ginnywings
January 11, 2022, 10:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from barralad
Halifax clearly did a better job of learning from last week. Although he had a poor game Sousa was tightly marked all game. Sadly the only time he showed his speed was when he ran off to be substituted.
Wright had no room afforded to him.
We defended well especially Pearson and Waterfall but going forward we created very little-their keeper made two saves in 93 minutes-simply not good enough. For what it's worth I doubt they'd have scored without a penalty.
The last 20 mins or so was the Polar Opposite of the home game. No pressing, no invention and no-one with a bit of skill capable of getting us back in it.

Pretty much what I heard about the game. He used the same phrase as you- no invention.

We need some in this window.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 100
Gaffer58
January 11, 2022, 10:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Concerned that the owners from day one have been saying that it’s a project and didn’t seem to believe promotion was a necessity this season, that’s why I believe Hurst is safe this season but, it may also mean that there will be no massive spending this season, even though I would assume the attendances to date are above expectations. They do seem to be concentrating on off field projects more then the actual football side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 100
chaos33
January 11, 2022, 10:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
Promotion is the objective. Saying it’s a ‘necessity’ is unrealistic and unhelpful.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 100
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 11, 2022, 10:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from HerveJosse

So your saying we shouldn’t pay  a salary for 3 and half moths in which we have 23 games .

Think he was saying we might be required to pay a higher % of his salary and for whatever reason a deal is not getting done despite us trying to sign him on a permanent deal. Hunt may not want to drop into non league and probably feels he has the ability to play at a higher level.

Was not a Hurst fan first time around and rarely attend away matches so not had to endure some of our poorer performances but whilst a couple of home matches have been mediocre mostly we have played well at BP and I have mostly enjoyed the way we have played even in the two defeats. I would refer back to a number of posts I have made over many a season and reiterate that once again we are not good or strong enough in midfield and of course as everyone knows we need a striker and I was concerned to hear PH discussing this after the Halifax game and implying that getting a striker in may mean changing how we play and might mean leaving Taylor out who had just had a good game. I rate Taylor but he just doesn’t score the number of goals we require from our main striker albeit I’m happy to get someone to play alongside him with McAtee playing just behind them.

Sat here as former strikers Matt and Rhys Oates are still making positive contributions for their respective teams and although Oates was only here for a short period were many of us upset when we didn’t try and retain Matt? Sometimes we fans aren’t the best judges of players.

Personally I would give Hurst this window to see if some of our weaknesses can be addressed but if we fail to make the playoffs would probably accept a need for change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 100
jamesgtfc
January 11, 2022, 10:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from HerveJosse

So your saying we shouldn’t pay  a salary for 3 and half moths in which we have 23 games .

No; I'm saying we shouldn't pay substantially more for him than what we've been paying to do the same job for another few months.

If you had 6 fence panels installed down one side of your garden for £500 and then decided you wanted the 6 panels replacing on the other side; would you pay £2000 for the exact same panels and posts?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 100
chaos33
January 11, 2022, 10:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from friskneymariner
Think everybody was over come with the euphoria of getting rid of Fenty ,they could not distinguish the hype from substance,so far I cannot see the new owners living up to expectation a matter of presentation over substance,some of you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Right. And you need to learn about punctuation.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 100
denni266
January 11, 2022, 10:54pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
It is starting to feel that the football side of things do not matter to our glorious new owners. Its about time they got some round things and told Hurst to get it sorted and stop fluffing about or here is the door.. Never mind its ok son your safe so cary on  saving money and putting a pub team out , The fans are happy with there scotch eggs and over priced beer. There may be a decent gate for saturday as even we are expected to win this one .. Famous last words .. but drawor loose you can put the ticket office on part time as the fans will walk away as they have in the past
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 100
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 11, 2022, 10:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from Gaffer58
Concerned that the owners from day one have been saying that it’s a project and didn’t seem to believe promotion was a necessity this season, that’s why I believe Hurst is safe this season but, it may also mean that there will be no massive spending this season, even though I would assume the attendances to date are above expectations. They do seem to be concentrating on off field projects more then the actual football side.

Did you listen to Stockdale’s recent interview on RH? He firstly clarified that this year’s budget was based on an average home attendance of circa 4500 which surprised me a little I must admit but if our results continue to be indifferent for the remainder of the season this may prove fairly accurate. He also explained how the off field projects are being managed and how these will benefit player recruitment in the longer term. He also emphasised that the football side is left to PH and that financial support is there if required but it won’t be at levels being spent at Wrexham and Stockport. So yes they are more focused on off field matters but only because they currently trust PH on the football side which in normal circumstances would be more than an acceptable approach but when a team is losing fans will be critical of pretty much everything that is taking place at the club not least the introduction of costly scotch eggs!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 100
HerveJosse
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,184
Gold Stars: 139
Quoted from jamesgtfc

No; I'm saying we shouldn't pay substantially more for him than what we've been paying to do the same job for another few months.

If you had 6 fence panels installed down one side of your garden for £500 and then decided you wanted the 6 panels replacing on the other side; would you pay £2000 for the exact same panels and posts?

If the alternative was having a hole in my garden where the fence should be then the answer would be yes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 100
HerveJosse
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,184
Gold Stars: 139
Quoted from jamesgtfc

If the alternative was having a hole in my garden where the fence should be then the answer would be yes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.