This thread currently has 12,309 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Simon
January 11, 2022, 10:11pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +259
Gold Stars: 32
Frustrating, i'm all for giving someone time but one win in eleven is just not good enough in any League

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 100
oochiad
January 11, 2022, 10:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,675
Gold Stars: 27
Let’s see how we get on this Saturday against a should be beatable team……UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 100
MuddyWaters
January 11, 2022, 10:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,171
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from ginnywings

But they are not sh1t performances- that's the frustrating part.

Appalling form yes.

I haven’t seen the away games, have you? I don’t think we have played badly at home but, at all times, we have missed the striker that we were promised in August.

We have completely spunked away a great start, and let’s be honest, thank God we had it.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 100
jamesgtfc
January 11, 2022, 10:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,939
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from pontoonlew

I heard that bottom line last season when Hurst failed to bring in any players for the majority of January and when we did, the nails were already in the coffin.

Forgive me for not being all that confident this time round.

We've been told by our owners that we don't want to turn the squad over every summer and our strategy for this window is longer-term permanent signings so I'm willing to see what comes through the door this month. If we only sign players on loan or short-term deals then I think questions need to be asked.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 100
barralad
January 11, 2022, 10:16pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,263
Gold Stars: 121
Halifax clearly did a better job of learning from last week. Although he had a poor game Sousa was tightly marked all game. Sadly the only time he showed his speed was when he ran off to be substituted.
Wright had no room afforded to him.
We defended well especially Pearson and Waterfall but going forward we created very little-their keeper made two saves in 93 minutes-simply not good enough. For what it's worth I doubt they'd have scored without a penalty.
The last 20 mins or so was the Polar Opposite of the home game. No pressing, no invention and no-one with a bit of skill capable of getting us back in it.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 100
Hagrid
January 11, 2022, 10:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,323
Gold Stars: 526
M62’s closed and we’ve been diverted. This gets better…

Crookes had his worst game in a Town Shirt also. Ball bounced off him, crossing passing poor. And he conceeded the pen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 100
friskneymariner
January 11, 2022, 10:21pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Think everybody was over come with the euphoria of getting rid of Fenty ,they could not distinguish the hype from substance,so far I cannot see the new owners living up to expectation a matter of presentation over substance,some of you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 100
pontoonlew
January 11, 2022, 10:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,812
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from jamesgtfc

We've been told by our owners that we don't want to turn the squad over every summer and our strategy for this window is longer-term permanent signings so I'm willing to see what comes through the door this month. If we only sign players on loan or short-term deals then I think questions need to be asked.

I’m not sure I want Paul Hurst to have that responsibility given he’s built a squad who’ve won 1 game in 11 and have seemingly lost all the spirit we saw at the start of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 100
HerveJosse
January 11, 2022, 10:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,177
Gold Stars: 139
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I imagine Hunt is probably on a fair whack at Wednesday and we've probably only been paying a small contribution. They see that we want him so try their luck at making us pay something like 3x as much for him to do the same job for another few months. I'm with Hurst on not rolling over there.

11th January, lets see what rolls in over the next 3 weeks.

So your saying we shouldn’t pay  a salary for 3 and half moths in which we have 23 games .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 100
MuddyWaters
January 11, 2022, 10:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,171
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from friskneymariner
Think everybody was over come with the euphoria of getting rid of Fenty ,they could not distinguish the hype from substance,so far I cannot see the new owners living up to expectation a matter of presentation over substance,some of you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

I’m wide awake. Football clubs thrive on results, our first dozen games showed that.

I’m also well aware that things need to be improved off the pitch. However, one win in eleven, seven straight away defeats and a shrinking squad together with continued support for a failing manager in the non league will not keep the turnstiles turning.

There seems to be a lack of on field ambition. It’s a results based business Mr Stockwood.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.