11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
January 12, 2022, 10:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,489
What was Efete’s injury? Muscular I presume?

Looked that way, he went down off the ball as Clifton felled one of their players for a free-kick as they were breaking.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 100
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 12, 2022, 10:20am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Poojah

Looked that way, he went down off the ball as Clifton felled one of their players for a free-kick as they were breaking.

Cheers. Fingers crossed it was not serious.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 100
ska face
January 12, 2022, 10:22am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,344
Gold Stars: 820
Hamstring according to Hurst.

Looked like he did it about 25 mins in, in front of the away fans, as appeared to pull up slightly after chasing one over his head.
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 100
FishOutOfWater
January 12, 2022, 10:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Lucky you!..hit a pot hole coming out of Halifax, split my alloy, git to hartsead moor services, wheel nuts had been overtightened, had to call the AA and got back in my bed (in Hull) at 2.15am!..what a f@cking night!!..

Sorry to hear that NBM

Adding insult to injury

In the cold light of day and when push comes to shove, your car experience almost mirrors the game

We were tootling along but then one bump and the wheels came off

Good to hear you eventually made it back although not really a consolation after a totally disappointing night around and about the M62
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 93 - 100
Poojah
January 12, 2022, 10:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,489

Lucky you!..hit a pot hole coming out of Halifax, split my alloy, git to hartsead moor services, wheel nuts had been overtightened, had to call the AA and got back in my bed (in Hull) at 2.15am!..what a f@cking night!!..

Very sorry to hear that. I can’t even begin to imagine how devastating it must be, to wake up and realise you’re in Hull…

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 100
Maringer
January 12, 2022, 10:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
It just goes to show how close the margins can be.

Other than a handful of away performances (from what I've read), we've been right in pretty much every game this season.

At the start of the season, we were pulling the rabbit out of the hat pretty much every game, turning draws into wins and looking a really good team. Unfortunately, the disruption following McAtee's injury (and Bapaga's loss of form) saw performances dip a bit and we've developed the unfortunate habit of turning draws into defeats. This was true against Notts County and Chesterfield at home and numerous clubs away from home. The results at the start of the season were probably a bit better than we deserved based on some of the performances (though some of the wins were excellent) and there is no doubt that the results during the bad run are definitely worse than the performances deserve.

I know Hurst likes to work with a smaller squad, but I think the stop-start way the season has progressed due to the pandemic with players coming in and out of the team with illness, isolation and injury means this was too much of a gamble. Truth be told, getting enough of the right strikers in was always the problem with Hurst and we were often starting the season a player short up top. Not a coincidence that our best outcome came when we started the season with Amond and Bogle, even though Bogle blew very hot and cold that season.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 100
rancido
January 12, 2022, 11:20am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,446
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from chaos33

Right. And you need to learn about punctuation.

That's a battle you won't win !

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 100
friskneymariner
January 12, 2022, 4:21pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from chaos33

That’s not the reason you won’t get into it. 😉

Quite right,one of my ex-bosses advised me never to get into arguments with stupid people,they have far more time than you and have years of practice,think I will take his advice..

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 100
Northbank Mariner
January 12, 2022, 5:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from Poojah

Very sorry to hear that. I can’t even begin to imagine how devastating it must be, to wake up and realise you’re in Hull…

If it wasn't the fact my Mrs is as fit as f@ck, yep I'm punching well above my weight btw, I'd not be back on the right side of the river in a flash, believe me...plus, they so great patties over here, every cloud n all that..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 100
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 12, 2022, 6:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 548

If it wasn't the fact my Mrs is as fit as f@ck, yep I'm punching well above my weight btw, I'd not be back on the right side of the river in a flash, believe me...plus, they so great patties over here, every cloud n all that..

To paraphrase Arsene Wenger, "Everyone thinks they have the prettiest patties at home".
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.