Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts County Tickets
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 188 Guests

Notts County Tickets

This thread currently has 28,545 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Sconeboy
May 16, 2022, 9:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +218
Gold Stars: 2
I am seriously considering buying a ticket for Mrs CummingsTackle and myself in the home section. They're not going to sell 18000 tickets.
We'll behave ourselves.

You certainly won’t be alone!

<*(((((>< G T F C ><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 216
ska face
May 16, 2022, 9:28am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,342
Gold Stars: 824
Anyone buying in the home end - do so under a different email address, different card and/or address if you can (just get a friend to do it). The GTFC ticket office pass on booking history if you’ve a record with them, so you’ll end up getting your tickets cancelled.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 216
GollyGTFC
May 16, 2022, 10:45am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
The minimum allocation for a play-off game according to NL rules is 600 or 10% of total capacity which ever is greater.

2,000 is the minimum allocation plus 16 based on their advertised ground capacity of 19,841.

So if we ever get to play Notts in a play-off game at BP we should just give them 900 tickets and tell them to “f*** off”.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 216
Limerick Mariner
May 16, 2022, 10:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,554
Gold Stars: 133
Quoted from ska face
Anyone buying in the home end - do so under a different email address, different card and/or address if you can (just get a friend to do it). The GTFC ticket office pass on booking history if you’ve a record with them, so you’ll end up getting your tickets cancelled.

I'm thinking go for the stand to the left of the away stand and as close as possible to the Town fans who'll be at that end of the away stand? I think it will still be a risk getting tickets cancelled if the "friend" has Lincs postcode. I should be ok, have work colleagues who live in Nottingham.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 216
Poojah
May 16, 2022, 11:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,490
Quoted from GollyGTFC
The minimum allocation for a play-off game according to NL rules is 600 or 10% of total capacity which ever is greater.

2,000 is the minimum allocation plus 16 based on their advertised ground capacity of 19,841.

So if we ever get to play Notts in a play-off game at BP we should just give them 900 tickets and tell them to “f*** off”.

It seems a shame to me that clubs have the prerogative to prevent fans from attending the game who would like to, when there will otherwise be swathes of empty seats. You'd have thought football would have learned something from the behind closed doors pandemic-era about the value fans bring to occasions such as this, but hey ho, whatever...

The sad thing is that the notion that restricting Town's allocation furthers Notts County's home advantage is overly simplistic and counter-intuitive anyway. On the surface, it seems obvious that 4,000 Town fans would make twice the noise of 2,000, but that fundamentally misunderstands the dynamics of football crowds.

A Town following of 4,000, by its very nature, includes around 3,000 people who do not regularly attend away games. In my experience, very large Town away crowds have always been anti-climatic; it's much harder to generate an atmosphere when you have that kind of mix. I'd argue that the sweet spot does in fact lie somewhere between 1,500 and 2,000, ironically.

The reverse is going to be true for County. If they sell 13,000 home tickets, that's 50% of the crowd made up of Johnny-come-lately's there in anticipation of a good night out at the football. 6,500 nervy, hard core County fans interspersed with another 6,500 impatient and expectant fair weather types is probably not the recipe for atmosphere the powers that be at Meadow Lane think it will be. How many times have we seen bumper crowds at BP turn out especially quiet and edgy? It happens more often than not.

Sadder than all that though is that all of this overlooks the fact that by far the most important factors on the night will take place on the pitch, not in the stands. If fan power counted for all that much Solihull and Halifax wouldn't be in the play-offs. In fact, the likes of Town and Notts County wouldn't even be in this division in the first place. It's not how it works.

All this is achieving is preventing regular football fans who want to watch an important match in their club's history from doing so, and increasing the risk of away fans finding their way into the home end. It's petty, it's wholly unnecessary and I hope it backfires spectacularly.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 216
HerveJosse
May 16, 2022, 12:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,123
Gold Stars: 134
Quoted from ska face

That would be a breach of the Data Protection Act if they do. Hopefully our new regime wouldn’t do that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 216
ska face
May 16, 2022, 12:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

I'm thinking go for the stand to the left of the away stand and as close as possible to the Town fans who'll be at that end of the away stand? I think it will still be a risk getting tickets cancelled if the "friend" has Lincs postcode. I should be ok, have work colleagues who live in Nottingham.

At least most people should already have a black & white scarf!

Sure it’s been mentioned on here before but there was a thread on Twitter where someone tried to explain some of the reasoning behind the decision. One of the issues was the size of the concourse and the problems it causes.

To be fair, that concourse is not even remotely fit for purpose. There have been massive crushes at the bottom of the stairs every time I’ve been in that stand purely because there’s not enough room. Queues for the kiosks are fúcked because there’s a barrier where you’d expect a queue to form, so you end up with people queuing, hitting that barrier and not knowing where to go. The stewards do absolutely nothing, less than zero, and the kiosk staff look like they’ve been dragged off the street 10 mins before KO. They flapped it and shut the whole thing at HT in Feb because they aren’t used to serving more than 1 man & a dog and they all froze before the supervisor cried off. If there was 4000 in there it would be awful - and that’s not down to any town fan, it’s a costs/logistics problem at Notts that that can’t be ársed to solve.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 216
GollyGTFC
May 16, 2022, 12:17pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from ska face

At least most people should already have a black & white scarf!

Sure it’s been mentioned on here before but there was a thread on Twitter where someone tried to explain some of the reasoning behind the decision. One of the issues was the size of the concourse and the problems it causes.

To be fair, that concourse is not even remotely fit for purpose. There have been massive crushes at the bottom of the stairs every time I’ve been in that stand purely because there’s not enough room. Queues for the kiosks are fúcked because there’s a barrier where you’d expect a queue to form, so you end up with people queuing, hitting that barrier and not knowing where to go. The stewards do absolutely nothing, less than zero, and the kiosk staff look like they’ve been dragged off the street 10 mins before KO. They flapped it and shut the whole thing at HT in Feb because they aren’t used to serving more than 1 man & a dog and they all froze before the supervisor cried off. If there was 4000 in there it would be awful - and that’s not down to any town fan, it’s a costs/logistics problem at Notts that that can’t be ársed to solve.

They coped with 4,500 Coventry fans a few years back in the L2 play-offs.

And didn’t they allow 3,500 Chesterfield fans after we went there?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 47 - 216
Sconeboy
May 16, 2022, 12:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +218
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I was there, absolutely packed to the rafters!  

<*(((((>< G T F C ><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 216
ska face
May 16, 2022, 12:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I imagine they probably ‘coped’ in the same way they coped with us on February - absolute chaos, kids crushed, people falling down the stairs, stewards watching on.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 216
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts County Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.