Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from BenBB

[tweet]1537137653178634240[/tweet]

'Soon'

How 'soon' is soon? This week, before the season starts, 1st match at Orient or Christmas. Can you be more precise?, or is this a wind up

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 77
July 4, 2022, 7:13pm
Guest User
So if we do our own streaming of matches, I'm assuming that we cannot stream Saturday afternoon matches live, but when would we be able to see the stream.  Also will we be able to watch Weekday matches live?
Reply: 51 - 77
jamesgtfc
July 4, 2022, 7:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from DB

How 'soon' is soon? This week, before the season starts, 1st match at Orient or Christmas. Can you be more precise?, or is this a wind up

Someone has asked Debbie today and she says ASAP.

[url]https://twitter.com/DebbieCGF/status/1543999066123767808?t=mf0QyXXvbmvnIWxxAIm7MQ&s=19[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 77
DB
July 4, 2022, 7:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from DB

Being fit and able to go to BP is not a problem. When you have health problems it is, I made an effort and went to the London Stadium. During the match I felt cold on several occasions.

Asking questions about live streaming is essential to me, an email by me had previously been sent to the trust on this subject. I was able to watch Town live on Ifollow the season before last, so when somebody says 'soon' it is important to me, so I know what to look, or not to look, forward to.

Imagine the outcry if someone posted season tickets are available SOON!

I have received red cross's for my query and wondered why? I admit that I am not as eloquent as Poojah, whose posts I like, in my posts but these cowards hide behind keyboards having anonymous digs at the disabled.

Be brave enough and admit who you are.

We are all Town, aren't we

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 77
Poojah
July 4, 2022, 7:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,672
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from DB

Being fit and able to go to BP is not a problem. When you have health problems it is, I made an effort and went to the London Stadium. During the match I felt cold on several occasions.

Asking questions about live streaming is essential to me, an email by me had previously been sent to the trust on this subject. I was able to watch Town live on Ifollow the season before last, so when somebody says 'soon' it is important to me, so I know what to look, or not to look, forward to.

Imagine the outcry if someone posted season tickets are available SOON!

I have received red cross's for my query and wondered why? I admit that I am not as eloquent as Poojah, whose posts I like, in my posts but these cowards hide behind keyboards having anonymous digs at the disabled.

Be brave enough and admit who you are.

We are all Town, aren't we

‘Kinell, don’t bring me into this…

For what it’s worth, I’m sure the club will be aware of the demand, officially, from overseas supporters and, unofficially, from those who can’t regularly attend games be it for geography or health-related reasons.

I would take ‘soon’ as before the start of the league season. The iFollow model was largely based on a ‘season ticket’ type subscription, and so I’m certain they’ll be working to have something live to cover all of our league and EFL Cup games.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 77
DB
July 4, 2022, 8:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

‘Kinell, don’t bring me into this…

For what it’s worth, I’m sure the club will be aware of the demand, officially, from overseas supporters and, unofficially, from those who can’t regularly attend games be it for geography or health-related reasons.

I would take ‘soon’ as before the start of the league season. The iFollow model was largely based on a ‘season ticket’ type subscription, and so I’m certain they’ll be working to have something live to cover all of our league and EFL Cup games.

Please see my PM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 77
grimps
July 4, 2022, 8:13pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
Ive used Ifollow a lot while living abroad and it’s been a life saver being able to see the games , there’s a few tech issues now and again but nothing major.
If the club feels they can provide the same service and make themselves more revenue then fair enough
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 77
HarrogateMariner
July 4, 2022, 9:54pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +479
Gold Stars: 23
What was the deal with listening to the matches 2 seasons ago? One of the few good things about non league was being able to listen to the match commentary considering I am well out of normal range. As a non season ticket holder and an increasingly remote chance of being able to get match tickets, it would be good if I could listen to matches I can't make/ get tickets for. I watched loads on I follow 2 seasons ago but don't remember any option to listen to radio humberside, would pay a subscription for this for the new season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 77
BenBB
July 4, 2022, 10:29pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from DB

I have no idea, hence the 'soon'. Just relaying what I heard when I asked on Twitter a while ago.

jamesgtfc's comment with the tweet from Debbie Cook says it should be inbound soon, definitely before the start of the season from what I'm hearing.

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 58 - 77
BenBB
July 4, 2022, 10:32pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from 123614
So if we do our own streaming of matches, I'm assuming that we cannot stream Saturday afternoon matches live, but when would we be able to see the stream.  Also will we be able to watch Weekday matches live?

Believe it will be the same as the arrangement before COVID/relegation, based around the EFL/FA broadcasting blackout rules. Certain weekday/away games if you're in the UK or all the games if you're outside or have the knowhow (at least I hope so!).

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 59 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › iFollow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.