8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
July 4, 2022, 10:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
So the club have confirmed it is basically the I follow product but under a different name, same production same tech different name.
That would then mean, I assume its the same quality, same issues and would still be the same original rules of regular schedule game times can't be streamed in the UK.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 77
arryarryarry
July 4, 2022, 11:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from moosey_club
So the club have confirmed it is basically the I follow product but under a different name, same production same tech different name.
That would then mean, I assume its the same quality, same issues and would still be the same original rules of regular schedule game times can't be streamed in the UK.

Someone I know films EFL matches. As I mentioned previously most if not all EFL/Sky/ITV (previously Quest) camera operatives are self employed and have been doing this sort of filming for years. They send a live feed direct from the gantry to a central studio that takes feeds from all EFL matches. The matches have a commentary added there as well as Sky taking the live feed so they can show goals as they happen. The matches are then edited for highlights to be shown on the Saturday evening which for the coming season will be on one of the ITV channels as well as giving a highlights package to each club.

Looking at the comments from the club it would seem that they will be using the same source so should be pretty robust rather than employing someone locally and having to invest in expensive equipment such as new cameras etc and its own streaming service.

I suppose the club are having to negotiate to have access to allow that live feed to be played out on their own website rather than Ifollow.

Private Message
Reply: 61 - 77
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 4, 2022, 11:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,948
Gold Stars: 180
I liked the fact (on ifollow) that they used radio hunbersides commentary and not some random person with no affiliation with the club. JT’s dulcet tones work perfectly with the footage.

Am presuming it would be just the one camera angle and they wouldn’t be having static cameras on the osmond/pontoon to feature goalmouth action

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 77
gtfc_chris
July 5, 2022, 7:44am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,511
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from DB

Being fit and able to go to BP is not a problem. When you have health problems it is, I made an effort and went to the London Stadium. During the match I felt cold on several occasions.

Asking questions about live streaming is essential to me, an email by me had previously been sent to the trust on this subject. I was able to watch Town live on Ifollow the season before last, so when somebody says 'soon' it is important to me, so I know what to look, or not to look, forward to.

Imagine the outcry if someone posted season tickets are available SOON!

I have received red cross's for my query and wondered why? I admit that I am not as eloquent as Poojah, whose posts I like, in my posts but these cowards hide behind keyboards having anonymous digs at the disabled.

Be brave enough and admit who you are.

We are all Town, aren't we

I didn't red cross but I would have done if I used the function. Even after reading this the reason would still be the same; the club first of all need to know what they are legally allowed to do. I'm sure this will likely have been sorted by now but they will be in the hands of lawyers and a system of enquiries to ensure they don't fall foul of any laws that impact the service and the finances of the Club and if that process only started after promotion (when we knew we'd need it) then it is possible we're still involved in it.

Within that may be restrictions on what/when we can stream, i.e. live on Saturday afternoon or extended highlights after the game. Hopefully not but I have zero idea. Then there is ensuring we have the equipment for it. I'd imagine we do as we've had footage from games even in non-league but they may be looking at upgrades to make the image better or sound upgrades. I'm not tech savvy but I would have thought upgrades of some sort are within the scope of possible.

I would be almost certain in the Club wanting to make sure that everything is fully in place before announcing the plan and what will be happening, how bad would it look if they announced a service that people were excited about only for it to be not possible and retraction made?

I get that you want something to look forward to, I'm very similar as I'm out the country for the first 4 months of the season so being able to watch on a streaming service would be perfect but whether they announce it today, tomorrow or a week before the season it won't change what is on offer. If it's a live stream then that will be great for so many who aren't able to get to games, if we're not allowed for whatever reason and it's highlights then as sh/t as that would be there will have to be a reason and when it's announced will have no bearing on that.

You asked for red crossers to be brave and admit, I didn't red cross but above is the reason why I would have done. Your original post came across demanding, impatient and critical of the Club at a time when they're obviously working to get something in place amongst many other things and progressing the Club so well in such a short space of time. Again, recognition of the personal impact it may have on you (and others) but I think the Club have earned a degree of patience from fans given what they've accomplished in the last 12 months.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 77
DB
July 5, 2022, 9:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.44
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from gtfc_chris

I didn't red cross but I would have done if I used the function. Even after reading this the reason would still be the same; the club first of all need to know what they are legally allowed to do. I'm sure this will likely have been sorted by now but they will be in the hands of lawyers and a system of enquiries to ensure they don't fall foul of any laws that impact the service and the finances of the Club and if that process only started after promotion (when we knew we'd need it) then it is possible we're still involved in it.

Within that may be restrictions on what/when we can stream, i.e. live on Saturday afternoon or extended highlights after the game. Hopefully not but I have zero idea. Then there is ensuring we have the equipment for it. I'd imagine we do as we've had footage from games even in non-league but they may be looking at upgrades to make the image better or sound upgrades. I'm not tech savvy but I would have thought upgrades of some sort are within the scope of possible.

I would be almost certain in the Club wanting to make sure that everything is fully in place before announcing the plan and what will be happening, how bad would it look if they announced a service that people were excited about only for it to be not possible and retraction made?

I get that you want something to look forward to, I'm very similar as I'm out the country for the first 4 months of the season so being able to watch on a streaming service would be perfect but whether they announce it today, tomorrow or a week before the season it won't change what is on offer. If it's a live stream then that will be great for so many who aren't able to get to games, if we're not allowed for whatever reason and it's highlights then as sh/t as that would be there will have to be a reason and when it's announced will have no bearing on that.

You asked for red crossers to be brave and admit, I didn't red cross but above is the reason why I would have done. Your original post came across demanding, impatient and critical of the Club at a time when they're obviously working to get something in place amongst many other things and progressing the Club so well in such a short space of time. Again, recognition of the personal impact it may have on you (and others) but I think the Club have earned a degree of patience from fans given what they've accomplished in the last 12 months.

I wasn't aware I was being critical of the club, which I constantly praise in my other posts.

BenBB on post 49 put 'Soon'. Given the number of hoax posts using 'incoming' on another thread, I merely want to know if 'soon' was also a hoax or something within a definite time scale.

I think this was a fair question to ask.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 77
gtfc_chris
July 5, 2022, 12:01pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,511
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from DB

I wasn't aware I was being critical of the club, which I constantly praise in my other posts.

BenBB on post 49 put 'Soon'. Given the number of hoax posts using 'incoming' on another thread, I merely want to know if 'soon' was also a hoax or something within a definite time scale.

I think this was a fair question to ask.

You'll have to forgive that I'm still quite new and haven't quite got posters general themes/demeanours as they go, so I don't doubt you are complimentary of the Club. That's just how it read when going through the messages, I'm sure its a lost in translation type thing with it only being written, but I picked up on your second response about people red crossing so that's what I figured I'd offer up some thoughts on as this might be a similar thought of others as to why they hit the button.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 77
The_Laughing_Mariner
July 6, 2022, 3:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
So does that mean that those smug cheaty techies that have downloaded dodgy apps on thier firestick and other devices won't be able to access the stream for free?

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 77
diehardmariner
July 6, 2022, 4:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Depends if their IPTV provider taps into the model that Town are using or not.

I've seen...err, I mean I've heard of, some providers who supplied streaming feeds from clubs that don't use iFollow but not all providers do this.  Dagenham away in the FA Cup two seasons ago was available on IPTV.

The above is for home games, for away games (as long as the home club are signed up to iFollow) those that have such kit and subscription will most likely be able to pick up the feed from which ever club.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 77
GrimPol
July 8, 2022, 9:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -785
Gold Stars: 76
ITV4 will show highlights of the EFL on Sat at 9pm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 77
GollyGTFC
July 8, 2022, 10:26am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Just browsing through the fixture list and I've counted 16 league games (10 home & 6 away) that can definitely be broadcast LIVE on our iFollow replacement in the U.K.:-

Tue 16 Aug - 19:45 - CARLISLE UNITED (HOME)
Tue 13 Sep - 19:45 - GILLINGHAM (HOME)
Sat 24 Sep - 15:00 - SWINDON TOWN (HOME)
Tue 25 Oct - 19:45 - Barrow (Away)
Sat 19 Nov - 15:00 - STEVENAGE (HOME)
Sat 03 Dec - 15:00 - AFC Wimbledon (Away)
Sat 10 Dec - 15:00 - TRANMERE ROVERS (HOME)
Sat 17 Dec - 15:00 - Mansfield Town (Away)
Mon 26 Dec - 15:00 - Harrogate Town (Away)
Thu 29 Dec - 19:45 - SALFORD CITY (HOME)
Sun 01 Jan - 15:00 - STOCKPORT COUNTY (HOME)
Tue 14 Feb - 19:45 - Gillingham (Away)
Sat 25 Mar - 15:00 - WALSALL (HOME)
Fri 07 Apr - 15:00 - HARTLEPOOL UNITED (HOME)
Mon 10 Apr - 15:00 - Doncaster Rovers (Away)
Tue 18 Apr - 19:45 - BARROW (HOME)

And there are a further 3 league matches (all home) that are vulnerable to kick-off time alterations that would allow LIVE broadcasting also. 2 local games & the final game of the season:-

Sat 12 Nov - 15:00 ? - DONCASTER ROVERS (HOME)      
Sat 15 Apr - 15:00 ? - MANSFIELD TOWN (HOME)      
Sat 06 May - 15:00 ? - AFC WIMBLEDON (HOME)     
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 69 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › iFollow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.