Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum rearranged.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 130 Guests

Fans Forum rearranged.

This thread currently has 12,283 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
January 19, 2023, 1:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,989
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from Mikey_345
I might be missing something... but are there a lot of 'tough' questions that they would need to 'duck'. They seem to be doing alright to me...

This. Some sound a bit like nutty conspiracy theorists.
What are these ‘difficult’ questions? Can anyone share a few? Do the owners strike folk as shady, evasive types, or open, reflective articulate people?
Jeez. Go if you want. Email a question if you want. Get a grip. Are there supposed to be bodies buried and a murky cover-up? What about precisely because I’m frigged if I know what some people are so vexed about, other than some disappointing recent results.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 149
Mikey_345
January 19, 2023, 1:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,548
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from chaos33

What are these ‘difficult’ questions? Can anyone share a few? Do the owners strike folk as shady, evasive types, or open, reflective articulate people?
Jeez. Go if you want. Email a question if you want. Get a grip. Are there supposed to be bodies buried and a murky cover-up? What about precisely because I’m frigged if I know what some people are so vexed about, other than some disappointing recent results.

The lengths some owners will go to, to avoid answering questions about flasks is crazy…

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 149
Croxton
January 19, 2023, 2:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Chrisblor
Clubs host fans forums because they're mandated by the EFL to meet with fans twice a season:

"Clubs are required to meet with a representative group of supporters at least twice a season to discuss significant issues relating to the club. "

Thanks for that. Even more like a parents evening then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 149
Chrisblor
January 19, 2023, 2:51pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,952
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from chaos33

I think the current owners are far more transparent and open to criticism compared to their predecessor, however it's just best practice to ensure any debate like this is moderated by an independent party. There are *some* fans who have a (misconstrued or not) axe to grind with Stockwood and Pettit, and allowing the submitted questions from those who can't attend in-person to be managed and put to the club by a third party means they're clear of any suggestion they might be avoiding scrutiny on certain issues. I really don't know why they've just not tried to find an alternative date where Radio Humberside and Matt Dean can attend to host the thing.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 149
chaos33
January 19, 2023, 3:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,989
Gold Stars: 361
But I can’t think that S&P have anything to be fearful about and I’d be pleased to hear what these ‘axes to grind’ actually are.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 149
LH
January 19, 2023, 3:06pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,584
Gold Stars: 175
Could the Trust reps on the board not act as a third party in the sense that they have a foot in both camps?
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 149
jamesgtfc
January 19, 2023, 11:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,040
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from chaos33

Depending how the next 12 days of the transfer window pans out and our form before the fans forum, questions about that would probably get asked.

I think there are some difficult questions that could be asked about the commercial side of the club, some of the stories I've been told in that regard is pretty concerning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 149
monkeyboy
January 20, 2023, 6:37am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
I have no questions for them.
However i still have one for our former chairman. what are you doing with the money you conned out of the trust?

answers on a postcard no doubt
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 149
aldi_01
January 20, 2023, 6:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Depending how the next 12 days of the transfer window pans out and our form before the fans forum, questions about that would probably get asked.

I think there are some difficult questions that could be asked about the commercial side of the club, some of the stories I've been told in that regard is pretty concerning.

Perhaps they will but fans, on the whole are a little more undertaking of the difficulties sometimes in bringing players in. At our level you’d imagine the cost of living and so forth is coming in to play when players are making decisions, so that will impact moves etc.

It’s all well and good a few man babies jumping up and down demanding players etc but we’ve been told, pretty clearly really, that the reputation of the club still needs some work because of what’s gone on before and just signing players isn’t always a solution…

I’m sure some boring girl private will moan about not receiving a reply to an email though, or want to know what food outlets will be at a stadium that’s not even designed yet, let alone built, perhaps someone will female dog and moan about advertising boards and then compare us to Clee Town🙄

In truth, even if Stockwood and Petit turned up dressed as Mr Tumble and sang nursery rhymes, it still wouldn’t be as bad as that fateful fans forum…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 149
denni266
January 20, 2023, 7:04am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +695
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Pal, it was a p!ss take and you've taken it personally.

It was said by one of the board at a fans forum during the reign of the 3rd Reich.

Oh ffs   yes  that one went strait over my head lol. thanks for pointing it out to me .  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 149
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum rearranged.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.