Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts County Tickets
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 238 Guests

Notts County Tickets

This thread currently has 28,724 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
May 16, 2022, 2:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,406
Gold Stars: 532
The thing that confuses me is that any club at our level gets so few opportunities to fill the ground that you would expect them to jump at the chance. This is potentially County's biggest pay day in a long time and maybe for the foreseeable future.

Maybe the pooling of money acts as a disincentive to do this.

Not saying I agree with this position but I imagine they're hedging the extra £20,000 they could make to give them more of a home advantage towards getting back into the league, which will give them extra income that will absolutely dwarf away end revenue for a single game.   Then there's the funding for youth set-ups etc.  Morally, it's wrong.  I'd also question if it's actually a negative for them as it makes them look worried from the off.  But I get why they would think limiting away numbers is to their advantage.

This has got disaster and carnage written all over it.  Demand will significantly outstrip demand in the away end, but with ample extra capacity in the home ends.  You don't need to be a genius to work out that there will be considerable number of Town fans chancing it and getting in the home ends.  How the hell you can police ticket sales beyond addresses of those living with 10 miles of DN35 is anyone's guess.  

Seem to remember the Town ticket office adopting a fool proof system of quizzing opposition fans on their GTFC history knowledge when ringing up for tickets in the home end...  For anyone who does try to go in the home end, Steve Cherry was the goalkeeper the last time Notts County were in the top flight.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 216
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 16, 2022, 2:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,193
Gold Stars: 291
Quoted from diehardmariner

Not saying I agree with this position but I imagine they're hedging the extra £20,000 they could make to give them more of a home advantage towards getting back into the league, which will give them extra income that will absolutely dwarf away end revenue for a single game.   Then there's the funding for youth set-ups etc.  Morally, it's wrong.  I'd also question if it's actually a negative for them as it makes them look worried from the off.  But I get why they would think limiting away numbers is to their advantage.

This has got disaster and carnage written all over it.  Demand will significantly outstrip demand in the away end, but with ample extra capacity in the home ends.  You don't need to be a genius to work out that there will be considerable number of Town fans chancing it and getting in the home ends.  How the hell you can police ticket sales beyond addresses of those living with 10 miles of DN35 is anyone's guess.  

Seem to remember the Town ticket office adopting a fool proof system of quizzing opposition fans on their GTFC history knowledge when ringing up for tickets in the home end...  For anyone who does try to go in the home end, Steve Cherry was the goalkeeper the last time Notts County were in the top flight.

Does getting back in the league dwarf income from games like this? I genuinely don't know.

One of the sobering aspects of us getting promoted back to the league last time was that we had won the right to play Stevenage away on a Tuesday night in February (or whatever). Hardly the big time.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 216
Son of Cod
May 16, 2022, 2:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,329
Gold Stars: 196
That hack Times article/video rearing its head again on this Twitter thread. It's an absolute joke if the safety advisory groups and Police consider this kind of one sided propaganda in their decisions on away allocations. "Grimsby fans threatened to invade the pitch at the last game at Meadow Lane."

https://twitter.com/salbre81/status/1526005287026671616?s=21&t=4HO99ZmWCYmHqVRW1tJdIA
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 216
HerveJosse
May 16, 2022, 2:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,184
Gold Stars: 139
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Is that definitely correct? I'd be surprised if the two clubs don't have the right to share data for "security" reasons in the T and Cs.

From Liverpool FC's

12.2 You acknowledge that the Club will hold and process data relating to you, which may include personal data, for administrative and legal purposes. The personal data that you provide to the Club shall be processed, stored and transferred in accordance with the terms of the Club's current privacy policy. In particular, we may share your personal data, including your name, date of birth, photograph, contact details and information about ticket purchases (including payment details and the names of ticket holders) with other football clubs, any Football Authority and with law enforcement authorities. This data will be used for the purpose of identifying and preventing violent and antisocial behaviour at matches, including racial, homophobic or discriminatory abuse, chanting or harassment and with enforcing sanctions under the Commitment. We may also share your data in order to support with the handling of fan enquiries and to allow for rapid identification of fans in the event of incidents including health emergencies and general crowd control emergencies.

Note the restrictive nature for which the Data can be shared not in case someone try’s to buy a ticket
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 216
ncfc_chalky
May 16, 2022, 2:55pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 58

I'm thinking go for the stand to the left of the away stand and as close as possible to the Town fans who'll be at that end of the away stand? I think it will still be a risk getting tickets cancelled if the "friend" has Lincs postcode. I should be ok, have work colleagues who live in Nottingham.

That's the family stand and you will stick out like a sore thumb in a stand of kids
One of the main problems imo is the chaos that your fans caused before and after the last game at Meadow Lane,the away stand holds 5000(ish) and when we played Coventry their allocation was 4500 so it might be on police advice rather than other conspiracy theories, personally I don't think that Notts nor Grimsby will be good enough to go up but looking forward to the game non the less
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 216
Limerick Mariner
May 16, 2022, 2:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,661
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from HerveJosse

Note the restrictive nature for which the Data can be shared not in case someone try’s to buy a ticket

But elsewhere in their T and Cs you are "warranting and representing that you are a supporter of the club" if you buy a ticket for a home area and there is a right to cancel the ticket if you turn out to be an away fan.

Combining the two clauses Notts would simply say any check of the ticket holders presence on a GTFC database is to prevent the threat of violence and anti-social behaviour

full T and Cs here [url]https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/ticket-terms[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 216
diehardmariner
May 16, 2022, 3:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,406
Gold Stars: 532

Does getting back in the league dwarf income from games like this? I genuinely don't know.

One of the sobering aspects of us getting promoted back to the league last time was that we had won the right to play Stevenage away on a Tuesday night in February (or whatever). Hardly the big time.

£1million isn't it?   I think County will be out of the period of getting any parachute payments next season too.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 216
GollyGTFC
May 16, 2022, 3:24pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,976
Gold Stars: 356

Is that definitely correct? I'd be surprised if the two clubs don't have the right to share data for "security" reasons in the T and Cs.

From Liverpool FC's

12.2 You acknowledge that the Club will hold and process data relating to you, which may include personal data, for administrative and legal purposes. The personal data that you provide to the Club shall be processed, stored and transferred in accordance with the terms of the Club's current privacy policy. In particular, we may share your personal data, including your name, date of birth, photograph, contact details and information about ticket purchases (including payment details and the names of ticket holders) with other football clubs, any Football Authority and with law enforcement authorities. This data will be used for the purpose of identifying and preventing violent and antisocial behaviour at matches, including racial, homophobic or discriminatory abuse, chanting or harassment and with enforcing sanctions under the Commitment. We may also share your data in order to support with the handling of fan enquiries and to allow for rapid identification of fans in the event of incidents including health emergencies and general crowd control emergencies.

That is in reference to Liverpool selling away match tickets to Liverpool fans. When a club sells away tickets it is in effect acting as a ticket agent for the home club. LFC sell tickets to their fans on behalf of whoever they are playing. As such the home club has the right to know the details of the people who LFC have sold tickets to on their behalf.

Liverpool FC are a third party in the transaction. The customer is the fan buying the ticket & the home club are supplying the service (entry to the match).

As such GTFC should send NCFC the basic details of everyone who buys a ticket for the game from our ticket office.

There is no legal justification for any club to send their entire fan database to another club.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 67 - 216
Limerick Mariner
May 16, 2022, 4:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,661
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

That's the family stand and you will stick out like a sore thumb in a stand of kids
One of the main problems imo is the chaos that your fans caused before and after the last game at Meadow Lane,the away stand holds 5000(ish) and when we played Coventry their allocation was 4500 so it might be on police advice rather than other conspiracy theories, personally I don't think that Notts nor Grimsby will be good enough to go up but looking forward to the game non the less

So the stand opposite the away stand then?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 216
Son of Cod
May 16, 2022, 4:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,329
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

Chaos? What chaos did we cause?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 216
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts County Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.