This thread currently has 12,233 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
AussieShaymen
January 11, 2022, 11:18pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +401
Gold Stars: 21
Halifax fan here. Agree with a lot of what you were saying. The only thing I will say, is that we looked a lot more comfortable once we went 1-0 up. Completely different response after the goal from
Your lot compared to the first game between us. Honestly think you are one of the better sides we’ve played, Dagenham were the other team that impressed. Wrexham who beat us at shay weren’t half the team that you have been the last two games. Keep your heads up, a couple of wins and you will be back challenging.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 100
HertsGTFC
January 11, 2022, 11:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
Couldn't go tonight as I'm away working in the bottom end of nowhere in Cornwall but from what I heard on RH it jus sounded like most of our 1 - 0 defeats hinged on 1 pivotal moment.

Well done to all of those that made the trip on a Tuesday night, the team might be bang average eat the moment but the support sounded awesome on the radio.    

Looking forward to Saturday, I think ......

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 100
chaos33
January 11, 2022, 11:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Thanks mate. There you go.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 100
chaos33
January 11, 2022, 11:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from friskneymariner

If that is the only adverse comment you can make I'll take that.In reply you need to learn not to make pathetic irrelevant comments,just to give yourself an inflated sense of superiority.

I could make other ‘adverse comments’ if you like. You’re obviously the authority on ‘pathetic, irrelevant comments’; it’s just that you make them without a basic grasp of literacy, which undermines your already weak position, but you crack on….

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 100
FishOutOfWater
January 11, 2022, 11:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from AussieShaymen
Halifax fan here. Agree with a lot of what you were saying. The only thing I will say, is that we looked a lot more comfortable once we went 1-0 up. Completely different response after the goal from
Your lot compared to the first game between us. Honestly think you are one of the better sides we’ve played, Dagenham were the other team that impressed. Wrexham who beat us at shay weren’t half the team that you have been the last two games. Keep your heads up, a couple of wins and you will be back challenging.

I'm not going to grumble about the outcome tonight

Funny after all those tussles at Blundell Park that you won this one on a penalty though and  despite our appeals, we never got a sniff of one. That's football I guess

After you'd scored I did hope we might have been able to end the game with a flourish but we just didn't move up a gear

Over the two games I've seen your team play, you seem to have a solid workman-like ethic and against us you've managed to grind out a good four points

Not sure if you'll stay top but who knows in this league.... I expect you will definitely make the play-offs though. Hopefully so will we and then anything can happen ( and probably will - I watched a fair few of them last season and teams that were expected to win flattered to deceive)

Anyway good luck trying to win promotion.... your lads can't afford to take their foot off the gas though if you want to hold on to that N° 1 spot
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 64 - 100
ska face
January 11, 2022, 11:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,342
Gold Stars: 824
Halifax simply better on the night, on the pitch and in the dugout. Far fitter than us & we were blowing from about 60mins.

We started well enough but didn’t create anything clear cut bar one which JMD missed. As Barra said, Sousa was well marked but that’s done easy enough with the service he received - absolute píss all night from Crookes & the middle two. Slow, telegraphed balls, delayed until he had someone up his arśe, or floated aimlessly over the top to chase. No wonder he was completely spent in the second half. That’s where Hunt makes a different - spots a pass & shifts the ball before defenders have a chance to set up. Fox & Clifton nowhere near that level with the ball.

Efete going off killed us as an attacking force really. Longe-King did well but he’s obviously not an attacking full back and doesn’t have the energy that Efete offers. Also meant options off the bench were further limited which cost us, as we could’ve done with a change in that front 3/4 from the hour mark.

A combination of tired legs, poor passing and a more defensive back 4 meant the game got stretched, we were never able to hold it in their defensive third & were on the back foot for a period before the goal. They looked more assured and composed in the middle of the park without really knocking it around much.

After the goal we had nothing - literally in the case of Grant who was completely anonymous. The only thing their no.6 could do was head the ball, so they were happy to let us have it across the back 4 & invite long balls onto his head. Without a creative spark in the middle we were very limited going forward.

Waterfall, Pearson and Crocombe very unlucky to be on the losing side today - 2 centre halves immense and Crocombe with two great saves, one just before the goal (annoyingly), the other stopping a tap in from about 5 yards.

Fine margins & all that but Hurst has the air of a man who isn’t worried about losing his job, and lacks the ambition to really push for the playoffs this year. Not good enough in my book.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 100
GhostDan
January 11, 2022, 11:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Thought we deserved something from what was a tight game, nothing really in it either way and it’s just typical of us to find a way to lose it - that being said, I don’t think we’d have scored in a month of Sundays.

The team is full of decent, honest hardworking players and I pretty much like them all but for me, the lack of quality going forward is telling, especially in the wide areas.

I think the most frustrating part is that we are nearly a very good side but just lacking that cutting edge at the moment, I really hope PH can pull 2/3 serious signings out of the that make the difference.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 100
FishOutOfWater
January 12, 2022, 12:18am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from GhostDan
Thought we deserved something from what was a tight game, nothing really in it either way and it’s just typical of us to find a way to lose it - that being said, I don’t think we’d have scored in a month of Sundays.

The team is full of decent, honest hardworking players and I pretty much like them all but for me, the lack of quality going forward is telling, especially in the wide areas.

I think the most frustrating part is that we are nearly a very good side but just lacking that cutting edge at the moment, I really hope PH can pull 2/3 serious signings out of the that make the difference.

UTM

Sounds like there is going to be some transfer news in the next couple of days. You need to listen right to the end of the report to find out though

https://twitter.com/_elliottjackson/status/1481035682000867330?s=21

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 67 - 100
Croxton
January 12, 2022, 12:25am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Little to add to Poojah and Ska's comments apart from the failure of McAtee to signal to the bench that he was struggling. Sousa should have stayed on if not injured.
Crookes has a terrible touch and is clueless in attack. That fact and McAtee's injury limits Sousa's game. Maguire Drew needs a ball to feet and a bit of space but our passing was poor again. Without a balanced midfield the attackers are hamstrung in more ways than one. The breaks are not going for us at the moment on the pitch, or on Paul's phone apparently.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 100
forza ivano
January 12, 2022, 12:29am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Sounds like there is going to be some transfer news in the next couple of days. You need to listen right to the end of the report to find out though

https://twitter.com/_elliottjackson/status/1481035682000867330?s=21

someone with a 4 month contract and a loanee doesn't really marry up with 1878's wish to get a settled squad on long term contracts does it?
got a horrible feeling we are heading for a season of mid table mediocrity

ps thanks for the contributions of those who actually went.As is usual they are far more balanced and illuminating than those who didn't go but who can immediately analyse the game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.