Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts County Tickets
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 205 Guests

Notts County Tickets

This thread currently has 28,798 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Son of Cod
May 16, 2022, 12:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from ska face

At least most people should already have a black & white scarf!

Sure it’s been mentioned on here before but there was a thread on Twitter where someone tried to explain some of the reasoning behind the decision. One of the issues was the size of the concourse and the problems it causes.

To be fair, that concourse is not even remotely fit for purpose. There have been massive crushes at the bottom of the stairs every time I’ve been in that stand purely because there’s not enough room. Queues for the kiosks are fúcked because there’s a barrier where you’d expect a queue to form, so you end up with people queuing, hitting that barrier and not knowing where to go. The stewards do absolutely nothing, less than zero, and the kiosk staff look like they’ve been dragged off the street 10 mins before KO. They flapped it and shut the whole thing at HT in Feb because they aren’t used to serving more than 1 man & a dog and they all froze before the supervisor cried off. If there was 4000 in there it would be awful - and that’s not down to any town fan, it’s a costs/logistics problem at Notts that that can’t be ársed to solve.

Pretty sure they shut at least one of the kiosks before kickoff too when it was absolutely rammed down there. My gate number didn't match the number on my ticket either and had to fight my way back through it all twice I seem to remember. The stewards are incredibly hands off, I'm totally with you on that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 216
buckstown
May 16, 2022, 12:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,180
Gold Stars: 79
MK gave Wycombe only 1200 for the second leg of their play off. 2 blocks of 600, in the gods and apart from each other to avoid them creating an atmosphere
I know we should expect nothing less from the franchisees but so pleased when Wycombe beat them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 216
Madeleymariner
May 16, 2022, 12:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,051
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from HerveJosse

That would be a breach of the Data Protection Act if they do. Hopefully our new regime wouldn’t do that.

No, its somewhere in the t&cs when you buy online/join 1878/get ST etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 216
jamesgtfc
May 16, 2022, 12:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from HerveJosse

That would be a breach of the Data Protection Act if they do. Hopefully our new regime wouldn’t do that.

I imagine people have agreed to the sharing of data by purchasing a ticket as it will no doubt be somewhere in the terms & conditions; unfortunately.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 216
GollyGTFC
May 16, 2022, 12:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,959
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I imagine people have agreed to the sharing of data by purchasing a ticket as it will no doubt be somewhere in the terms & conditions; unfortunately.

Being in general terms isn’t enough anymore. People have to opt in to any sharing of their data and agreement can’t legally be assumed by making a purchase.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 54 - 216
May 16, 2022, 1:29pm
Guest User
From the Notts County Footymad forum:

"Apparently the ticket money for all the play off games is pooled and shared between the six clubs, so it wouldn't be a good idea to sell more tickets to Grimsby fans, over the limit of 2,000. Like others have said, if the Sirrel is full of away fans, they will always generate more noise/support than us, therefore almost giving them home advantage."

Is this correct about the pooled ticket money?

County fans seem more preoccupied with our fans rather than our players.

Wrexham don't care - they are sure they can see off either County or us at home, according to their forum. Panicky about Solihull, though.

UTM
Reply: 55 - 216
The Yard Dog
May 16, 2022, 1:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Sconeboy

You certainly won’t be alone!

Notts creating a bigger problem for themselves, for the stewards and old bill, by not giving us the whole away end, which I sure we could fill. They will be many GTFC supporters wanting to attend, not able to get a ticket in the away end, so will resort to buying tickets in the home end, which in turn makes policing at the ground a lot harder, when you could have all the away supporters in one section of the ground.
Surely it makes more sense to have all the away supporters in the same section of the ground, rather than potentially having pockets of away fans in the home section.
So if they is a trouble, dont going pointing the finger at GTFC fans, because Notts County & the old bill may have inadvertently contributed by miss management of the situation.

Hopefully the match is incident free and town win.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 216
FishOutOfWater
May 16, 2022, 1:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from golfer

MK Dons looks a nice ground from that photo

It's definitely too good for the BFS  🤬
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 57 - 216
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 16, 2022, 1:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,271
Gold Stars: 304
The thing that confuses me is that any club at our level gets so few opportunities to fill the ground that you would expect them to jump at the chance. This is potentially County's biggest pay day in a long time and maybe for the foreseeable future.

Maybe the pooling of money acts as a disincentive to do this.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 216
Limerick Mariner
May 16, 2022, 1:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,694
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Being in general terms isn’t enough anymore. People have to opt in to any sharing of their data and agreement can’t legally be assumed by making a purchase.

Is that definitely correct? I'd be surprised if the two clubs don't have the right to share data for "security" reasons in the T and Cs.

From Liverpool FC's

12.2 You acknowledge that the Club will hold and process data relating to you, which may include personal data, for administrative and legal purposes. The personal data that you provide to the Club shall be processed, stored and transferred in accordance with the terms of the Club's current privacy policy. In particular, we may share your personal data, including your name, date of birth, photograph, contact details and information about ticket purchases (including payment details and the names of ticket holders) with other football clubs, any Football Authority and with law enforcement authorities. This data will be used for the purpose of identifying and preventing violent and antisocial behaviour at matches, including racial, homophobic or discriminatory abuse, chanting or harassment and with enforcing sanctions under the Commitment. We may also share your data in order to support with the handling of fan enquiries and to allow for rapid identification of fans in the event of incidents including health emergencies and general crowd control emergencies.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 216
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts County Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.