Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum rearranged.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 132 Guests

Fans Forum rearranged.

This thread currently has 12,275 views. Print
15 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Chrisblor
January 22, 2023, 3:59pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,951
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from pen penfras

That's not the point though. If you recommend somebody for a senior role and they turn out to be garbage, then it doesn't reflect well on your judgement of ability. Especially for somebody in an executive position

The sad vendetta against Debbie Cook continues. Funny how you lot weren't calling for your mate Fenty's head when he employed a bunch of inept clowns for the best part of twenty years (my favourite was the one who set up loads of sockpuppet twitter accounts pretending to be 'students' to anonymously criticise the new owners and defend Fenty). If a flawless recruitment record is the standard we judge senior Grimsby Town employees by then we best get Hurst sacked asap since the club's employed plenty of garbage in the past based entirely on his judgement 🤪🙃🫠.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 149
HertsGTFC
January 22, 2023, 4:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,988
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Chrisblor

lol ffs have you never worked somewhere where you've thought "how on earth did this clown get employed here?" - it happens nearly everywhere, yet in most places they end up sticking around performing badly instead of being ruthlessly let go after a few months like the club have done here

I’m not sure that’s right, these days organisations tend to deal with poor performance whether it’s related to attitude, behaviours or competency. There’s nothing ruthless about exiting an under performer.

In terms of recruitment I’ve recruited 100’s of people in my career and a fair few have been absolute donkeys regardless of coming through the process well.

I’ve never recruited any friends but I have recruited people I’ve worked with in the past who are hard workers and align in terms of values, mostly it’s worked but there are a couple of times when it’s ended badly.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 149
LH
January 22, 2023, 4:13pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,582
Gold Stars: 175
She was maybe still in a probation period too so possible to bin off easily due to that.
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 149
ska face
January 22, 2023, 4:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,766
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from arryarryarry

Doh................yes I have worked in a situation where as a manager I was part of an interview panel that believed the bullshit from an interviewee who turned out to be crap but that is completely different to a senior member of the operations bringing in a mate probably without any interview process, and if you don't understand that then you clearly have never been in the position of employing anybody.

So YOU made a mistake but for some reason it’s worse when someone else does the exact same thing? Bizarre reasoning.
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 149
crusty ole pie
January 22, 2023, 4:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,383
Gold Stars: 66
There is a statement in recruitment that everyone gets promoted to a level of incompetence and unfortunately until you get there you don’t know your level. Some managers survive by bullyin* tactics  and blaming others some hold their hands up and say hey this is not for me and move back to a level that they loved but you can’t blame anyone for trying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 149
arryarryarry
January 22, 2023, 5:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from ska face

So YOU made a mistake but for some reason it’s worse when someone else does the exact same thing? Bizarre reasoning.

Oh for felicitations sake, just how flipping dumb are you? hiring someone you don't know is always a risk which is completely different to bringing a mate into a senior position and probably well paid one at that.
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 149
ska face
January 22, 2023, 6:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,766
Gold Stars: 851
You need to calm down a bit, I wouldn’t be calling other people dumb if I’d just admitted to giving someone a job they couldn’t do 🙃

You seem to be insinuating her appointment was some shady back-office stitch up by Cook rather than a formal recruitment process advertised on the website and all the social media channels?
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 149
HertsGTFC
January 22, 2023, 6:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face
You need to calm down a bit, I wouldn’t be calling other people dumb if I’d just admitted to giving someone a job they couldn’t do 🙃

You seem to be insinuating her appointment was some shady back-office stitch up by Cook rather than a formal recruitment process advertised on the website and all the social media channels?

Everything I’ve seen of Jason Stockwood I’d be amazed if some form of recruitment process wasn’t applied.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 149
jamesgtfc
January 22, 2023, 6:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,040
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Everything I’ve seen of Jason Stockwood I’d be amazed if some form of recruitment process wasn’t applied.

Cook was headhunted, it wasn't an advertised position. You still would assume some form of process went in to headhunting her but it wasn't a position we were openly accepting applications for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 149
HertsGTFC
January 22, 2023, 6:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Cook was headhunted, it wasn't an advertised position. You still would assume some form of process went in to headhunting her but it wasn't a position we were openly accepting applications for.

When you’re headhunted you still generally have to have an interview or 2 maybe 3 or more.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 149
15 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum rearranged.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.