dapperz fun pub
October 16, 2021, 5:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Plankton
I may no longer live in Lincolnshire but my thoughts are below.

I want us to get back up to the football league and I also want Scunthorpe to be there too. I take no delight in seeing a club experiencing difficulties at the hands of poor business management. Lincolnshire is the second largest county in England and the county is vastly underrepresented in footballing terms compared to its size. Another team in our county going down is a massive shame to all of us and is going to be a detriment going forward. We need local and quality teams  to draw talent to pursue our own goals.

Fcuk um
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 107
HertsGTFC
October 16, 2021, 6:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,883
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Plankton

I want us to get back up to the football league and I also want Scunthorpe to be there too. I take no delight in seeing a club experiencing difficulties at the hands of poor business management. Lincolnshire is the second largest county in England and the county is vastly underrepresented in footballing terms compared to its size. Another team in our county going down is a massive shame to all of us and is going to be a detriment going forward. We need local and quality teams  to draw talent to pursue our own goals.

No sympathy from me, their support wasn't moaning when Swann was throwing £8K a week as their better players whilst trying to get into the Championship.

If they went down it would make me smile, if we took their place I'd laugh.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 107
MuddyWaters
October 16, 2021, 6:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Zero sympathy here. Swann tried to be Billybigballs and has found it’s not just as easy as chucking your money around. He’s also sacked some pretty decent managers in his time too. 😂😂
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 107
BeijingMariner
October 16, 2021, 7:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Plankton

I have no idea why 24 people on this forum would red cross this, but I believe that Plankton is more right than you. Ribbing is ribbing, insults, ok, but wanting a town 35 miles down the road to lose their club? That's totally on you and proves you have a very limited  set of horizons.
I am with you, Mr Basic life form
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 23 - 107
ginnywings
October 16, 2021, 8:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from BeijingMariner

I have no idea why 24 people on this forum would red cross this, but I believe that Plankton is more right than you. Ribbing is ribbing, insults, ok, but wanting a town 35 miles down the road to lose their club? That's totally on you and proves you have a very limited  set of horizons.
I am with you, Mr Basic life form

I don't think most posters are saying they want them to fold, just drop down to non league for a bit.

'Cause it'd be funny.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 107
Grim up north
October 16, 2021, 8:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
Gold Stars: 1
When we went out the league before they posted bile like I hope your club dies blah blah blah more than what you’d expect from a rival . I’d like to say I’ve matured but f*** em - I want them relegated year on year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 107
Maringer
October 16, 2021, 8:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,411
Gold Stars: 184
Would Scunny ever make it back into the League if (when?) they drop out? Not sure they would. I could see them as a solid enough National League club, I suppose. They didn't get in the League until the 1950s, I think? That was back when it was a prosperous town with all the steelworks, but a lot has changed since then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 107
jamesgtfc
October 16, 2021, 8:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Maringer
Would Scunny ever make it back into the League if (when?) they drop out? Not sure they would. I could see them as a solid enough National League club, I suppose. They didn't get in the League until the 1950s, I think? That was back when it was a prosperous town with all the steelworks, but a lot has changed since then.

They need to get their ground back and sort their finances out. The National League are a lot less lenient than the EFL when it comes to teams entering administration.

Unless Swann writes their debt off, you can't see it having a positive ending.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 107
Northbank Mariner
October 16, 2021, 8:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Sorry but I have no sympathy for Scunny, they wollowed in our demise and took great pleasure in it, right now they are spiralling out of control with an egotistical prat at the helm
I don't want to see them out of business and no longer exist but I'd gladly put 2 fingers up to all their fans should they go down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 107
jaygy
October 16, 2021, 8:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Didnt lincoln follow us down to NL last time? Could be a bad omen for the other lincolnshire club this time around
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.