Quagmire
January 12, 2022, 7:25am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from ska face

Fine margins & all that but Hurst has the air of a man who isn’t worried about losing his job, and lacks the ambition to really push for the playoffs this year. Not good enough in my book.

This is why he took the job on.  He knows full well that he’s got 3 or 4 years here, he’s loving this ‘long term project’ nonsense, it’s almost like he’s already given up on the season already.  

Shouldn’t have been allowed to carry on after he failed last season, anything less than the play offs this season and he’s failed again, needs to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 100
AussieShaymen
January 12, 2022, 7:42am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +401
Gold Stars: 21
Halifax(me) fans thoughts on your players. Pearson and Waterfall are very good for this level, getting on a bit but still excellent for this level. Thought your left back was a bit excrement. The pony tailed lad in midfield is similar to our two midfielders, a very good player. Also thought Taylor has been a menace in the two games against us. Does a lot of leg work up top. Thought Sousa and Maguire Drew are typical for this level, can win you a match one week, anonymous the next.  Was expecting more from Mcatee can tell he is a good player, but tonight seemed like he was snatching at trying to make things happen for you, instead of seeing what the game was offering to him.

Think our manager could do wonders with your team. Honestly think managers make a lot of difference this league, not necessarily money. Think Parkinson is excrement for Wrexham and look at  Stockport under Challinor now, instead of Rusk. Luke Garrard at Borehamwood is another one. Anyway again best of luck for rest of season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 100
MuddyWaters
January 12, 2022, 7:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from AussieShaymen
Halifax(me) fans thoughts on your players. Pearson and Waterfall are very good for this level, getting on a bit but still excellent for this level. Thought your left back was a bit excrement. The pony tailed lad in midfield is similar to our two midfielders, a very good player. Also thought Taylor has been a menace in the two games against us. Does a lot of leg work up top. Thought Sousa and Maguire Drew are typical for this level, can win you a match one week, anonymous the next.  Was expecting more from Mcatee can tell he is a good player, but tonight seemed like he was snatching at trying to make things happen for you, instead of seeing what the game was offering to him.

Think our manager could do wonders with your team. Honestly think managers make a lot of difference this league, not necessarily money. Think Parkinson is excrement for Wrexham and look at  Stockport under Challinor now, instead of Rusk. Luke Garrard at Borehamwood is another one. Anyway again best of luck for rest of season.

Thanks for that, though it’s no great comfort as I don’t see us appointing a new manager anytime soon.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 100
easypeersy
January 12, 2022, 9:20am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
I must try one of these scotch eggs,
Probably the only good reason to go to Blundell Park these days. We are now the laughing stock of this division.
I used to be proud of Grimsby Town in 1990s.
Then 20 odd years with Fenty taking us down the plug hole.
TWICE!
A beacon of light when the new owners took over and improvements made. However they have settled for a negative, inept, boring, proven to be useless manager and as a result we look set to be getting dangerously close to another plug hole. Don’t anyone think it cannot happen- just look where York City are right now!
Please Stockwood and Petite get rid of Hurst NOW!
These football players are good enough if they have a manager who can inspire, coach and believe in themselves.
And Get a Striker!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 100
davmariner
January 12, 2022, 9:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,924
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from AussieShaymen

Really good post which makes a lot of sense.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 100
buckstown
January 12, 2022, 9:48am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,180
Gold Stars: 79
I think it's obvious that the manager is the most important person at a football club. Basically you can list the clubs and their revenues, press data/sort and that's where you finish. The manager is the person that determines whether you punch above or below your weight. He generally picks the players, motivates and organises them
Challinor is a good example in this league but he's a nasty man. From what I've read the bloke at Boring Wood is loathsome, and in days of old both Cowley and Evans were undesirable
Think Ian Evatt might be an exception but think we need to get a bit more nasty and horrible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 100
lukeo
January 12, 2022, 9:50am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Probably against my better judgement but I'm going to keep quiet and give it 7-8 more games before I start to slip towards the 'Hurst out' brigade.
I've only managed to watch 3-4 games and each time I've enjoyed the games and believed the players are trying.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 100
friskneymariner
January 12, 2022, 9:59am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from chaos33

I could make other ‘adverse comments’ if you like. You’re obviously the authority on ‘pathetic, irrelevant comments’; it’s just that you make them without a basic grasp of literacy, which undermines your already weak position, but you crack on….

I refuse to get into a battle of wits with someone who is obviously unarmed.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 100
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 12, 2022, 10:06am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,823
Gold Stars: 553
What was Efete’s injury? Muscular I presume?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 100
chaos33
January 12, 2022, 10:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from friskneymariner

I refuse to get into a battle of wits with someone who is obviously unarmed.

That’s not the reason you won’t get into it. 😉

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.