BenBB
June 7, 2022, 10:07pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from grimps
To be fair Ifollow was pretty decent when ever I watched it ,my only problem was it wouldn’t let me cast it to my telly

Trick was to just use a normal laptop with a HDMI/DisplayPort and plug it in the old fashioned way.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 77
MarinerDevil
June 15, 2022, 9:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,779
Gold Stars: 80
Sam Strandt has said that the club are working on an alternative.  Pricing will be consistent with iFollow.

https://twitter.com/SamStrandt/status/1537137653178634240
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 77
TonySmith
June 16, 2022, 12:46am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +968
Gold Stars: 11
I live in Atlanta, Georgia, and one thing I really missed last season was being able to watch Town games live. Radio commentaries are fine, and highlights are always enjoyable if we didn't lose, and those "Matchday Moments" packages are superb, and long may they continue, but obviously it's not the same as actually watching a game as it happens.  For people like me who live out of the country, every game, home and away, was available to watch live with an I-follow subscription. I'm really hoping I'll be able to do that again next season, and that most of the proceeds go to the club. I am sure there are quite a few of us spread around the world who would sign up at any reasonable cost.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 77
DB
June 16, 2022, 4:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.44
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from MarinerDevil
Sam Strandt has said that the club are working on an alternative.  Pricing will be consistent with iFollow.

https://twitter.com/SamStrandt/status/1537137653178634240

I'll be watching, reads as if the club are moving in a new direction for those who cannot get to matches.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 77
fiveallive
June 16, 2022, 5:11am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
I wonder if it will be in-house will have more then one camera and probably have John Moore doing the commentary, I remember in the early 2000"s getting the season reviews on VHS and he used to do the commentary back then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 77
forza ivano
June 16, 2022, 7:07am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,276
Gold Stars: 266
sorry for being thick, but what are the rules for ifollow now we are back in the FL?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 77
spikelias
June 16, 2022, 8:38am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +22
Gold Stars: 9
i believe iFollow and other streaming services will only be available for 3pm Saturday blackout matches to those who live outside of the UK. It was last available to us as an alternative to live attendance as crowds weren't allowed at games due to COVID.

It'll be interesting to see how the new service by the club will handle Away games i.e will we need 1 season pass for home and one for iFollow away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 77
geir
June 16, 2022, 8:57am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9

If there is a new service I hope we will be able to watch all of the games with some sort of season pass.

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 77
Mikey_345
June 16, 2022, 9:00am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,541
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from spikelias
i believe iFollow and other streaming services will only be available for 3pm Saturday blackout matches to those who live outside of the UK. It was last available to us as an alternative to live attendance as crowds weren't allowed at games due to COVID.

It'll be interesting to see how the new service by the club will handle Away games i.e will we need 1 season pass for home and one for iFollow away.

Unless you used a VPN to mask your location.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 77
diehardmariner
June 16, 2022, 9:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Yeah I think the club will still be bound by the same rules that iFollow are.  So if you're a non-UK resident you'll be able to watch the games via the new service, as described by Sam Strandt, or I guess you could even sign up to watch it via the opposition iFollow feed (no cash to Town that way).

If you're in the UK, you're going down VPN routes.

The blackout is getting weaker and weaker, each season we're seeing more and more flexing of the rules on it.  Give it 5 years and it won't exist at all, definitely not in a state recognisable to this one anyway.  I can understand the argument for it but football has move on a lot in 20 years.  There's a greater appetite to attend games.  Granted, once Sky Sports start showing Man Utd v Brighton at 3pm on a Saturday there will be some who are swayed more to watch that at home than attend games.  But I'm not convinced that run of the mill game will impact Saturday gates that much.  Equally so, if someone is a 6 hour drive away from Blundell Park is it fair that they can't stream the game but someone a 2 hour flight away can?  
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › iFollow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.