11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
October 17, 2021, 7:23am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Do i waant scunthorpe to be relegated? Yes.
Do I want them to go out of business? No.
I'm sure in that small crowd theirs some genuine people who are (like ourselves) passionate aabout their town and their team. For those (all clubs have them) I'd never want a club to go bust. But, to be relegated, well someone needs to be, so why not scunny.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 107
BeijingMariner
October 17, 2021, 8:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from ginnywings

I don't think most posters are saying they want them to fold, just drop down to non league for a bit.

'Cause it'd be funny.

you might have been right when you posted that, but it doesn't look like you are now. but anyway, 24 red crosses for Plankton's post must have meant 24 people disagreed with him, which is a lot on here, I think. I hope you are right in terms of Town fans on her in general though, the ones who haven't posted or red-crossed, I would hope they would want more success for local clubs, which are businesses, and the spin-off trade that happens as a result of that success.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 41 - 107
GTFC_85
October 17, 2021, 9:30am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +252
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from SheepGTFC
You has size of a county got anything to do with football you plank.

I couldn't give two shites about sunny, calling someone a plank just doesn't breed a particularly pleasant culture on here. Uncalled for imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 107
pontoonlew
October 17, 2021, 10:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,997
Gold Stars: 171
If Scunthorpe do go down there’s plenty of historic tweets from their lot last season that will be getting dragged up and rubbed in their faces
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 107
supertown
October 17, 2021, 10:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,440
Gold Stars: 53
A word of warning , they were bottom last season as I recall and had a very good run before faltering again . They could turn this around (hope not)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 107
jamesgtfc
October 17, 2021, 10:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from supertown
A word of warning , they were bottom last season as I recall and had a very good run before faltering again . They could turn this around (hope not)

The difference is they brought Karacan in who was fairly cheap as he had a point to prove. He proved that point and they wouldn't pay him his worth.

Aside from last season Harry Davis has played in the SPL and the bottom end of League 2 for a number of years.

If we got going a couple of weeks earlier then Scunthorpe would have been the ones getting relegated last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 107
grimsby pete
October 17, 2021, 12:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
I would like the scunts to be still in the league next season.

Because that will be an easy 6 points for us as we go up through the leagues.

After that I don't think we would ever play them again in my lifetime.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 107
TwoLeftFeet
October 17, 2021, 12:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 18
As we found last season it's very difficult to get the right players in at Xmas when your at the bottom.. doesn't look like they have the right players there at mo either so doesn't look good for them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 107
codcheeky
October 17, 2021, 12:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
As we found last season it's very difficult to get the right players in at Xmas when your at the bottom.. doesn't look like they have the right players there at mo either so doesn't look good for them.

Yes no one wants a relegation from the league in their CV. If they are still bottom they will probably have a new manager in as well
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 107
LN8Mariner
October 17, 2021, 2:07pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +313
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet

It's even harder to find the right players in the January window when you have a transfer embargo applied. They cannot pay a fee for anybody, including loans, and cannot pay more wages to a player to secure a loan so they will be limited to any free agents [still without a club or released from contract in January] or free loanees. Now the second route may be a potential avenue for them given the ones we have so far unearthed... but I don't know if we are paying a fee for any of our loanees either. All this and they have to remain within the 23 player squad so if they are already up at that number they will also need to release some players (although loans can only be half a season so I guess some of the current ones will end). Looks like they need a windfall from a player sale in all reality to be able to clear up space in the squad and also pay off the loan to lift the embargo.

As you say, it doesn't look good at all when the embargo is factored into their current position. They certainly won't get (m)any mercenaries looking for a big six month pay day as without a windfall they don't have the cash and cannot spend money that was due to the limits placed on the loan.

As quite a few others have said there is potential for them to not only be relegated but also to go out of business here if they are relegated unless Swann changes tune or finds a wealthy benefactor (who, let's be fair, needs to have a screw loose to even contemplate paying £8m+).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.