute fortune spending on it.

Some nonesense being talked about the pitch .The clay below the surface is 33000 years old when the last ice age deposited it not 100/140 . It hasn’t suddenly made the pitch worse in the last decade.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 149
MuddyWaters
January 21, 2023, 10:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,282
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Hagrid
Ive sent 4 emails to the commercial manager regarding hospitality for an upcoming game. Heard nothing.

I chased the club due to being locked out my ticket account. Heard nothing.

Used to have correspondence with Sam who was excellent and always sorted me out quickly and without a fuss

Something very similar happened to me with tickets a week or so back. Any time I contacted Sam, he responded within the working day, often within minutes.

Private Message
Reply: 65 - 149
Norseman
January 21, 2023, 11:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from ginnywings
It's amazing to me how much criticism the new owners get because "they don't do things the way they've always been done and with the same people".

Sometimes wonder how they both got to be multi millionaires.

Are they multi millionaires ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 149
Maringer
January 22, 2023, 12:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,666
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Norseman

Are they multi millionaires ?

Given that they've paid out multiple millions to buy and then invest in the club, you'd imagine so.

Might have a really, really good credit card deal, I suppose, but that seems to be the less likely option.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 149
pen penfras
January 22, 2023, 8:28am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -133
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from ginnywings

And I would counter that by saying despite your assertion the fishy is a place for debate and differences of opinion, there is this phrase "being shot down" that creeps into the narrative.

It usually comes from those with a minority view when their opinions are challenged by the majority.

It's either a place for all opinions or it isn't. To claim some posters are "shot down" doesn't jibe with that. If you don't want your views challenged, don't make them.

I also find it odd that people seem to want to know about all aspects of the club, from the accounts to the commercial department. We only ever used to bother about the team and the footy on the pitch.

Not sure that's true, and if the football wasn't urine poor then I suspect the other issues wouldn't be so scrutinised.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 149
aldi_01
January 22, 2023, 8:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Once football fans get in to the habit of moaning, they generally moan about everything.

GTFC seem to have w larger collection, for the size of the club of giant man babies who spit their dummies out much quicker and for weird stuff. It may not be true but it feels that way…I don’t know many clubs who’d have a course group of idiots that want a manager sacked mid playoff campaign for instance…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 149
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum rearranged.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.