Reply: 10 - 107
Plankton
October 16, 2021, 4:29pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 38
I may no longer live in Lincolnshire but my thoughts are below.

I want us to get back up to the football league and I also want Scunthorpe to be there too. I take no delight in seeing a club experiencing difficulties at the hands of poor business management. Lincolnshire is the second largest county in England and the county is vastly underrepresented in footballing terms compared to its size. Another team in our county going down is a massive shame to all of us and is going to be a detriment going forward. We need local and quality teams  to draw talent to pursue our own goals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 107
supertown
October 16, 2021, 4:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,440
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Plankton

I want us to get back up to the football league and I also want Scunthorpe to be there too. I take no delight in seeing a club experiencing difficulties at the hands of poor business management. Lincolnshire is the second largest county in England and the county is vastly underrepresented in footballing terms compared to its size. Another team in our county going down is a massive shame to all of us and is going to be a detriment going forward. We need local and quality teams  to draw talent to pursue our own goals.

balderdash to em
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 107
ivanosandwich
October 16, 2021, 4:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from Plankton

I know I should agree.....but it's Scunny, so no, sorry I can't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 107
exiledmeggie
October 16, 2021, 5:00pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / -6
Approval: -221
Gold Stars: 18
I understand that the guy who padlocked the gates at the Old Show Ground placed the keys in a dish on the table, hoping that he does get the b1tch with four legs tonight!

Living in Exile since 1980, but still have Black and White blood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 107
Heisenberg
October 16, 2021, 5:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,933
Gold Stars: 93
Attendance 2,140……..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 107
buckstown
October 16, 2021, 5:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,172
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Heisenberg
Attendance 2,140……..

Wow, that is bad
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 107
jamesgtfc
October 16, 2021, 5:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,938
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Heisenberg
Attendance 2,140……..

Their Supporters Trust need to stop getting into bed with Swann appealing for fans to attend and start representing the views of the supporters they are supposed to represent.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 107
moosey_club
October 16, 2021, 5:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,180
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from exiledmeggie
I understand that the guy who padlocked the gates at the Old Show Ground placed the keys in a dish on the table, hoping that he does get the b1tch with four legs tonight!

The same guy nailed his season ticket to a telegraph pole outside the ground as part of the protest....he went home and sat and stewed....the more he pondered the doubts crept in so he went back to the ground only to find some lousy b@st@rd had taken the nail.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 107
KingstonMariner
October 16, 2021, 5:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Plankton

I agree with your general sentiment, but Lincs is only the 2nd biggest county by area. By population it is modest. At < 1.1m it’s 18th.

Besides, it’d be nice for Scunny to have a chance of struggling in non-League like us and Lincoln.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.