Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts County Tickets
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 422 Guests

Notts County Tickets

This thread currently has 28,770 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
ncfc_chalky
May 16, 2022, 6:14pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 58
Quoted from Tinymariner

And you believed them? Absolute gutter press. All teams have a small handful of people who act idiotically at football matches, the majority of us are hard working, professional, respectable people. UTM

I did say in post 73 that it's unfortunate that genuine supporters get tarnished with the same brush as the club's idiots
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 216
HerveJosse
May 16, 2022, 6:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 143
Quoted from Abdul19

I'm going to call the person I'm speaking to duck and reference the chip cob I've just had. Easy!

Miduck would be even better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 216
HerveJosse
May 16, 2022, 6:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 143
Quoted from HerveJosse

Miduck would be even better

Also two weeks to learn to speak Welsh.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 216
May 16, 2022, 6:47pm
Guest User
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
But elsewhere in their T and Cs you are "warranting and representing that you are a supporter of the club" if you buy a ticket for a home area and there is a right to cancel the ticket if you turn out to be an away fan.

Combining the two clauses Notts would simply say any check of the ticket holders presence on a GTFC database is to prevent the threat of violence and anti-social behaviour

full T and Cs here [url]https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/ticket-terms[/url]

The internet is a legal quagmire where sensible folk don't venture.

Any lawyer (honest or otherwise) could challenge Notts County to explain why someone handing over their hard-earned cash to attend a football match at their
home ground is not 'supporting the club'.

So you try to redefine 'supporter' in a different way and... etc. etc... it becomes a lawyers playground.
(e.g.) Should a 'supporter' be defined as a person who has repeatedly handed over their hard-earned cash to attend a football match at the club's home ground, then no
first-time attender could be classed as a supporter, and would be denied a ticket in their home end. Over time, this would ensure the home end is completely empty.

Another point - the most evil Home Secretary in living memory (Priti Patel) - has granted the police the power to stop & search anyone (without needing a reason) in
situations where there is a likelihood of violence.
Thus, if the reason for accessing the GTFC database is as given in the post, the police will have carte-blanche to search any Town fan.
Like Stevenage, but legally unchallengeable.

We may not live in a police state yet, but we're heading there rapidly i.m.o. barring a change of Government.

Personally, I take the view that Notts finished 5 points ahead of us at the end of the season -  so we're kind of lucky to have the chance to take a promotion spot
instead of them. So I just hope for the result we all want.

Reply: 83 - 216
Son of Cod
May 16, 2022, 7:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

There was a report of the behaviour of Grimsby fans at the time online (The Times?) of drug use,drunkiness and the smashing up of a train on the way down to Nottingham plus tales of trouble from other Notts fans at the time

Did you go to the match? If yes, did you see any trouble that was out of the ordinary?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 216
Limerick Mariner
May 16, 2022, 7:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from HerveJosse

You clearly believe we live in a police state. Any use of the clauses like this for specific purposes has to be proportionate you can’t link Aand B and assume anybody buying a ticket does so with the intent of causing violence and anti social behaviour

Getting close to one with the Police Bill...up to 10 years for a noisy protest.

There are instances of people having their e-tickets cancelled after database cross checks. I'd probably be ok with a Leicestershire address, but Notts might decide to do some random checks on "new fans". Anyway I'm sorted for tickets...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 216
ncfc_chalky
May 16, 2022, 7:57pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 58
Quoted from Son of Cod

Did you go to the match? If yes, did you see any trouble that was out of the ordinary?

Yes I was at the game and enjoyed the noisy atmosphere of the Grimsby fans but I can't say that I witnessed anything outside the ground as I usually park in the car park opposite and go straight into the ground,my comment was made on the Times report and hearsay,I've given the report another look on YouTube and tbf Grimsby fans didn't come over as any worst than any other clubs fans on a big game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 216
vinno69
May 16, 2022, 9:30pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +57
Mine in the bag, but do live in Notts these days
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 216
Son of Cod
May 16, 2022, 9:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

Yes I was at the game and enjoyed the noisy atmosphere of the Grimsby fans but I can't say that I witnessed anything outside the ground as I usually park in the car park opposite and go straight into the ground,my comment was made on the Times report and hearsay,I've given the report another look on YouTube and tbf Grimsby fans didn't come over as any worst than any other clubs fans on a big game

Well then with all due respect, you're part of the problem here. You've been to the game and didn't see any trouble, but have then gone and said that we caused chaos based off an article. If people who have first hand experience of that day are being suckered in by it then what hope do we have. It's annoying that we've not got a bigger allocation but I personally don't have a problem with Notts only giving us 2000 to give themselves a home advantage but if the slander in that article has contributed to any decision it's an absolute pisstake. We've been shat on by police forces and safety advisory groups a lot over recent seasons and this season has been no exception, so it's kind of a sore point among Town fans and it's frustrating to read fans of other clubs being taken in by a media agenda being fuelled by sensationalism.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 216
arryarryarry
May 16, 2022, 9:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 137

The internet is a legal quagmire where sensible folk don't venture.

Any lawyer (honest or otherwise) could challenge Notts County to explain why someone handing over their hard-earned cash to attend a football match at their
home ground is not 'supporting the club'.

So you try to redefine 'supporter' in a different way and... etc. etc... it becomes a lawyers playground.
(e.g.) Should a 'supporter' be defined as a person who has repeatedly handed over their hard-earned cash to attend a football match at the club's home ground, then no
first-time attender could be classed as a supporter, and would be denied a ticket in their home end. Over time, this would ensure the home end is completely empty.

Another point - the most evil Home Secretary in living memory (Priti Patel) - has granted the police the power to stop & search anyone (without needing a reason) in
situations where there is a likelihood of violence.
Thus, if the reason for accessing the GTFC database is as given in the post, the police will have carte-blanche to search any Town fan.
Like Stevenage, but legally unchallengeable.

We may not live in a police state yet, but we're heading there rapidly i.m.o. barring a change of Government.

Personally, I take the view that Notts finished 5 points ahead of us at the end of the season -  so we're kind of lucky to have the chance to take a promotion spot
instead of them. So I just hope for the result we all want.

Haven't football clubs had the right to search football fans going into a ground for years now?
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 216
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts County Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.