MuddyWaters
October 16, 2021, 8:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,237
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from BeijingMariner

I have no idea why 24 people on this forum would red cross this, but I believe that Plankton is more right than you. Ribbing is ribbing, insults, ok, but wanting a town 35 miles down the road to lose their club? That's totally on you and proves you have a very limited  set of horizons.
I am with you, Mr Basic life form

Swann, Cox and their fans gloated when we went down. intercourse’em.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 107
newarkmariner
October 16, 2021, 9:50pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
feck the scunts,they laughed at us twice,hope they rot
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 107
Limerick Mariner
October 16, 2021, 9:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,695
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Swann, Cox and their fans gloated when we went down. intercourse’em.

What football fans don't gloat at the discomfort of their local rivals? But actually wouldn't we rather be playing and beating Lincolnshire rivals than tinpot clubs from bland SE commuter towns like Stevenage, Crawley and Sutton and actually I'd be surprised if most Scunthorpe fans, the ones with a modicum of intelligence anyway, didn't think the same...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 107
MuddyWaters
October 16, 2021, 10:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,237
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

What football fans don't gloat at the discomfort of their local rivals? But actually wouldn't we rather be playing and beating Lincolnshire rivals than tinpot clubs from bland SE commuter towns like Stevenage, Crawley and Sutton and actually I'd be surprised if most Scunthorpe fans, the ones a modicum of intelligence anyway, didn't think the same...

The thing is that Swann isn’t even a Scunny fan. At no point have I said that I want them out of business but even Fenty didn’t run our club beyond its means in the way that Swann has run Scunny. I’m sure they’ll survive but relegation will forever change the way they’re run.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 107
LH
October 16, 2021, 10:23pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,504
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

I'd be surprised if most Scunthorpe fans, the ones with a modicum of intelligence anyway, didn't think the same...

I’m sure he probably does.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 107
VinnyGTFC
October 16, 2021, 10:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +127
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from Plankton
I may no longer live in Lincolnshire but my thoughts are below.

I want us to get back up to the football league and I also want Scunthorpe to be there too. I take no delight in seeing a club experiencing difficulties at the hands of poor business management. Lincolnshire is the second largest county in England and the county is vastly underrepresented in footballing terms compared to its size. Another team in our county going down is a massive shame to all of us and is going to be a detriment going forward. We need local and quality teams  to draw talent to pursue our own goals.

Agreed and let's be honest, the more local derbies the better the league. Do I want Scunthorpe in the same league as us. You bet I do.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 107
aldi_01
October 17, 2021, 4:53am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The thing is that Swann isn’t even a Scunny fan. At no point have I said that I want them out of business but even Fenty didn’t run our club beyond its means in the way that Swann has run Scunny. I’m sure they’ll survive but relegation will forever change the way they’re run.

He isn’t a scunny fan, you are correct but he has still actually put money in, unlike our now removed autocratic wankstain…

I don’t want to see any real team in a mess, even though it’s become part of the game it seems…

I think, having spoken to season tickets holding scunt that going down could be a blessing, as it could be for us and certainly was for Lincoln in the end…scunny’s issue is sustainability I guess. The club is probably less saleable down there and he seems to value them at a much higher price…

I’d agree with several on here though, whilst I’ll enjoy their footballing misfortune, I know who I’d rather play, and it’s not the likes of Crawley and Sutton…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 107
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 17, 2021, 5:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
I used to work with a scunt fan. He gloated beyond belief when we got relegated at burton. Constantly took the pi5s about the teams we were playing

I wish I still worked with him!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 107
October 17, 2021, 5:32am
Guest User
Quoted from aldi_01
He isn’t a scunny fan, you are correct but he has still actually put money in, unlike our now removed autocratic wankstain…

I don’t want to see any real team in a mess, even though it’s become part of the game it seems…

I think, having spoken to season tickets holding scunt that going down could be a blessing, as it could be for us and certainly was for Lincoln in the end…scunny’s issue is sustainability I guess. The club is probably less saleable down there and he seems to value them at a much higher price…

I’d agree with several on here though, whilst I’ll enjoy their footballing misfortune, I know who I’d rather play, and it’s not the likes of Crawley and Sutton…

Agree with this.

Scunny fans are folk who've chosen to support their local, low-level, unfashionable team rather than being sucked in by the premiersh1t hype and marketing.
Like Town fans, then.

And they gloat when their local rivals are struggling...like Town fans.

Happy to give them plenty of abuse when we play them, (and beating Scunthorpe is such an enjoyable experience for every Town fan), but I can't manage
the lingering, festering resentment thereafter...we've too much in common imo.
Reply: 38 - 107
louth_in_the_south
October 17, 2021, 7:11am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,678
Gold Stars: 95
I’d rather they slide down the snakes into NLN or below just to laugh at them but can actually see them going bust and Swann selling the land for redevelopment as a more likely outcome.

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.