Mikey_345
June 16, 2022, 5:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,541
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from GrimPol

I've never used VPN, does it do the trick?

Should do.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 77
Grantham_Mariner
June 16, 2022, 5:48pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,195
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from arryarryarry

But the match still has to be filmed by someone and I still say that home clubs wouldn't allow a visiting camera crew in to film/stream the game so whether it be ifollow or some other service you would still have to subscribe to the home clubs service.

Under EFL rules home clubs only have to provide a spot for the away analyst to film from.

Under the agrement with SkyBet the home team has to film/streem their home games, but the rights to showing/streeming said game is with SkyBet not the home club. Skybet make it available to both home and away teams. Clubs can use iFollow or there own platform to stream/show the match.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 77
arryarryarry
June 16, 2022, 6:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Under the agrement with SkyBet the home team has to film/streem their home games, but the rights to showing/streeming said game is with SkyBet not the home club. Skybet make it available to both home and away teams. Clubs can use iFollow or there own platform to stream/show the match.

Actually the home team does not film the games they are filmed on behalf of the EFL for Sky and ITV by designated camera operators employed by an agency used by Sky and a live feed is sent through so Sky have access to live footage and the necessary equipment is installed in several places at BP.

In a similar way to being in the National League the club's own video crew filmed the game for the club but for the BT Sport highlights show they were filmed separately by students.

If GTFC was to film the games for Sky and ITV the camera equipment is going to be very expensive and will have to work with the transmitting equipment on the gantry.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 77
Morris Minor
June 16, 2022, 7:17pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -606
Gold Stars: 12
I think i-follow, or similar, will be available for those fans who cannot make it to the game.
Looking at the list of clubs that do not use it, I can see that I have watched, last season, quite a few of those teams.
Sunderland, Bournemouth, Derby, Sheff Utd are just some of them I watched live.
UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 77
Manchester Mariner
July 4, 2022, 11:25am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/news/2022/july/statement-a-letter-to-the-efl-from-the-chairman/

"Accrington Stanley chairman Andy Holt has sent the following letter to the EFL:

I write to you to inform you that ASFC wants no part of your iFollow operation and as such insists the EFL ceases offering streams of our club with immediate effect.

To be clear we want no part in it. We do not want any income from it nor do we want others selling our LP.

For many years now I have argued that the income distribution is wrong, but the EFL wanders on ignoring the obvious.

The EFL taking our IP and allowing others to sell it for their private profit ends now.

When the EFL started this deliberately flawed concept, Accrington Stanley were amongst the clubs that refused to join, which was our right. Later the EFL board threatened my club with loss of income if we didn't join its project. It was coercion at a time when the club was just recovering from near bankruptcy. The board knew our clubs position then on iFollow and that position has hardened as the EFL pushes on blindly with its daft streaming plans.

Two days before the EFL summer conference, whilst I was in Majorca, we were informed by Email that there was to be no votes in regard to iFollow at the meeting. I objected to this because this gave me no time to prepare my argument nor was I able to attend to put my argument.

This is the usual EFL M.O. and it's embarassing. It's bounced on clubs at the last minute deliberately to avoid proper debate.

I contacted Steve Curwood, our L1 rep who responded that there would be no binding vote.

The day after he came back to me telling me he was wrong. It's a shambles of organisation.

I want to place on record that I support streaming as a collective.

If the proceeds were split equally as the collective TV deal is or, as with physical matchday tickets, the home club got the income, my club would happily participate.

Currently the EFL is taking away matchday income and taking away our streams against our wishes and allowing others to seel them on for their private gain. I do not know how anyone at the EFL can argue this is right or just.

Last week the EFL informed us that our home Boxing Day fixture against Barnsley is amongst ADDITIONAL fixtures to be streamed against our will.

This is not collective in any sense.

As the saying goes thanks for the offer, but sadly we're out."

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 77
fishboyUTM
July 4, 2022, 11:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from GrimPol

I've never used VPN, does it do the trick?

Yes, sometimes with issues. IP addresses get blacklisted, it's a case of choosing a different location. Had issues with NordVPN not having it at all. Surfshak relatively low cost and simple and always worked for me. Ifollow also available on IPTV, but I'd always pay for it as it's generally more reliable and goes to the club. I'd be at the vast majority of home games, a good portion of away games. Mainly Tuesday night away games for me, as I'm up early on Wednesday's.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 77
BeijingMariner
July 4, 2022, 11:53am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/news/2022/july/statement-a-letter-to-the-efl-from-the-chairman/

"Accrington Stanley chairman Andy Holt has sent the following letter to the EFL:

I write to you to inform you that ASFC wants no part of your iFollow operation and as such insists the EFL ceases offering streams of our club with immediate effect.

To be clear we want no part in it. We do not want any income from it nor do we want others selling our LP.

For many years now I have argued that the income distribution is wrong, but the EFL wanders on ignoring the obvious.

The EFL taking our IP and allowing others to sell it for their private profit ends now.

When the EFL started this deliberately flawed concept, Accrington Stanley were amongst the clubs that refused to join, which was our right. Later the EFL board threatened my club with loss of income if we didn't join its project. It was coercion at a time when the club was just recovering from near bankruptcy. The board knew our clubs position then on iFollow and that position has hardened as the EFL pushes on blindly with its daft streaming plans.

Two days before the EFL summer conference, whilst I was in Majorca, we were informed by Email that there was to be no votes in regard to iFollow at the meeting. I objected to this because this gave me no time to prepare my argument nor was I able to attend to put my argument.

This is the usual EFL M.O. and it's embarassing. It's bounced on clubs at the last minute deliberately to avoid proper debate.

I contacted Steve Curwood, our L1 rep who responded that there would be no binding vote.

The day after he came back to me telling me he was wrong. It's a shambles of organisation.

I want to place on record that I support streaming as a collective.

If the proceeds were split equally as the collective TV deal is or, as with physical matchday tickets, the home club got the income, my club would happily participate.

Currently the EFL is taking away matchday income and taking away our streams against our wishes and allowing others to seel them on for their private gain. I do not know how anyone at the EFL can argue this is right or just.

Last week the EFL informed us that our home Boxing Day fixture against Barnsley is amongst ADDITIONAL fixtures to be streamed against our will.

This is not collective in any sense.

As the saying goes thanks for the offer, but sadly we're out."

This is phenomenal. I wonder if we are part of this conversation?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 36 - 77
mimma
July 4, 2022, 12:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
It would be nice to know what, as a club, we are doing regarding streaming of matches. Any news that can be shared?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 77
Morris Minor
July 4, 2022, 12:43pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -606
Gold Stars: 12
Fingers crossed it's i-follow.
Simple, cheap and more than adequate for those that cannot make it to the game!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 77
jamesgtfc
July 4, 2022, 12:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Morris Minor
Fingers crossed it's i-follow.
Simple, cheap and more than adequate for those that cannot make it to the game!

It's definitely not iFollow, the club have confirmed that. We closed that door when we sacked off their website.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › iFollow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.