This thread currently has 12,336 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Stuart Discotheque
January 12, 2022, 1:05am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +73
That was certainly a tough result to take. Don’t think anyone who was there tonight could say we definitively deserved to lose the game.

Sadly, however, it is a familiar tale in terms of how we found a way to lose. Lack of creativity in midfield was really evident, didn’t look quite as fit, organised, or well drilled as Halifax. Who, in my opinion at least, didn’t really look like a top side. Moreso perhaps a ‘top of national league’ side based on the qualities mentioned.

Crookes had a bit of a mare in general then add the penalty to that and we were subsequently managed out of the game really easily once 1 down.

Positives on the night?
Can’t really fault the effort of the players, fox was much improved on recent performances, waterfall and Pearson looked solid enough, DLK did a decent enough job when he came on, Clifton worked tirelessly but without real direction and for little reward. Taylor put himself about as usual and showed good touches.

Definitely some changes required in terms of personnel in the match day squads. Much more required from the bench. Joel grant was completely anonymous, Scannell not even an option. Plenty to improve upon.

Will we see what we want as fans during this window? Probably not - On account of what I perceive as a lack of urgency from hurst and Doig due to the lack of pressure from above but also due to uncontrollable poor circumstances in the transfer market itself.

Difficult to predict where we will end up come May, but I’ll be around to enjoy & agonise over every result until then.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 100
GibMariner
January 12, 2022, 3:24am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Gaffer58
Concerned that the owners from day one have been saying that it’s a project and didn’t seem to believe promotion was a necessity this season, that’s why I believe Hurst is safe this season but, it may also mean that there will be no massive spending this season, even though I would assume the attendances to date are above expectations. They do seem to be concentrating on off field projects more then the actual football side.

What projects. Revamp the board room, glass screens, sprinklers, getting rid of the core staff at the club. Some are blinded by Bull Sht.

Professional investors!!! Go on then. This was the season to bounce back and it’s being thrown away.

Private Message
Reply: 71 - 100
sydney
January 12, 2022, 3:50am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Think we need a change, Got that feeling back of
“Who are we losing to this week”
As someone said it’s Starting to feel like last season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 100
denni266
January 12, 2022, 4:06am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from chaos33

Have you ever contributed anything well written, positive, fair and balanced..ever?

Dont like the truith do you  eh ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 100
aldi_01
January 12, 2022, 5:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Played well, nobody probably deserved to win. Gave away a stupid penalty. We lost. The end.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 100
chaos33
January 12, 2022, 6:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from denni266

Dont like the truith do you  eh ?

I don’t like losing games. Nobody does. The idea that you have any sort of purpose revealing ‘the truth’ to folk on here, is absurd.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 100
fishcake63
January 12, 2022, 6:32am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,224
Gold Stars: 62
Thought we played well in most PARTS but we lack pace to get in behind teams & also clinical finisher who can win us a tight game , plus points waterfall & pearson immense didn't deserve to be on losing side , love harrys workrate but at some point his passing must improve , crookes had a poor night culminating in a stupid penalty , we need 4 new faces asap !p.s please sign hunt
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 100
MuddyWaters
January 12, 2022, 6:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,236
Gold Stars: 235
For all that we’re supposed ‘to be building a squad’, we’re down to the bare bones in defence and midfield and still haven’t found our goal threat promised in August.

We’re also told that having a kit man and a new chef will make us more attractive to players coming to the club. Don’t other clubs have a kit man and a chef? We’re still (hate to agree with Fenty) not ideally placed geographically and that’s one thing the owners can’t do anything about.
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 100
quebec38
January 12, 2022, 7:15am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,575
Gold Stars: 48
Fair assessment to say we look like a mid table side I guess. We are 10th. Scary thought what it’s going to take to get us out of this league though because I actually think we have some pretty good players and a good side. Which for the first time makes me wonder whether it’s the manager - is he getting the most out of them?
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 100
Northbank Mariner
January 12, 2022, 7:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I just made it through there as they were putting the cones down at Jct 26....

Only had to come back as far as Goole but after that defeat the sooner I got back the better

Lucky you!..hit a pot hole coming out of Halifax, split my alloy, git to hartsead moor services, wheel nuts had been overtightened, had to call the AA and got back in my bed (in Hull) at 2.15am!..what a f@cking night!!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.