Posted by: Sconeboy, May 15, 2022, 5:01pm
https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2022/may/tickets-grimsby-play-off-150522/

2,000 maximum  :o
Posted by: Hagrid, May 15, 2022, 5:02pm; Reply: 1
illegitimates

Gonna go fast them arent they

See you in Notts
Posted by: davmariner, May 15, 2022, 5:03pm; Reply: 2
Think that’s fair enough. They’ll sell out their end.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 15, 2022, 5:04pm; Reply: 3
Not a great allocation, feels a bit short changed.
Posted by: out of town, May 15, 2022, 5:06pm; Reply: 4
A p!ss take
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 15, 2022, 5:09pm; Reply: 5

At least we can watch it on BT Sport.
Posted by: Plankton, May 15, 2022, 5:10pm; Reply: 6
Is the club planning on showing the game?
Posted by: headingly_mariner, May 15, 2022, 5:10pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from davmariner

Will they? The ground holds 24 thousand
Posted by: Poojah, May 15, 2022, 5:12pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from davmariner

No they won’t. Meadow Lane holds 20,000 and they’ve literally never sold the ground out since it was redeveloped into its current form in the early 90s.

They allowed 4,500 away fans the last time they played a play-off fixture there in 2018. Whether it’s the club or the police, this is someone’s decision and it stinks.
Posted by: lukeo, May 15, 2022, 5:14pm; Reply: 9
If they can shift 20k home fans then fair enough crack on. But if they only sell 12-17k. Then it's absolutely redicilous
Posted by: Plankton, May 15, 2022, 5:15pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from lukeo
If they can shift 20k home fans then fair enough crack on. But if they only sell 12-17k. Then it's absolutely redicilous

That’s it, if they sell the ground out then fair play but to have it half-quarter empty is just daft.
Posted by: grimps, May 15, 2022, 5:17pm; Reply: 11
It would be nice to know how the decisions are made and who made them
Posted by: DB, May 15, 2022, 5:19pm; Reply: 12
Debbie should take then to task and find reasons why and then get the allocation increased.
Posted by: Sconeboy, May 15, 2022, 5:19pm; Reply: 13
I might aswell start it off, any season ticket holders that can't make it then I'd be happy to drop you a few quid for the use of your ticket  :'(
Posted by: headingly_mariner, May 15, 2022, 5:24pm; Reply: 14
There will be plenty of town fans in the home ends. There was in February.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 15, 2022, 5:26pm; Reply: 15
It stinks but I was expecting it.

They don't want to be outshone by our fans.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, May 15, 2022, 5:32pm; Reply: 16
I dont blame them to be fair, thats the advantage finishing higher gets you and if we dont go up this year then hopefully next year we'll finish higher (or top)
Posted by: mimma, May 15, 2022, 6:49pm; Reply: 17
There will be 2,000 odd empty seats in the stand. It holds more than 2,000 that's for sure, and they wouldn't dare try to put County fans in there so they are going to leave the stand half empty in a cinicle attempt to stiffle our support.

Time for the powers that be to intervene, but I'm not holding my breath.
Posted by: goldenfish, May 15, 2022, 6:53pm; Reply: 18
Can kind of see it from the ‘ let’s not give out opponents a bigger support than we have too ‘

As a town fan , we obviously want as many of us there as possible .. but can see the County point of view
Posted by: Plankton, May 15, 2022, 6:57pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from goldenfish
Can kind of see it from the ‘ let’s not give out opponents a bigger support than we have too ‘

As a town fan , we obviously want as many of us there as possible .. but can see the County point of view

I do see the view of wanting to minimise away support, but football needs to really become more accessible, especially if there's the capacity for it. It's just daft not to allow people to fill a stadium.
Posted by: Epworth Mariner, May 15, 2022, 6:59pm; Reply: 20
Is the match definitely on BT Sport?
Posted by: Madeleymariner, May 15, 2022, 7:00pm; Reply: 21
Yes BT are showing all the Van playoffs
Posted by: Hagrid, May 15, 2022, 7:00pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Epworth Mariner
Is the match definitely on BT Sport?

100% mate, all Play off games are
Posted by: immariner, May 15, 2022, 7:01pm; Reply: 23
If any season ticket holder isn't going, would much appreciate if you would be willing to let me kindly have your allocation. I've been to 8 home games this year and 2 away, where my health has allowed. Happy to give you a little extra dosh for your kindness or make a donation to a charity of your choice.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Posted by: Son of Cod, May 15, 2022, 7:22pm; Reply: 24
People with stubs from either last home match on having equal priority with 1878 members devalues the membership scheme a bit for me. The whole reason I got it was for matches like this. Now someone who has only been to one match this season is at the same place in the queue. Nice one.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 15, 2022, 7:32pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Son of Cod
People with stubs from either last home match on having equal priority with 1878 members devalues the membership scheme a bit for me. The whole reason I got it was for matches like this. Now someone who has only been to one match this season is at the same place in the queue. Nice one.

I'm with you here, the least they could have done is give 1878 members the Thursday morning.
Posted by: ska face, May 15, 2022, 7:33pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Son of Cod

Yep, pay £25 for a membership to get priority and you end up with the same benefit as someone who paid £20 for two adults & two kids in the Osmond Tuesday night.

Really shouldn’t be difficult to work this out in the ticket office but someone always manages to make a bôllocks of it.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 15, 2022, 7:41pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from ska face

Yep, pay £25 for a membership to get priority and you end up with the same benefit as someone who paid £20 for two adults & two kids in the Osmond Tuesday night.

Really shouldn’t be difficult to work this out in the ticket office but someone always manages to make a bôllocks of it.

To quote he who shall not be named, "it devalues the product."
Posted by: immariner, May 15, 2022, 7:49pm; Reply: 28
I'm with SoC, Ska and Jimmy. Only reason I got the 1878 membership was for the preference for games like this. I don't think tickets will get past ST holders so it's probably a bit moot but someone hasn't given it due attention
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, May 15, 2022, 7:51pm; Reply: 29
Out of interest do we split the gate receipts in the play offs.
Posted by: RobDef1, May 15, 2022, 8:15pm; Reply: 30
Shocking allocation from Notts that. I can certainly see the points being made by some for doing it. But IMO, you concentrate on selling your own tickets to boost your support, not stifle your opponents.

That is less than they allocated us for the league game, doesn't exactly scream 'faith in ability' does it? Or confidence in their own supporting potential for that matter.

Hope we absolutely stuff them and if we don't get promoted, don't be giving them more than 800 here next season.
Posted by: ska face, May 15, 2022, 8:25pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from immariner
I'm with SoC, Ska and Jimmy. Only reason I got the 1878 membership was for the preference for games like this. I don't think tickets will get past ST holders so it's probably a bit moot but someone hasn't given it due attention

I think it’s precisely because they’re unlikely to make it past ST holders that they’ve not given it any attention.

If we’d been given the 4k, they surely would’ve gone the usual ST, 1878, Trust, stubs, Gen sale route. Just looks like someone’s thought “well they’ll not make it past STs, so fúck em, let them all be disappointed together”.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, May 15, 2022, 8:29pm; Reply: 32
Didn’t see any mention of when Trust members would get access to tickets but as others have said I expect that season ticket holders will take up all 2000.
Posted by: Son of Cod, May 15, 2022, 8:33pm; Reply: 33
Maybe it's the optimist in me, but I'm not convinced all 2000 will get snapped up by ST holders. It hasn't been the case for a number of matches this season with initial allocations and with it being on a Monday night and having gone through a last minute date change I reckon there might be some left on Thursday morning but there definitely won't be many and they'll all be gone later that day if there are some.
Posted by: HerveJosse, May 15, 2022, 8:36pm; Reply: 34
They are not going to sell 18k home tickets maybe 12k so if the ground reall does hold 20k it will be 25% empty
Posted by: RobDef1, May 15, 2022, 8:42pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from HerveJosse
They are not going to sell 18k home tickets maybe 12k so if the ground reall does hold 20k it will be 25% empty

Lets hope that by FT it's 75% empty like it was in January.
Posted by: Poojah, May 15, 2022, 9:20pm; Reply: 36
Rightly or wrongly I doubt this is going to change, so this is the last I’ll say on this. A week ago, MK Dons limited Wycombe to 2,000 tickets for their play-off second leg, despite having the capacity to have given them as many as they wanted. Not only that, they split them into two sections in the otherwise (virtually always) unused upper tier.

Guess who’s going Wembley? These are great examples of writing the opposition team talk. If anything, it reeks of fear and insecurity. Bring it on!

https://mobile.twitter.com/_theawayends/status/1523361124493967360
Posted by: golfer, May 16, 2022, 8:30am; Reply: 37
Quoted from Poojah
Rightly or wrongly I doubt this is going to change, so this is the last I’ll say on this. A week ago, MK Dons limited Wycombe to 2,000 tickets for their play-off second leg, despite having the capacity to have given them as many as they wanted. Not only that, they split them into two sections in the otherwise (virtually always) unused upper tier.

Guess who’s going Wembley? These are great examples of writing the opposition team talk. If anything, it reeks of fear and insecurity. Bring it on!

https://mobile.twitter.com/_theawayends/status/1523361124493967360

MK Dons looks a nice ground from that photo
Posted by: Madeleymariner, May 16, 2022, 8:42am; Reply: 38
Last laugh was Wycombes, dont know how many tickets they could sold but MK Dongs only lost out as a result.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, May 16, 2022, 9:03am; Reply: 39
I am seriously considering buying a ticket for Mrs CummingsTackle and myself in the home section. They're not going to sell 18000 tickets.
We'll behave ourselves.
Posted by: Sconeboy, May 16, 2022, 9:22am; Reply: 40
I am seriously considering buying a ticket for Mrs CummingsTackle and myself in the home section. They're not going to sell 18000 tickets.
We'll behave ourselves.

You certainly won’t be alone!
Posted by: ska face, May 16, 2022, 9:28am; Reply: 41
Anyone buying in the home end - do so under a different email address, different card and/or address if you can (just get a friend to do it). The GTFC ticket office pass on booking history if you’ve a record with them, so you’ll end up getting your tickets cancelled.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, May 16, 2022, 10:45am; Reply: 42
The minimum allocation for a play-off game according to NL rules is 600 or 10% of total capacity which ever is greater.

2,000 is the minimum allocation plus 16 based on their advertised ground capacity of 19,841.

So if we ever get to play Notts in a play-off game at BP we should just give them 900 tickets and tell them to “f*** off”.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, May 16, 2022, 10:57am; Reply: 43
Quoted from ska face
Anyone buying in the home end - do so under a different email address, different card and/or address if you can (just get a friend to do it). The GTFC ticket office pass on booking history if you’ve a record with them, so you’ll end up getting your tickets cancelled.

I'm thinking go for the stand to the left of the away stand and as close as possible to the Town fans who'll be at that end of the away stand? I think it will still be a risk getting tickets cancelled if the "friend" has Lincs postcode. I should be ok, have work colleagues who live in Nottingham.

Posted by: Poojah, May 16, 2022, 11:22am; Reply: 44
Quoted from GollyGTFC
The minimum allocation for a play-off game according to NL rules is 600 or 10% of total capacity which ever is greater.

2,000 is the minimum allocation plus 16 based on their advertised ground capacity of 19,841.

So if we ever get to play Notts in a play-off game at BP we should just give them 900 tickets and tell them to “f*** off”.

It seems a shame to me that clubs have the prerogative to prevent fans from attending the game who would like to, when there will otherwise be swathes of empty seats. You'd have thought football would have learned something from the behind closed doors pandemic-era about the value fans bring to occasions such as this, but hey ho, whatever...

The sad thing is that the notion that restricting Town's allocation furthers Notts County's home advantage is overly simplistic and counter-intuitive anyway. On the surface, it seems obvious that 4,000 Town fans would make twice the noise of 2,000, but that fundamentally misunderstands the dynamics of football crowds.

A Town following of 4,000, by its very nature, includes around 3,000 people who do not regularly attend away games. In my experience, very large Town away crowds have always been anti-climatic; it's much harder to generate an atmosphere when you have that kind of mix. I'd argue that the sweet spot does in fact lie somewhere between 1,500 and 2,000, ironically.

The reverse is going to be true for County. If they sell 13,000 home tickets, that's 50% of the crowd made up of Johnny-come-lately's there in anticipation of a good night out at the football. 6,500 nervy, hard core County fans interspersed with another 6,500 impatient and expectant fair weather types is probably not the recipe for atmosphere the powers that be at Meadow Lane think it will be. How many times have we seen bumper crowds at BP turn out especially quiet and edgy? It happens more often than not.

Sadder than all that though is that all of this overlooks the fact that by far the most important factors on the night will take place on the pitch, not in the stands. If fan power counted for all that much Solihull and Halifax wouldn't be in the play-offs. In fact, the likes of Town and Notts County wouldn't even be in this division in the first place. It's not how it works.

All this is achieving is preventing regular football fans who want to watch an important match in their club's history from doing so, and increasing the risk of away fans finding their way into the home end. It's petty, it's wholly unnecessary and I hope it backfires spectacularly.
Posted by: HerveJosse, May 16, 2022, 12:10pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from ska face

That would be a breach of the Data Protection Act if they do. Hopefully our new regime wouldn’t do that.
Posted by: ska face, May 16, 2022, 12:12pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

I'm thinking go for the stand to the left of the away stand and as close as possible to the Town fans who'll be at that end of the away stand? I think it will still be a risk getting tickets cancelled if the "friend" has Lincs postcode. I should be ok, have work colleagues who live in Nottingham.

At least most people should already have a black & white scarf!

Sure it’s been mentioned on here before but there was a thread on Twitter where someone tried to explain some of the reasoning behind the decision. One of the issues was the size of the concourse and the problems it causes.

To be fair, that concourse is not even remotely fit for purpose. There have been massive crushes at the bottom of the stairs every time I’ve been in that stand purely because there’s not enough room. Queues for the kiosks are fúcked because there’s a barrier where you’d expect a queue to form, so you end up with people queuing, hitting that barrier and not knowing where to go. The stewards do absolutely nothing, less than zero, and the kiosk staff look like they’ve been dragged off the street 10 mins before KO. They flapped it and shut the whole thing at HT in Feb because they aren’t used to serving more than 1 man & a dog and they all froze before the supervisor cried off. If there was 4000 in there it would be awful - and that’s not down to any town fan, it’s a costs/logistics problem at Notts that that can’t be ársed to solve.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, May 16, 2022, 12:17pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from ska face

Sure it’s been mentioned on here before but there was a thread on Twitter where someone tried to explain some of the reasoning behind the decision. One of the issues was the size of the concourse and the problems it causes.

To be fair, that concourse is not even remotely fit for purpose. There have been massive crushes at the bottom of the stairs every time I’ve been in that stand purely because there’s not enough room. Queues for the kiosks are fúcked because there’s a barrier where you’d expect a queue to form, so you end up with people queuing, hitting that barrier and not knowing where to go. The stewards do absolutely nothing, less than zero, and the kiosk staff look like they’ve been dragged off the street 10 mins before KO. They flapped it and shut the whole thing at HT in Feb because they aren’t used to serving more than 1 man & a dog and they all froze before the supervisor cried off. If there was 4000 in there it would be awful - and that’s not down to any town fan, it’s a costs/logistics problem at Notts that that can’t be ársed to solve.

They coped with 4,500 Coventry fans a few years back in the L2 play-offs.

And didn’t they allow 3,500 Chesterfield fans after we went there?
Posted by: Sconeboy, May 16, 2022, 12:25pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I was there, absolutely packed to the rafters!  :-/
Posted by: ska face, May 16, 2022, 12:27pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I imagine they probably ‘coped’ in the same way they coped with us on February - absolute chaos, kids crushed, people falling down the stairs, stewards watching on.
Posted by: Son of Cod, May 16, 2022, 12:34pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from ska face

Pretty sure they shut at least one of the kiosks before kickoff too when it was absolutely rammed down there. My gate number didn't match the number on my ticket either and had to fight my way back through it all twice I seem to remember. The stewards are incredibly hands off, I'm totally with you on that.
Posted by: buckstown, May 16, 2022, 12:35pm; Reply: 51
MK gave Wycombe only 1200 for the second leg of their play off. 2 blocks of 600, in the gods and apart from each other to avoid them creating an atmosphere
I know we should expect nothing less from the franchisees but so pleased when Wycombe beat them
Posted by: Madeleymariner, May 16, 2022, 12:37pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from HerveJosse

That would be a breach of the Data Protection Act if they do. Hopefully our new regime wouldn’t do that.

No, its somewhere in the t&cs when you buy online/join 1878/get ST etc.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 16, 2022, 12:42pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from HerveJosse

I imagine people have agreed to the sharing of data by purchasing a ticket as it will no doubt be somewhere in the terms & conditions; unfortunately.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, May 16, 2022, 12:59pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I imagine people have agreed to the sharing of data by purchasing a ticket as it will no doubt be somewhere in the terms & conditions; unfortunately.

Being in general terms isn’t enough anymore. People have to opt in to any sharing of their data and agreement can’t legally be assumed by making a purchase.
Posted by: 137 (Guest), May 16, 2022, 1:29pm; Reply: 55
From the Notts County Footymad forum:

"Apparently the ticket money for all the play off games is pooled and shared between the six clubs, so it wouldn't be a good idea to sell more tickets to Grimsby fans, over the limit of 2,000. Like others have said, if the Sirrel is full of away fans, they will always generate more noise/support than us, therefore almost giving them home advantage."

Is this correct about the pooled ticket money?

County fans seem more preoccupied with our fans rather than our players.

Wrexham don't care - they are sure they can see off either County or us at home, according to their forum. Panicky about Solihull, though.

UTM
Posted by: The Yard Dog, May 16, 2022, 1:40pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from Sconeboy

You certainly won’t be alone!

Notts creating a bigger problem for themselves, for the stewards and old bill, by not giving us the whole away end, which I sure we could fill. They will be many GTFC supporters wanting to attend, not able to get a ticket in the away end, so will resort to buying tickets in the home end, which in turn makes policing at the ground a lot harder, when you could have all the away supporters in one section of the ground.
Surely it makes more sense to have all the away supporters in the same section of the ground, rather than potentially having pockets of away fans in the home section.
So if they is a trouble, dont going pointing the finger at GTFC fans, because Notts County & the old bill may have inadvertently contributed by miss management of the situation.

Hopefully the match is incident free and town win.

UTM
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 16, 2022, 1:42pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from golfer

MK Dons looks a nice ground from that photo

It's definitely too good for the BFS  🤬
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, May 16, 2022, 1:43pm; Reply: 58
The thing that confuses me is that any club at our level gets so few opportunities to fill the ground that you would expect them to jump at the chance. This is potentially County's biggest pay day in a long time and maybe for the foreseeable future.

Maybe the pooling of money acts as a disincentive to do this.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, May 16, 2022, 1:44pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Being in general terms isn’t enough anymore. People have to opt in to any sharing of their data and agreement can’t legally be assumed by making a purchase.

Is that definitely correct? I'd be surprised if the two clubs don't have the right to share data for "security" reasons in the T and Cs.

From Liverpool FC's

12.2 You acknowledge that the Club will hold and process data relating to you, which may include personal data, for administrative and legal purposes. The personal data that you provide to the Club shall be processed, stored and transferred in accordance with the terms of the Club's current privacy policy. In particular, we may share your personal data, including your name, date of birth, photograph, contact details and information about ticket purchases (including payment details and the names of ticket holders) with other football clubs, any Football Authority and with law enforcement authorities. This data will be used for the purpose of identifying and preventing violent and antisocial behaviour at matches, including racial, homophobic or discriminatory abuse, chanting or harassment and with enforcing sanctions under the Commitment. We may also share your data in order to support with the handling of fan enquiries and to allow for rapid identification of fans in the event of incidents including health emergencies and general crowd control emergencies.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 16, 2022, 2:31pm; Reply: 60
The thing that confuses me is that any club at our level gets so few opportunities to fill the ground that you would expect them to jump at the chance. This is potentially County's biggest pay day in a long time and maybe for the foreseeable future.

Maybe the pooling of money acts as a disincentive to do this.

Not saying I agree with this position but I imagine they're hedging the extra £20,000 they could make to give them more of a home advantage towards getting back into the league, which will give them extra income that will absolutely dwarf away end revenue for a single game.   Then there's the funding for youth set-ups etc.  Morally, it's wrong.  I'd also question if it's actually a negative for them as it makes them look worried from the off.  But I get why they would think limiting away numbers is to their advantage.

This has got disaster and carnage written all over it.  Demand will significantly outstrip demand in the away end, but with ample extra capacity in the home ends.  You don't need to be a genius to work out that there will be considerable number of Town fans chancing it and getting in the home ends.  How the hell you can police ticket sales beyond addresses of those living with 10 miles of DN35 is anyone's guess.  

Seem to remember the Town ticket office adopting a fool proof system of quizzing opposition fans on their GTFC history knowledge when ringing up for tickets in the home end...  For anyone who does try to go in the home end, Steve Cherry was the goalkeeper the last time Notts County were in the top flight.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, May 16, 2022, 2:39pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from diehardmariner

Not saying I agree with this position but I imagine they're hedging the extra £20,000 they could make to give them more of a home advantage towards getting back into the league, which will give them extra income that will absolutely dwarf away end revenue for a single game.   Then there's the funding for youth set-ups etc.  Morally, it's wrong.  I'd also question if it's actually a negative for them as it makes them look worried from the off.  But I get why they would think limiting away numbers is to their advantage.

This has got disaster and carnage written all over it.  Demand will significantly outstrip demand in the away end, but with ample extra capacity in the home ends.  You don't need to be a genius to work out that there will be considerable number of Town fans chancing it and getting in the home ends.  How the hell you can police ticket sales beyond addresses of those living with 10 miles of DN35 is anyone's guess.  

Seem to remember the Town ticket office adopting a fool proof system of quizzing opposition fans on their GTFC history knowledge when ringing up for tickets in the home end...  For anyone who does try to go in the home end, Steve Cherry was the goalkeeper the last time Notts County were in the top flight.

Does getting back in the league dwarf income from games like this? I genuinely don't know.

One of the sobering aspects of us getting promoted back to the league last time was that we had won the right to play Stevenage away on a Tuesday night in February (or whatever). Hardly the big time.
Posted by: Son of Cod, May 16, 2022, 2:41pm; Reply: 62
That hack Times article/video rearing its head again on this Twitter thread. It's an absolute joke if the safety advisory groups and Police consider this kind of one sided propaganda in their decisions on away allocations. "Grimsby fans threatened to invade the pitch at the last game at Meadow Lane."

https://twitter.com/salbre81/status/1526005287026671616?s=21&t=4HO99ZmWCYmHqVRW1tJdIA
Posted by: HerveJosse, May 16, 2022, 2:50pm; Reply: 63

Is that definitely correct? I'd be surprised if the two clubs don't have the right to share data for "security" reasons in the T and Cs.

From Liverpool FC's

12.2 You acknowledge that the Club will hold and process data relating to you, which may include personal data, for administrative and legal purposes. The personal data that you provide to the Club shall be processed, stored and transferred in accordance with the terms of the Club's current privacy policy. In particular, we may share your personal data, including your name, date of birth, photograph, contact details and information about ticket purchases (including payment details and the names of ticket holders) with other football clubs, any Football Authority and with law enforcement authorities. This data will be used for the purpose of identifying and preventing violent and antisocial behaviour at matches, including racial, homophobic or discriminatory abuse, chanting or harassment and with enforcing sanctions under the Commitment. We may also share your data in order to support with the handling of fan enquiries and to allow for rapid identification of fans in the event of incidents including health emergencies and general crowd control emergencies.

Note the restrictive nature for which the Data can be shared not in case someone try’s to buy a ticket
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 16, 2022, 2:55pm; Reply: 64

That's the family stand and you will stick out like a sore thumb in a stand of kids
One of the main problems imo is the chaos that your fans caused before and after the last game at Meadow Lane,the away stand holds 5000(ish) and when we played Coventry their allocation was 4500 so it might be on police advice rather than other conspiracy theories, personally I don't think that Notts nor Grimsby will be good enough to go up but looking forward to the game non the less
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, May 16, 2022, 2:59pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from HerveJosse

Note the restrictive nature for which the Data can be shared not in case someone try’s to buy a ticket

But elsewhere in their T and Cs you are "warranting and representing that you are a supporter of the club" if you buy a ticket for a home area and there is a right to cancel the ticket if you turn out to be an away fan.

Combining the two clauses Notts would simply say any check of the ticket holders presence on a GTFC database is to prevent the threat of violence and anti-social behaviour

full T and Cs here [url]https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/ticket-terms[/url]
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 16, 2022, 3:06pm; Reply: 66

Does getting back in the league dwarf income from games like this? I genuinely don't know.

One of the sobering aspects of us getting promoted back to the league last time was that we had won the right to play Stevenage away on a Tuesday night in February (or whatever). Hardly the big time.

£1million isn't it?   I think County will be out of the period of getting any parachute payments next season too.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, May 16, 2022, 3:24pm; Reply: 67

From Liverpool FC's

That is in reference to Liverpool selling away match tickets to Liverpool fans. When a club sells away tickets it is in effect acting as a ticket agent for the home club. LFC sell tickets to their fans on behalf of whoever they are playing. As such the home club has the right to know the details of the people who LFC have sold tickets to on their behalf.

Liverpool FC are a third party in the transaction. The customer is the fan buying the ticket & the home club are supplying the service (entry to the match).

As such GTFC should send NCFC the basic details of everyone who buys a ticket for the game from our ticket office.

There is no legal justification for any club to send their entire fan database to another club.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, May 16, 2022, 4:29pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

That's the family stand and you will stick out like a sore thumb in a stand of kids
One of the main problems imo is the chaos that your fans caused before and after the last game at Meadow Lane,the away stand holds 5000(ish) and when we played Coventry their allocation was 4500 so it might be on police advice rather than other conspiracy theories, personally I don't think that Notts nor Grimsby will be good enough to go up but looking forward to the game non the less

So the stand opposite the away stand then?

Posted by: Son of Cod, May 16, 2022, 4:44pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

Chaos? What chaos did we cause?
Posted by: HerveJosse, May 16, 2022, 5:02pm; Reply: 70

But elsewhere in their T and Cs you are "warranting and representing that you are a supporter of the club" if you buy a ticket for a home area and there is a right to cancel the ticket if you turn out to be an away fan.

Combining the two clauses Notts would simply say any check of the ticket holders presence on a GTFC database is to prevent the threat of violence and anti-social behaviour

You clearly believe we live in a police state. Any use of the clauses like this for specific purposes has to be proportionate you can’t link Aand B and assume anybody buying a ticket does so with the intent of causing violence and anti social behaviour
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 16, 2022, 5:03pm; Reply: 71
It’s all down to GDPR

General Data Protection Regulation requirements prohibit companies from hiding behind illegible terms and conditions that are difficult to understand. Instead, GDPR compliance requires companies to clearly define their data privacy policies and make them easily accessible.
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 16, 2022, 5:03pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from Son of Cod

Chaos? What chaos did we cause?

There was a report of the behaviour of Grimsby fans at the time online (The Times?) of drug use,drunkiness and the smashing up of a train on the way down to Nottingham plus tales of trouble from other Notts fans at the time
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 16, 2022, 5:10pm; Reply: 73

So the stand opposite the away stand then?

I would suggest that you don't travel at all if you don't have a ticket but if you do and you can sit on your hands when/if Grimsby score then the Pavis stand would be best (yes the one opposite the away stand)
It's unfortunate that a club supporters get tarnished with the same brush just because of a few idiots but that's the news that makes the headlines I suppose
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 16, 2022, 5:20pm; Reply: 74
‘IF’ we do get past county. Wrexham will give us approx 1200.
Their ground currently holds approx 11500 I believe.
With the home stands sold out that’s all we’ll take !!
But let’s get past the ‘if’ first.
UTM
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 16, 2022, 5:56pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
It’s all down to GDPR

General Data Protection Regulation requirements prohibit companies from hiding behind illegible terms and conditions that are difficult to understand. Instead, GDPR compliance requires companies to clearly define their data privacy policies and make them easily accessible.

As online purchases are in the form of e-tickets, what legitimate reason do Notts have to store my address?
Posted by: The Yard Dog, May 16, 2022, 5:58pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

There was a report of the behaviour of Grimsby fans at the time online (The Times?) of drug use,drunkiness and the smashing up of a train on the way down to Nottingham plus tales of trouble from other Notts fans at the time

How many people from the Grimsby area were arrested that day?  What about carnage that Leicester City caused recently, far worst than the Notts County v Grimsby game.

So I guess every Forest home game they is never a trouble from the fans, its just us malding fans from Grimsby because we have nothing better to do.  Every club has its fair share of idiots, when we are treated like animals, what do you expect, treat us with respect and dignity

Times journalist Lawton was in attendance for the East Midlands derby as Nottingham Forest hosted rivals Leicester City in the FA Cup on Sunday, February 6, and witnessed drugs being consumed, amongst other disturbances – including a Foxes supporter who was arrested for invading the pitch and attacking Forest players.

After speaking with the head of football policing, Mark Roberts, the football writer agreed to join police to shadow their operation during a number of games, to see for himself what they’re having to deal with on a weekly basis.

“They suggested two matches in Nottingham – Notts County vs Grimsby on the Saturday and Forest vs Leicester on the Sunday – they expected those games to be problematic[/b]. I spent the weekend on the frontline seeing for myself what they deal with,” he said on White and Jordan

“We started on the Saturday morning with the arrival of Grimsby fans at Nottingham station.

“We arrived and the first operation was called Operation Wolfgang with the sniffer dogs to see if these guys were turning up with Class-A drugs – and it proved to be the case.

They set up a checkpoint[b]
, the dogs were there, and what we found was that once they’d all gone through, and some of them were stopped as the dogs responded accordingly, was that they had dumped bags of cocaine on the platform. Once 400 of these guys had gone through, the train platform was littered with drugs. It was extraordinary.

And Lawton revealed his eye witness account of the scenes of ‘carnage’ before Sunday’s cup game as an organised group of Leicester hooligans descended on a pub where locals were enjoying their lunch.

“I didn’t realise the Baby Squad at Leicester still existed, this crew that has been written about in book about football hooliganism, it was founded in 1981, and the Forest Executive Crew, but at the police strategy meeting in the morning they were talking about those crews, known members and the fact they had intelligence they were planning to meet,” he said.

“The two teams hadn’t played since 2014 and they were planning to meet somewhere unspecified in the city centre.

Hooligan groups formed in the 1970s and 80s are still active across the country

“We started at the train station but were soon aware that once the first few trains had come in that they hadn’t come on the train. They’d probably come in another way, in minibuses.

“Suddenly they got the call, fighting had broken out outside this pub and when we turned up it was total carnage.

“There were people eating their Sunday lunch in this pub and Leicester City fans are throwing tables and chairs through the windows  – it was horrific.”

Lawton’s take away from his weekend spent on the police frontlines was that, unless everyone works together, football could be going back to what it used to be in the 1970s and 80s.

Do the old bill set up a check point in Carnary Wharf to see how many of the City bankers are high on drugs every morning, no just target the easy targets, its all their fault.

Posted by: Tinymariner, May 16, 2022, 5:59pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

And you believed them? Absolute gutter press. All teams have a small handful of people who act idiotically at football matches, the majority of us are hard working, professional, respectable people. UTM
Posted by: Abdul19, May 16, 2022, 6:03pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from diehardmariner

I'm going to call the person I'm speaking to duck and reference the chip cob I've just had. Easy!
Posted by: mimma, May 16, 2022, 6:10pm; Reply: 79
Chalky, the "trouble" that was reported was blown out of proportion by a film crew that turned up hoping to film Town fans rioting. There wasn't enough trouble for them to report so they tacked on trouble from Leicester fans in Nottingham the following day to make up their documentary. The report about the train was again blown out of proportion.  There was a lot of rubbish strewn about but no actual damage. The documentary was a classic example of the press sensationalism and over exaggeration. They came for a story and ended up having to make one up.
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 16, 2022, 6:14pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from Tinymariner

And you believed them? Absolute gutter press. All teams have a small handful of people who act idiotically at football matches, the majority of us are hard working, professional, respectable people. UTM

I did say in post 73 that it's unfortunate that genuine supporters get tarnished with the same brush as the club's idiots
Posted by: HerveJosse, May 16, 2022, 6:15pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from Abdul19

I'm going to call the person I'm speaking to duck and reference the chip cob I've just had. Easy!

Miduck would be even better
Posted by: HerveJosse, May 16, 2022, 6:20pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from HerveJosse

Miduck would be even better

Also two weeks to learn to speak Welsh.
Posted by: 137 (Guest), May 16, 2022, 6:47pm; Reply: 83

The internet is a legal quagmire where sensible folk don't venture.

Any lawyer (honest or otherwise) could challenge Notts County to explain why someone handing over their hard-earned cash to attend a football match at their
home ground is not 'supporting the club'.

So you try to redefine 'supporter' in a different way and... etc. etc... it becomes a lawyers playground.
(e.g.) Should a 'supporter' be defined as a person who has repeatedly handed over their hard-earned cash to attend a football match at the club's home ground, then no
first-time attender could be classed as a supporter, and would be denied a ticket in their home end. Over time, this would ensure the home end is completely empty.

Another point - the most evil Home Secretary in living memory (Priti Patel) - has granted the police the power to stop & search anyone (without needing a reason) in
situations where there is a likelihood of violence.
Thus, if the reason for accessing the GTFC database is as given in the post, the police will have carte-blanche to search any Town fan.
Like Stevenage, but legally unchallengeable.

We may not live in a police state yet, but we're heading there rapidly i.m.o. barring a change of Government.

Personally, I take the view that Notts finished 5 points ahead of us at the end of the season -  so we're kind of lucky to have the chance to take a promotion spot
instead of them. So I just hope for the result we all want.

Posted by: Son of Cod, May 16, 2022, 7:17pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

Did you go to the match? If yes, did you see any trouble that was out of the ordinary?
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, May 16, 2022, 7:30pm; Reply: 85
Quoted from HerveJosse

You clearly believe we live in a police state. Any use of the clauses like this for specific purposes has to be proportionate you can’t link Aand B and assume anybody buying a ticket does so with the intent of causing violence and anti social behaviour

Getting close to one with the Police Bill...up to 10 years for a noisy protest.

There are instances of people having their e-tickets cancelled after database cross checks. I'd probably be ok with a Leicestershire address, but Notts might decide to do some random checks on "new fans". Anyway I'm sorted for tickets...

Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 16, 2022, 7:57pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from Son of Cod

Did you go to the match? If yes, did you see any trouble that was out of the ordinary?

Yes I was at the game and enjoyed the noisy atmosphere of the Grimsby fans but I can't say that I witnessed anything outside the ground as I usually park in the car park opposite and go straight into the ground,my comment was made on the Times report and hearsay,I've given the report another look on YouTube and tbf Grimsby fans didn't come over as any worst than any other clubs fans on a big game
Posted by: vinno69, May 16, 2022, 9:30pm; Reply: 87
Mine in the bag, but do live in Notts these days :)
Posted by: Son of Cod, May 16, 2022, 9:35pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

Yes I was at the game and enjoyed the noisy atmosphere of the Grimsby fans but I can't say that I witnessed anything outside the ground as I usually park in the car park opposite and go straight into the ground,my comment was made on the Times report and hearsay,I've given the report another look on YouTube and tbf Grimsby fans didn't come over as any worst than any other clubs fans on a big game

Well then with all due respect, you're part of the problem here. You've been to the game and didn't see any trouble, but have then gone and said that we caused chaos based off an article. If people who have first hand experience of that day are being suckered in by it then what hope do we have. It's annoying that we've not got a bigger allocation but I personally don't have a problem with Notts only giving us 2000 to give themselves a home advantage but if the slander in that article has contributed to any decision it's an absolute pisstake. We've been shat on by police forces and safety advisory groups a lot over recent seasons and this season has been no exception, so it's kind of a sore point among Town fans and it's frustrating to read fans of other clubs being taken in by a media agenda being fuelled by sensationalism.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 16, 2022, 9:56pm; Reply: 89
Quoted from 137

The internet is a legal quagmire where sensible folk don't venture.

Any lawyer (honest or otherwise) could challenge Notts County to explain why someone handing over their hard-earned cash to attend a football match at their
home ground is not 'supporting the club'.

So you try to redefine 'supporter' in a different way and... etc. etc... it becomes a lawyers playground.
(e.g.) Should a 'supporter' be defined as a person who has repeatedly handed over their hard-earned cash to attend a football match at the club's home ground, then no
first-time attender could be classed as a supporter, and would be denied a ticket in their home end. Over time, this would ensure the home end is completely empty.

Another point - the most evil Home Secretary in living memory (Priti Patel) - has granted the police the power to stop & search anyone (without needing a reason) in
situations where there is a likelihood of violence.
Thus, if the reason for accessing the GTFC database is as given in the post, the police will have carte-blanche to search any Town fan.
Like Stevenage, but legally unchallengeable.

We may not live in a police state yet, but we're heading there rapidly i.m.o. barring a change of Government.

Personally, I take the view that Notts finished 5 points ahead of us at the end of the season -  so we're kind of lucky to have the chance to take a promotion spot
instead of them. So I just hope for the result we all want.

Haven't football clubs had the right to search football fans going into a ground for years now?
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 16, 2022, 10:05pm; Reply: 90
I can see your point of view Son of God but I was only being honest in what I thought was true,unless it kicked off at the turnstiles that I go through then I wouldn't have witnessed it anyway and there was stories at the time of trouble around the ground afterwards plus stuff was posted on a Notts forum that backed it up,anyway I dont want to ruffle any feathers with you but why has the police shat on Grimsby fans in the past?
Posted by: mimma, May 16, 2022, 10:07pm; Reply: 91
No! Police are the only ones that can legally search you. Then there are suppose to be rules that have to be strictly followed. Females can only be searched by female police officers, and then if it involves intimate searches they have to take you to the nearest police station to do it.

Security guards can request to search you, if you are going into a public venue for example, and they can refuse you entry if you refuse, but they have no legal right.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, May 16, 2022, 10:09pm; Reply: 92
Quoted from vinno69

Like I said they will be pockets of town in alll areas of the ground, how many is the question.
Posted by: aldi_01, May 16, 2022, 10:30pm; Reply: 93
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Like I said they will be pockets of town in alll areas of the ground, how many is the question.

About 500 tops.

All the alleged issues last time were all blown out of proportion, even from town fans.

Was working with a kid today, he’s buzzing we’ve got to the playoffs and proper excited. Was great to see young kids excited about the club…
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, May 16, 2022, 10:35pm; Reply: 94
Quoted from vinno69

;)

Posted by: GYinScuntland, May 17, 2022, 1:26am; Reply: 95
Quoted from ncfc_chalky
I can see your point of view Son of God but I was only being honest in what I thought was true,unless it kicked off at the turnstiles that I go through then I wouldn't have witnessed it anyway and there was stories at the time of trouble around the ground afterwards plus stuff was posted on a Notts forum that backed it up,anyway I dont want to ruffle any feathers with you but why has the police shat on Grimsby fans in the past?

Stories, hear say and Chinese whispers.
Well done fella, why you're still allowed on this forum I'll never know you excrement stirrer.
Posted by: mimma, May 17, 2022, 1:39am; Reply: 96
Chalky, the problem with Town fans and Notts police were when we played at Forest. The police were very aggressive toward Town fans, but did nothing to stop Forest fans from pelting them with missiles all game. I seem to remember some fans complaining to the police over it, but nothing came of it.
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 17, 2022, 7:33am; Reply: 97
Quoted from mimma
Chalky, the problem with Town fans and Notts police were when we played at Forest. The police were very aggressive toward Town fans, but did nothing to stop Forest fans from pelting them with missiles all game. I seem to remember some fans complaining to the police over it, but nothing came of it.

In my experience police forces in general seem to have it in for the away fans but I see your grievance now so thanks for the reply,there was a larger police presence than normal the last time that you played us, usually there's just a few scattered around the ground so they must have been expecting trouble,I'm sure that it's the same when you and Lincoln for example meet up
Posted by: ncfc_chalky, May 17, 2022, 7:40am; Reply: 98
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Stories, hear say and Chinese whispers.
Well done fella, why you're still allowed on this forum I'll never know you excrement stirrer.

You're going to have to put down better bait than that before I bite I'm afraid but a nice try though
Posted by: It Bites, May 17, 2022, 8:10am; Reply: 99
Just go to the game . Behave yourself, enjoy yourself .... Simples
Posted by: Hagrid, May 17, 2022, 9:26am; Reply: 100
hows the queue at the ground for tickets?
Posted by: ska face, May 17, 2022, 9:38am; Reply: 101
Quoted from Hagrid
hows the queue at the ground for tickets?

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidBu67718114/status/1526480545508728832
Posted by: heppy88, May 17, 2022, 9:47am; Reply: 102
Queuing down towards McDonald’s and the ticket office has been open for 20 minutes.
Posted by: heppy88, May 17, 2022, 9:48am; Reply: 103
Some people have up to 20 season tickets on them !!
Posted by: Hagrid, May 17, 2022, 9:53am; Reply: 104
Quoted from ska face

shite :(
Posted by: Son of Cod, May 17, 2022, 9:56am; Reply: 105
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

The biggest grievance this season has been the massively restricted allocation for Halifax away, which was supposed to be our Boxing Day match and a place we've taken loads to before, they capped it at 1200 (might have been 1500) when we were probably looking at a following of 2500+. No explanation from the police or Halifax or safety advisory group other than "we had a meeting and decided this". I e-mailed the relevant people at the local authority involved in the advisory group and they offered no explanation beyond that. We've had numerous kickoff times moved on police advice, which is fair enough when it's Scunny or Lincoln but we're talking games against the likes of Chesterfield, Mansfield, Halifax and Doncaster here who we don't have massive rivalries with. There was a classic case a few years back in which Derbyshire Police Tweeted to say that Grimsby fans had smashed a pub up in Chesterfield and our supporter's liaison officer asked the landlord of the pub about it and was informed that nobody there had smashed anything up. This is before we're even getting onto stewards too, we've been treated like absolute scum by plenty of clubs' stewards over the years - Stevenage probably being the worst who saw fit to get female Town fans to show their bras on the way into matches. This was basically denied by Stevenage FC as well after an investigation, despite plenty of Town fans (myself included) seeing it happen. I'm sure if we had a definitive list of unrest at Town matches, we're by no means not guilty but I'd be very confident in suggesting that a lot of the troubles are incited by poor policing/stewarding. One final thing going back to that Times article/video too, something it fails to highlight/mention was that the there were supposed be additional trains running to Nottingham that day to deal with the amount of people...didn't happen. I think I read there was one additional carriage on one service after they'd said there'd be multiple additional trains over the course of the morning.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, May 17, 2022, 9:56am; Reply: 106
How come they are selling at the ticket office now, but online doesn’t open until 10am?
Posted by: Chrisblor, May 17, 2022, 10:01am; Reply: 107
Is the website copulated for anyone else and telling them "Booking for this event is currently restricted to members. Your account does not have the appropriate ticket sales associated with it." ?
Posted by: brigg_mariner, May 17, 2022, 10:01am; Reply: 108
Quoted from Chrisblor
Is the website copulated for anyone else and telling them "Booking for this event is currently restricted to members. Your account does not have the appropriate ticket sales associated with it." ?

Same for me
Posted by: quebec38, May 17, 2022, 10:02am; Reply: 109
Quoted from Chrisblor

Yep. Is this because in tickets, season tickets have expired so are no longer listed as current?? Hopefully it gets sorted ASAP.
Posted by: Chrisblor, May 17, 2022, 10:03am; Reply: 110
VERY ANNOYED ABOUT THIS since i'm busy as intercourse today and managed to carve out a little 10 minute window to refresh the ticket office website and will need to urine off back to work imminently and probably before they fix the problem
Posted by: thornemariner, May 17, 2022, 10:06am; Reply: 111
Quoted from quebec38

Yep. Is this because in tickets, season tickets have expired so are no longer listed as current?? Hopefully it gets sorted ASAP.

I had a horrible feeling something like this may happen. I'm blocked as well.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, May 17, 2022, 10:13am; Reply: 112
I'm f@cking steaming!..how can the club have dropped such a major bolloc?....they've had time to realise the issues with the expiry of season tickets, surely to Christ in 2022 somebody must've known that!..noway can I get over, work, location ect...so every chance, unless the online problem is sorted I won't get a ticket!.
Posted by: brigg_mariner, May 17, 2022, 10:14am; Reply: 113
Working now
Posted by: Chrisblor, May 17, 2022, 10:14am; Reply: 114
Got to the end of a queue and the website has just stopped loading for me now ffs
Posted by: shaun the sheep, May 17, 2022, 10:15am; Reply: 115
Working for me too. Ticket ordered and have confirmation receipt.
Posted by: quebec38, May 17, 2022, 10:17am; Reply: 116
Quoted from Chrisblor
Got to the end of a queue and the website has just stopped loading for me now ffs

Same. Loading bar just flashes at the end of the countdown for me.
Posted by: heppy88, May 17, 2022, 10:20am; Reply: 117
Still Queuing down Constitutional Avenue.
Posted by: quebec38, May 17, 2022, 10:28am; Reply: 118
For anyone struggling online - I couldn’t get through using chrome but moved to safari and got a ticket fine. Hope you are all successful - see you there!
Posted by: Chrisblor, May 17, 2022, 10:29am; Reply: 119
VICTORY! back to work!
Posted by: Croxton, May 17, 2022, 10:32am; Reply: 120
Quoted from quebec38

Same. Loading bar just flashes at the end of the countdown for me.

Same here. After countdown to zero what's next? Don't think they are taking telephone calls at all?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 17, 2022, 10:38am; Reply: 121
Now saying event no longer available.  Not on Ticket page now.
Posted by: Maringer, May 17, 2022, 10:39am; Reply: 122
I've managed to login to the site using Edge (instead of Firefox which was just spinning away). After adding the ticket to the basket, and clicking on the link "Please proceed to the Checkout, to purchase the tickets you have selected.", I've now got the following error message:

"Error Message
Event 'Notts County (Play Off Eliminator)' is no longer available"
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, May 17, 2022, 10:40am; Reply: 123
Patience is needed, took 15 minutes from start to finish, don't refresh, just sit and wait, for as frustrating as that is...can't see any tickets being left by midday today!..
Posted by: Croxton, May 17, 2022, 10:44am; Reply: 124
No longer on ticket platform.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 17, 2022, 10:44am; Reply: 125
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Patience is needed, took 15 minutes from start to finish, don't refresh, just sit and wait, for as frustrating as that is...can't see any tickets being left by midday today!..

It is not on ticket page now.  So patience is not an option now!

Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 17, 2022, 10:48am; Reply: 126
Would be nice if there was an online platform (Twitter would be a good name) where the club could keep us informed live of the problem.  
Posted by: Son of Cod, May 17, 2022, 10:48am; Reply: 127
Sounds like an absolute balls up online. Exiles getting screwed here. Almost makes me glad I don't have a ST, I'd be fuming right now.
Posted by: Croxton, May 17, 2022, 10:53am; Reply: 128
Are they still queueing?
Posted by: immariner, May 17, 2022, 10:54am; Reply: 129
I'm not really sure I understand why we're doing in-person sales for what is an e-ticket event except "that's the way we've always done it'. Online-only would give every seaeon ticket holder (exile and local) the same (apparently frustrating) chance and would mean they could devote their time to the online platform instead of all hands to the pump in the ticket office and providing no updates or guidance for those trying to get one online. 2022 eh.
Posted by: Hagrid, May 17, 2022, 10:55am; Reply: 130
Quoted from Son of Cod
Sounds like an absolute balls up online. Exiles getting screwed here. Almost makes me glad I don't have a ST, I'd be fuming right now.

well me old mans been in the queue since 9.30 and he hasnt been served yet still on cons ave so im equally as fuming

Posted by: Son of Cod, May 17, 2022, 10:58am; Reply: 131
Quoted from Hagrid

well me old mans been in the queue since 9.30 and he hasnt been served yet still on cons ave so im equally as fuming

You'll be absolutely fine if the online ordering stays down!
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 17, 2022, 11:02am; Reply: 132
Quoted Text
Due to the incredible demand on our ticketing system, both online and in the ticket office we are experiencing difficulties which we are working hard to resolve.

Thank you for your patience and continued support! #GTFC
10:57 AM · May 17, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Finally something on Twitter.
Posted by: HerveJosse, May 17, 2022, 11:04am; Reply: 133
I am in the queue which has been moving very slowly all morning . Debbie been out and said queue is slow because online demand is so great ticket system takes ages to process ticket for people in queue. Debbie says taken steps to address that and queue is now moving . I assume that means they have shut down on line sales. Thought this sort of thing would happen that is why I have queued for 2 hours even though I could have bought online
Posted by: Maringer, May 17, 2022, 11:05am; Reply: 134
I'd guess that they've withdrawn them from online sales after counting the number of people waiting at the ground. Better to pish off people who aren't actually there.

Not great, but we always knew they would sell out quickly.
Posted by: Tinymariner, May 17, 2022, 11:13am; Reply: 135
To be fair, I would be furious if I queued outside the ground, only to be told that they sold out online. I'm sure people will complain regardless of how they've done it, 'there's always a better way'!  ;)
Posted by: ska face, May 17, 2022, 11:16am; Reply: 136
Quoted from Tinymariner
To be fair, I would be furious if I queued outside the ground, only to be told that they sold out online. I'm sure people will complain regardless of how they've done it, 'there's always a better way'!  ;)

I’d be furious if I lived outside of NE Lincs, bought a ST, travelled to BP every fortnight only to be told “well bóllocks mate, we’re stopping online sales to prioritise this bloke who lives down Blundell Ave over you”.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 17, 2022, 11:17am; Reply: 137
If we have more season ticket holders than tickets available there should be a ballot. If you wanted a ticket you could register by a certain time, then if there were less than tickets available everyone gets one, if more people want tickets then there should be a ballot.

Or you could just have free for all....................what could go wrong?
Posted by: Tinymariner, May 17, 2022, 11:20am; Reply: 138
Quoted from ska face

I’d be furious if I lived outside of NE Lincs, bought a ST, travelled to BP every fortnight only to be told “well bóllocks mate, we’re stopping online sales to prioritise this bloke who lives down Blundell Ave over you”.

I live in Blackburn mate so my only way is online and I have a ST and attend most matches if I'm not working. You can never please all the people, unfortunately, and I am not pleased but hopefully one of my family may have been successful and got me one.
Posted by: Poojah, May 17, 2022, 11:21am; Reply: 139
Quoted from Tinymariner

Notts County giving us the requisite amount of tickets would have been the best way. People left empty handed outside the ticket office while others slam their heads against their keyboards in frustration when there will be thousands of empty seats in the away stand doesn’t sit well with me, regardless of any supposed narrative behind it.
Posted by: Son of Cod, May 17, 2022, 11:21am; Reply: 140
Quoted from Tinymariner

Yeah, that's a fair point. Exiles are gonna be pro-online and people back home are more likely to queue up. There needs to be a better system than this though, perhaps somehow initially having a pot of 1000 tickets for online and a pot of 1000 for sales at the ground or something is possible? The fact that online sales are seemingly slowing down sales in the office to the point whereby they've had to abandon online sales for our biggest match of the season is a joke. Especially after the big roll out of the new online club shop. Get the ticket system sorted out in the weeks running up to the playoffs, not the club shop.
Posted by: immariner, May 17, 2022, 11:22am; Reply: 141
Quoted from Tinymariner

Yeah, online-only, assigning sufficient effing bandwidth to the likely demand
Posted by: HerveJosse, May 17, 2022, 11:24am; Reply: 142
After some movement queue seems to have gone back to previous speed . Moved 50 yards to in 2 hours
Posted by: immariner, May 17, 2022, 11:26am; Reply: 143
Quoted from Tinymariner

I don't blame people for queueing up, i'd have probably done the same if I was a local ST holder. Shouldn't have had the option though. Lincoln do online-only sales for away tickets and it works for them, fair chance for everybody
Posted by: Hagrid, May 17, 2022, 11:30am; Reply: 144
my brother is disabled and dads his carer, we've no option but to queue up and all ST holders
I can accept me not getting a ticket, but i'll be gutted for me brother
Posted by: Zmariner, May 17, 2022, 11:39am; Reply: 145
Quoted from Hagrid
my brother is disabled and dads his carer, we've no option but to queue up and all ST holders

Season ticket holder and cannot make it. You can use my season ticket if any use
Posted by: HerveJosse, May 17, 2022, 11:43am; Reply: 146
The problem is not the number of people who have queued I would estimate 3-400 in total all morning but that it’s moving at a snails pace. I can understand those trying to buy online being upset but I can assure there are not many happy people n the queue either
Posted by: immariner, May 17, 2022, 11:44am; Reply: 147
Quoted from Hagrid

Not when you can link tickets online and buy them all together
Posted by: Croxton, May 17, 2022, 11:47am; Reply: 148
Wrexham selling semifinal tickets from 5.00pm Friday, online only. No queues in Hollywood!
Posted by: immariner, May 17, 2022, 11:50am; Reply: 149
Quoted from Croxton
Wrexham selling semifinal tickets from 5.00pm Friday, online only. No queues in Hollywood!

These fancy Dans with their ideas from the future *shakes fist*
Posted by: Poojah, May 17, 2022, 11:55am; Reply: 150
Quoted from Hagrid

Yet another reminder why suppressing the away allocation is a massive cúnt’s trick.
Posted by: vernontown, May 17, 2022, 12:04pm; Reply: 151
Amazed no one seems to have pointed out that even if you are local, most people that work can't turn up during the day to buy a ticket.

As for those of us who travel hundreds of miles to attend every home game, well if they have deliberately stopped us buying tickets then it's shameful and hardly in keeping with the clubs new 'values'!
Posted by: Son of Cod, May 17, 2022, 12:07pm; Reply: 152
Not seen the Tweet myself, but a Notts fan I know has said he's seen a Tweet suggesting that the 2000 ticket decision was made the police/safety advisory group and not Notts.
Posted by: HerveJosse, May 17, 2022, 12:23pm; Reply: 153
Just got served estimate about 100 still in queue which at current rate likely to take hour plus to clear
Posted by: moosey_club, May 17, 2022, 12:28pm; Reply: 154
Shambles this.  Queueing round into Cons Ave and not available on line....so the queue is only going to get bigger .

Fenty out!!
Posted by: headingly_mariner, May 17, 2022, 12:57pm; Reply: 155
I had a panic when the website wasn’t working but managed to get some before they got taken down.

Don’t know if there have been problems with the system both online and in person.

To be fair it didn’t work very well ordering for the last notts county game and the chesterfield game.
Posted by: toontown, May 17, 2022, 1:04pm; Reply: 156
Quoted from Poojah

Notts County giving us the requisite amount of tickets would have been the best way. People left empty handed outside the ticket office while others slam their heads against their keyboards in frustration when there will be thousands of empty seats in the away stand doesn’t sit well with me, regardless of any supposed narrative behind it.

At the very least the rules should be the same for these one off play off games as they are for the FA Cup (also usually a one off game) with a minimum 15% allocation  for away fans. Thats only fair and reasonable. They get the equivalent of the home draw in  cup game by finishing higher but we get what is considered fair in a one off cup game. That would be 3000.

On the context of this game an extra thousand tickets still wouldn't have met all the demand but would have ensured every season ticket holder who wanted one could have got one. And I say this as a non season ticket holder.
Posted by: mimma, May 17, 2022, 1:09pm; Reply: 157
What will be annoying is the stand will be half empty on the night, while our fans are trying desperately to get their hands on a ticket
Posted by: Sconeboy, May 17, 2022, 1:11pm; Reply: 158
Back on now.
Posted by: Croxton, May 17, 2022, 1:33pm; Reply: 159
Quoted from Sconeboy
Back on now.

Thanks, and worked fine.
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 17, 2022, 1:36pm; Reply: 160
Would be interesting to see what would happen if hundreds of fans who couldn't get a ticket turned up on the night.

What would Notts plod rather do, have hundreds of drunk off Town fans wandering around Nottingham or let them into the ground (where they will obviously be plenty of room) where they know where they are and can keep an eye on them.
Posted by: immariner, May 17, 2022, 1:39pm; Reply: 161
Quoted from mimma
What will be annoying is the stand will be half empty on the night, while our fans are trying desperately to get their hands on a ticket

Less than that mate. 2000 in a stand that holds 5700, restricted to 4400. They've also stopped taking new online registrations. So potentially putting off some genuine Notts fans, potential new supporters and the casual neutral. Genuine football supporters missing out on watching live division 5 football in a ground not even 2/3rds full and for what? A hack article?

Posted by: immariner, May 17, 2022, 1:41pm; Reply: 162
Quoted from Les Brechin
Would be interesting to see what would happen if hundreds of fans who couldn't get a ticket turned up on the night.

What would Notts plod rather do, have hundreds of drunk off Town fans wandering around Nottingham or let them into the ground (where they will obviously be plenty of room) where they know where they are and can keep an eye on them.

It's an interesting thought Les. Will be able to find a city centre pub if you can't get in
Posted by: It Bites, May 17, 2022, 1:52pm; Reply: 163
You can blame simpletons for this .
Posted by: immariner, May 17, 2022, 1:54pm; Reply: 164
Quoted from It Bites
You can blame simpletons for this .

🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣
Posted by: GollyGTFC, May 17, 2022, 2:01pm; Reply: 165
My dad (GranthamMariner) went on at 10am to buy tickets. He finally got them at 13:20. He could have driven to BP and back in that time. It’s been a shambles, but at least it appears to be sorted now.

Hopefully the club will learn from their disastrous handling of today and if we beat Notts County the sale of even fewer tickets for Wrexham away will go better.

NB. The away section at Wrexham holds just over 1,200.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 17, 2022, 2:03pm; Reply: 166
Looks like it will be sorted now, but just 2,000 tickets mean that some will be disappointed. If season ticket holders don't buy them all it will be chaos when they go on sale to members/stub holders. The club must do something as a free for all with online and ticket office sales simultaneously will be horrendous compared to today's fiasco.

While we are talking planning........When we beat Notts we will only be given around 1,200 tickets for Wrexham. They are already selling tickets for every block except the 6 blocks they give to away fans.  There has to be a ballot for these tickets.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 17, 2022, 2:14pm; Reply: 167
Quoted from GollyGTFC
My dad (GranthamMariner) went on at 10am to buy tickets. He finally got them at 13:20. He could have driven to BP and back in that time. It’s been a shambles, but at least it appears to be sorted now.

Hopefully the club will learn from their disastrous handling of today and if WHEN we beat Notts County the sale of even fewer tickets for Wrexham away will go better.

NB. The away section at Wrexham holds just over 1,200.

Corrected for you......

Posted by: mimma, May 17, 2022, 2:27pm; Reply: 168
When demand exceeds supply there will always be problems. I don't think that there is a system out there that can satisfy everybody. There will always be fans that miss out and end up disappointed, it's the nature of the beast I'm afraid.
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 17, 2022, 2:29pm; Reply: 169
Yeah, it'll be 1200 max from Wrexham. That's going to be real fun getting a ticket for that one if we do win on Monday!
Posted by: aldi_01, May 17, 2022, 2:37pm; Reply: 170
Mine are showing as purchased in my account in the online ticket portal but haven’t had my email yet…

I don’t think any situation or system would’ve helped but I also understand that things could probably have been smoother. If I’m honest they probably should’ve sold solely online, I know folk would moan but it probably makes things easier becauee you’ve no idea show many are queuing up so you don’t know how many to sell over the counter.

I remember queuing for a gig a few years ago and they limited it to 1000 over the counter sales. Lotwrelly wen drown the queue handing raffle tickets, once they’d handed enough out to cover the thousand they stopped folk queueing.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 17, 2022, 2:58pm; Reply: 171
Quoted from aldi_01

I remember queuing for a gig a few years ago and they limited it to 1000 over the counter sales. Lotwrelly wen drown the queue handing raffle tickets, once they’d handed enough out to cover the thousand they stopped folk queueing.

Are you practising Welsh to get in the home end at the Racecourse next weekend?
Posted by: MaccasBoots, May 17, 2022, 3:05pm; Reply: 172
Tickets sold out. Real shame that so many fans won't get to attend.
Posted by: Davec, May 17, 2022, 3:39pm; Reply: 173
I know of atleast 2 people who managed to get a ticket in the queue today when they are not a season ticket holder.

I appreciate that with the queue being so large it may be impossible to check everybody is a season ticket holder when purchasing a ticket especially as they are under pressure to keep the queue moving but if I was a season ticket holder who missed out because of that I would not be happy!

Hopefully they were the only two who slipped through the net
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 17, 2022, 3:45pm; Reply: 174
So does this mean they won’t be going on general sale then ??
Posted by: MaccasBoots, May 17, 2022, 3:46pm; Reply: 175
Quoted from Civvy at last
So does this mean they won’t be going on general sale then ??

Correct
Posted by: Sconeboy, May 17, 2022, 3:58pm; Reply: 176
Facebook already littered with blatantly obvious scam accounts with ‘tickets for sale’, which unfortunately people will fall for.

So needless  :(
Posted by: The Yard Dog, May 17, 2022, 4:39pm; Reply: 177
Quoted from Les Brechin

Thats if they get passed the check points
Posted by: Gaffer58, May 17, 2022, 5:09pm; Reply: 178
Silly old me, I thought once Mr Fenty had gone and we were being run by professionals everything in the garden would be rosy.
Posted by: HerveJosse, May 17, 2022, 5:15pm; Reply: 179
Having queued all morning and observed what went on and listened to Debbie’s explainstion there are two entirely seperate issues..
1 Club needs to decide what’s a fair way to allocate between those who queue and those online. Running both in parallel makes it a lottery and  resulted in neither working because the ticketing system couldn’t cope and online had to be switched off for 3 hours so the queue could be moved.
2 There are clearly issues with the system itself whatever basis of allocation is selected. At the he end of the day after waiting for  3 hours all that we got is a preprinted cardboard ticket sent in advance  from Nottingham and taken from a pile behind the counter if you flashed a season ticket card .In the bad old days before on line sales and few season ticket holders several thousand tickets would be sold from the ticket office between 2.15 and 3 .00 pm on match days .Today it took 4 hours to sell probably a thousand to the queue.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 17, 2022, 5:40pm; Reply: 180
Well no idea......tried ringing, phone line was down, tried on line...it was down.....went to the office about 11:30 and it was queued round into Cons Ave, ....went back about 2p.m no queue...but no tickets available.
Staff didn't seem sure if they had sold out or not but we're keeping a reserve list so details left.

Always going to be difficult given the allocation  vs no. of season ticket holders  but club has to come up with something better than it has today for dealing with such situations/games

Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 17, 2022, 5:41pm; Reply: 181
Absolutely appalled (but not surprised) that season tickets were being passed around/sold to the highest bidder. No checks therefore genuine ST holders who had to shop online haven’t got a ticket. Desperately unfair.
Posted by: aldi_01, May 17, 2022, 5:48pm; Reply: 182
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Absolutely appalled (but not surprised) that season tickets were being passed around/sold to the highest bidder. No checks therefore genuine ST holders who had to shop online haven’t got a ticket. Desperately unfair.

And these sorts of intercourse ups are why folk have been moved out the club since the new owners have come in. They’ll be equally as annoyed about the fiasco today and I’d hope they’ll try and work with the fans and trust to find a compromised solution.

Today was a monumental intercourse up. My own view is face to face sales caused half the issues. You do one or the other and in 2022 I’d expect online only on these situations.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, May 17, 2022, 5:58pm; Reply: 183
It should have been online sales only. No ifs. No buts. That would have stopped STH being able to distribute their worthless ST cards to non-STHs.

We got our tickets, but the complete disregard for exiles is appalling.

The owners bang on about transparency, so they should be transparent and admit that today was an absolute shambles of the clubs making, explain what went wrong and what they plan to do to avoid a repeat and apologise.
Posted by: LH, May 17, 2022, 6:10pm; Reply: 184
When sorting ST renewals this time they should ask if you’re able to use the online ticketing portal to sort away or cup tickets. That way they can find out exactly how many they should keep to one side for over the counter sales to eliminate the need for queues.

Either that or have a pre registration to see how many season ticket holders will actually want a ticket for the games.
Posted by: out of town, May 17, 2022, 6:21pm; Reply: 185
Apparently Halifax have given Chesterfield 2800 tickets
Posted by: Son of Cod, May 17, 2022, 6:30pm; Reply: 186
Quoted from out of town
Apparently Halifax have given Chesterfield 2800 tickets

Haha yeah I saw that was rumoured to be the amount they were getting. The people who made the decision on our Boxing Day allocation must be on their summer holidays already. If people are arguing that we make our own bed with fans' behaviour being the driving force behind us being restricted then how can you justify giving Chesterfield 1500 more tickets that we were given - they're no better behaved than we are.
Posted by: aldi_01, May 17, 2022, 6:31pm; Reply: 187
Quoted from LH
When sorting ST renewals this time they should ask if you’re able to use the online ticketing portal to sort away or cup tickets. That way they can find out exactly how many they should keep to one side for over the counter sales to eliminate the need for queues.

Either that or have a pre registration to see how many season ticket holders will actually want a ticket for the games.

I wouldn’t even do that, I’d just say your ST needs registering; perhaps offer a service to do it for people but things like this should be online only.

I don’t really care that a few folk want to go in person, they all managed to get a ticket for the final when it was online only. If the club is ambitious, and fans are then these things need to happen and quick.

I’m sure Liverpool have plenty of ‘older’ fans that would prefer buying tickets in person but it doesn’t happen, but I’m sure they’ll all get to the European cup final.

I collected my tickets at about 4, the ticket office looked like bombsite…they had to ‘look’ for my tickets. If it had been online only they could’ve just organised the collections and it would’ve been plain sailing…
Posted by: immariner, May 17, 2022, 6:59pm; Reply: 188
Online-only and ballots where demand far outstrips supply is the only way to do it going forward. That way it's fair for both locals and exiles, cuts out heaps of hassle for rhe club and supporters alike, and the only reasonable cause for  frustration is with lady luck herself if you hsppen to miss out
Posted by: HerveJosse, May 17, 2022, 7:19pm; Reply: 189
Quoted from aldi_01

And these sorts of intercourse ups are why folk have been moved out the club since the new owners have come in. They’ll be equally as annoyed about the fiasco today and I’d hope they’ll try and work with the fans and trust to find a compromised solution.

Today was a monumental intercourse up. My own view is face to face sales caused half the issues. You do one or the other and in 2022 I’d expect online only on these situations.

Doubt it they are steering well clear of day to day operational matters . It will all be dismissed as Notts County’s fault what can we do when we don’t get enough tickets . Dispensing orange juice and saying we are trying our best ain’t the answer .All tickets sold tommorrow  is another day
Posted by: lukeo, May 17, 2022, 7:19pm; Reply: 190
If we're not careful we'll have more pages on this thread than tickets!
Posted by: newarkmariner, May 17, 2022, 7:56pm; Reply: 191
i was lucky enough to log on at 10am and get a ticket,really feel for those who have missed out,however if anyone needs a notts postcode for the home stands, i have access to 3,just pm me.UTFM
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 17, 2022, 8:01pm; Reply: 192
[quote=284]

I don’t really care that a few folk want to go in person, quote]

Wow. What a comment.

Although I believe it should all be online. I sympathise with those who would rather go in person.
Maybe I’m just an old duffer with respect for others. After all. ATAW ??
UTM
Posted by: ginnywings, May 17, 2022, 8:04pm; Reply: 193
I know of two non STH's who got tickets today. There will be plenty more no doubt.

The whole process was a shambles and it was so avoidable.
Posted by: Davec, May 17, 2022, 8:10pm; Reply: 194
Quoted from ginnywings
I know of two non STH's who got tickets today. There will be plenty more no doubt.

The whole process was a shambles and it was so avoidable.

I know of atleast 2 without season tickets but they queued and got their hands on tickets.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, May 17, 2022, 8:23pm; Reply: 195
Guess the number of town fans in the home end.
Posted by: aldi_01, May 17, 2022, 8:29pm; Reply: 196
Quoted from Civvy at last
[quote=284]

I don’t really care that a few folk want to go in person, quote]

Wow. What a comment.

Although I believe it should all be online. I sympathise with those who would rather go in person.
Maybe I’m just an old duffer with respect for others. After all. ATAW ??
UTM

But it’s true, as respectful as I am, had all the tickets been online this morning it would’ve been simpler, especially fir those unable to queue or indeed those exiled mariners.

It’s 2022, sadly, the times of queueing old school should probably be a thing of the past…as I said earlier, they all moaned in the last final when it was online only, all got one though…

The issue today is the unknown, a large queue but equally a large queue containing some folk with one ST, some folk with a handful, thus creating a problem…
Posted by: Madeleymariner, May 17, 2022, 8:41pm; Reply: 197
Quoted from aldi_01

I wouldn’t even do that, I’d just say your ST needs registering; perhaps offer a service to do it for people but things like this should be online only.

I don’t really care that a few folk want to go in person, they all managed to get a ticket for the final when it was online only
. If the club is ambitious, and fans are then these things need to happen and quick.

I’m sure Liverpool have plenty of ‘older’ fans that would prefer buying tickets in person but it doesn’t happen, but I’m sure they’ll all get to the European cup final.

I collected my tickets at about 4, the ticket office looked like bombsite…they had to ‘look’ for my tickets. If it had been online only they could’ve just organised the collections and it would’ve been plain sailing…

Im surprised at that Aldi, always had you down as a people should have freedom, down with the establishment making decisions for us, big brother is watching you etc. and there you are saying everyone needs to go online where the spooks can get your details anytime they want, shame on you.  :P
Posted by: aldi_01, May 17, 2022, 8:48pm; Reply: 198
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Im surprised at that Aldi, always had you down as a people should have freedom, down with the establishment making decisions for us, big brother is watching you etc. and there you are saying everyone needs to go online where the spooks can get your details anytime they want, shame on you.  :P

I agree, but sadly, as with gigs, the days of queueing are gone and in this instance it would probably have solved loads of issues…
Posted by: lukeo, May 18, 2022, 7:06am; Reply: 199
For anyone reading this as a neutral fan wanting to enjoy a game of football in Nottingham next Monday evening, tickets go on general sale at 9am.  >:( :X :) ;)
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, May 18, 2022, 8:56am; Reply: 200
Quoted from newarkmariner
i was lucky enough to log on at 10am and get a ticket,really feel for those who have missed out,however if anyone needs a notts postcode for the home stands, i have access to 3,just pm me.UTFM

Is that you Gordon?
Posted by: IrishMariner, May 18, 2022, 9:09am; Reply: 201
What end of the Sirrell Stand have we been given? Just wondering for anyone who hypothetically might be looking at tickets in the home end ;)
Posted by: Mariner_09, May 18, 2022, 9:38am; Reply: 202
I had the luxury of being able to pop in my car and nip down to BP yesterday, fortunately, I wasn't busy. However, many Town fans who aren't local or were at work weren't so lucky, so just pulling online sales like that with no warning or justification would be a real pisser.

I got ours at about 13.10 and they were sold out not much later. I think I'll have to camp outside BP the night before sales for Wrexham if we get through, that has the double whammy of increased demand (weekend game, more hype as we'll have beaten NC) and reduced supply (1,200 v 2,000 tickets). That's going to be chaos IF we beat Notts County.

I should note the real enemy here is Notts County or Notts Police or whoever cut our allocation to less than half of what they could reasonably give us!
Posted by: petethemariner, May 18, 2022, 10:01am; Reply: 203
Nottinghamshire Police are notorious t0ssers, seem to have massive chips on their shoulders, i witnessed an example of this a few years ago at a Test Match, a few lads  arrived at the ground all wearing sequined Elvis Presley costumes and handed out Elvis song sheets for the rest of us, as soon as the singing started the police came  and confiscated the song sheets! Pathetic.
The game a few years back at County when free bus travel was supplied, i remember at half time they made it virtually impossible for anyone to access the toilets under the stand, no idea why as all the fans in that part of the ground where GTFC fans and there was no confrontation between sets of fans.
Its probable that our allocarion wont be increased due to them and not the club.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, May 18, 2022, 4:12pm; Reply: 204
All new ticket buyers at Notts (ie not previously registered with them) have to buy in-person at their ticket office with proof of address - looks like nearly all but the lucky 2k will be watching on tele...

I guess with a bit of foresight I could have registered with their online system a couple of weeks back...
Posted by: Simon, May 18, 2022, 4:19pm; Reply: 205
All new ticket buyers at Notts (ie not previously registered with them) have to buy in-person at their ticket office with proof of address - looks like nearly all but the lucky 2k will be watching on tele...

I guess with a bit of foresight I could have registered with their online system a couple of weeks back...

I work as a rep for a builders merchant and was in Nottingham today, bought four tickets in the lower kop with no check on address  

Posted by: RobinHoodMariner, May 18, 2022, 4:26pm; Reply: 206
4 tickets booked in the Pavis stand with NG postcode, we'll be wearing black n white if anyone else around wants to give a nod & wink ;)
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, May 18, 2022, 4:34pm; Reply: 207
Quoted from Simon

I work as a rep for a builders merchant and was in Nottingham today, bought four tickets in the lower kop with no check on address  

I assume you were at the ticket office in person - telephone bookings are not being taken, the request is to go down with the proof.

Posted by: Abdul19, May 18, 2022, 4:52pm; Reply: 208
Not only have I acquired a ticket for the Notts end, I'm going as an under 7 for free.
Posted by: oochiad, May 18, 2022, 6:39pm; Reply: 209
People have been buying tickets for the home end and getting them digitally so don’t have to collect or have them sent…..
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 18, 2022, 8:14pm; Reply: 210
Don't tell the Notts fans on there forum, they will be worried that they are going to be raped and pillaged by hoards drug creased vikings from Grimsby.
Posted by: Abdul19, May 18, 2022, 8:33pm; Reply: 211
Quoted from oochiad
People have been buying tickets for the home end and getting them digitally so don’t have to collect or have them sent…..

Need an existing registration now though
Posted by: aldi_01, May 18, 2022, 8:55pm; Reply: 212
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Don't tell the Notts fans on there forum, they will be worried that they are going to be raped and pillaged by hoards drug creased vikings from Grimsby.

Mad isn’t it considering they believe in a made bloke that carried a bow and arrow and lived in a tree…
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, May 19, 2022, 12:34pm; Reply: 213
...are sorted.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 19, 2022, 1:02pm; Reply: 214
Quoted from aldi_01

Mad isn’t it considering they believe in a made bloke that carried a bow and arrow and lived in a tree…

They probably don’t  give a friar tuck
Posted by: Poojah, May 19, 2022, 2:11pm; Reply: 215
Just a thought for anyone struggling to get a ticket. Notts are offering 8 and 16 seater executive boxes for £35pp, which at £13 more than a regular ticket doesn’t seem unreasonable. Maybe worth looking into if you’re desperate.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2022/may/grimsby-play-off-hospitality-160522/
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, May 19, 2022, 3:51pm; Reply: 216
Quoted from Poojah
Just a thought for anyone struggling to get a ticket. Notts are offering 8 and 16 seater executive boxes for £35pp, which at £13 more than a regular ticket doesn’t seem unreasonable. Maybe worth looking into if you’re desperate.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2022/may/grimsby-play-off-hospitality-160522/

That's more than reasonable - wish I'd seen that before.

Cheaper pp than the cheapest ticket for the Forest v Huddersfield final (£36 right at the top of the top deck). Nearly all the bottom tier is £64 or more. Family of 4 probably won't get change out of £400 for the day including travel. About the same as the cheapest season tickets for a family of four at Bayern. Forest will sell out be interesting to see if Hudders do.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 1:46pm