Lincoln Mariner 56
January 11, 2022, 11:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from denni266
It is starting to feel that the football side of things do not matter to our glorious new owners. Its about time they got some round things and told Hurst to get it sorted and stop fluffing about or here is the door.. Never mind its ok son your safe so cary on  saving money and putting a pub team out , The fans are happy with there scotch eggs and over priced beer. There may be a decent gate for saturday as even we are expected to win this one .. Famous last words .. but drawor loose you can put the ticket office on part time as the fans will walk away as they have in the past

Funny how many on here criticise Lincoln’s plastic fans and ask where were you when your team is crap but as soon as we hit a bad patch, albeit a very bad patch, our true and hardy fans will be walking away again. As I said in an earlier thread if you just attend home matches why would you stop going as we’ve hardly put in a bad performance and we even lost two home games on the bounce in 71/72 so even the best lose home matches some times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 100
arryarryarry
January 11, 2022, 11:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Meza

And we aint won their since the 70's

And if I remember correctly one was a Tuesday night and Hurst's first full game in charge and we were dicked 4-0.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 100
FishOutOfWater
January 11, 2022, 11:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Hagrid
Halifax. flipping halifax. On 1800 gates. Stronger and fitter than us. Went better. We gifted them a penalty and 3 points. And never looked like getting back into it

Very very fed up

I was at the other end of the stand.... gifted them a penalty you say? Was it that bad?

All I could see from where I was, was their man going in to  the box and then going down under a challenge

To me this game was a bit like the one at Kiddy.... did we deserve to lose it? Not really. We should have had a draw but have come away once again with nothing

I don't feel unhappy with how they played tonight but going back to the OP, we don't have that spark to take us beyond what we're getting currently

Injuries to Efete and to McAtee as well so the squad is going to be a bit threadbare come Saturday if they don't recover

January is going to be a big month for us.... if we don't win our games at home then sad to say, we probably will just end up somewhere middle of the table

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 52 - 100
AussieMariner
January 11, 2022, 11:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Very frustrating because I thought we edged it overall. We weren’t good enough in the final 3rd but tbh neither were they. The only thing they were better at was falling over.
Biggest frustration for me though was that we looked hesitant and indecisive whenever we got in their half and I reckon the same players, in the same situations, would have scored 2 or 3 in the first part of the season. So I am now quite concerned because we are not getting the results we should be getting, and it’s not bad luck, and it’s not fine margins, it’s poor execution and a complete lack of confidence.
Also worried about the injuries to McAtee and Efete.
Mcatee looked like he might have done a hammy which could be a few more weeks out. Hopefully it’s just a strain from not having played for a while.
Efete, dunno, but it’s not great timing with Sears having just left is it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 100
Rodley Mariner
January 11, 2022, 11:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Efete's injury was a major loss. Crookes had a poor game but even playing well he isn't an attacking threat. So with him and Longe-King at full back and we had nothing there going forward. Thought we looked very leggy after going behind as well and wouldn't be surprised if McAtee is a concern for Saturday - constantly looked on the verge of pulling up towards the end.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 100
chaos33
January 11, 2022, 11:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from denni266
It is starting to feel that the football side of things do not matter to our glorious new owners. Its about time they got some round things and told Hurst to get it sorted and stop fluffing about or here is the door.. Never mind its ok son your safe so cary on  saving money and putting a pub team out , The fans are happy with there scotch eggs and over priced beer. There may be a decent gate for saturday as even we are expected to win this one .. Famous last words .. but drawor loose you can put the ticket office on part time as the fans will walk away as they have in the past

Have you ever contributed anything well written, positive, fair and balanced..ever?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 100
Hagrid

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,387
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I was at the other end of the stand.... gifted them a penalty you say? Was it that bad?

All I could see from where I was, was their man going in to  the box and then going down under a challenge

To me this game was a bit like the one at Kiddy.... did we deserve to lose it? Not really. We should have had a draw but have come away once again with nothing

I don't feel unhappy with how they played tonight but going back to the OP, we don't have that spark to take us beyond what we're getting currently

Injuries to Efete and to McAtee as well so the squad is going to be a bit threadbare come Saturday if they don't recover

January is going to be a big month for us.... if we don't win our games at home then sad to say, we probably will just end up somewhere middle of the table

UTM

For me it was gifted, he didnt need to make any challenge.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 100
FishOutOfWater
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Hagrid
M62’s closed and we’ve been diverted. This gets better…

I just made it through there as they were putting the cones down at Jct 26....

Only had to come back as far as Goole but after that defeat the sooner I got back the better
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 57 - 100
Poojah
January 11, 2022, 11:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,473
Gold Stars: 1,500
It’s interesting, I think most would agree that the starting eleven out there tonight was relatively strong for this league. The performance was ok in general, and the effort was there for all to see. Defensively, barring that tussle in the box which led to their penalty, I thought we looked alright against a side that is adept in getting in behind you.

To be fair, most of the above could be applied to any of the recent 1-0 defeats we’ve been arguably unlucky to lose, but lost we have, all the same.

This is the thing for me; I’m not convinced we’re going to bring in many or any players that are demonstrably better than the eleven that started tonight (though I’d love to be proved wrong).

But is that the issue? Halifax, as average as they looked for periods tonight, had a clear identity and plan going forward. They knew how to create space in attacking areas and get in behind our back line. They were unspectacular but very well drilled in that respect.

We on the other hand, look like we’re winging it, and not very well. We’re generally organised at the back but rudderless up top. And thinking back, this is a classic Hust / Doug combo isn’t it? Two defensive minds working in tandem. Solid defensively, but generally reliant on individual spark in an attacking sense. A spark that has disappeared given recent results.

We clearly need to reinforce given the number of outgoings, but I’m not sure the players are our biggest problem right now. Given the focus on infrastructure recently, do we not need to consider bringing someone into the coaching set-up who has a strong attacking pedigree?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 100
friskneymariner
January 11, 2022, 11:17pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from chaos33

Right. And you need to learn about punctuation.

If that is the only adverse comment you can make I'll take that.In reply you need to learn not to make pathetic irrelevant comments,just to give yourself an inflated sense of superiority.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.