11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner_501
October 19, 2021, 10:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
They only had 86 fans there tonight. Reckon town would at least double that if it was in Plymouth on a Tuesday night already relegated
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 107
RonMariner
October 19, 2021, 11:15pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,545
Gold Stars: 225
They are sill only 3 points from safety so plenty of time for them to rescue the situation. I think some wishful thinking in play if we think they are as good as down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 107
ginnywings
October 19, 2021, 11:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from RonMariner
They are sill only 3 points from safety so plenty of time for them to rescue the situation. I think some wishful thinking in play if we think they are as good as down.

Dunno! They have that doomed vibe going on. The one we know all too well.

They've won something like 2 games out of the last 30 stretching over last season and this. Hard to put the brakes on when the slide starts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 107
KingstonMariner
October 19, 2021, 11:27pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Still a long way to go yet. So I won’t be indulging in any premature gloating. They’re still a division above us.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 107
DB
October 19, 2021, 11:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,974
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from ginnywings

Dunno! They have that doomed vibe going on. The one we know all too well.

They've won something like 2 games out of the last 30 stretching over last season and this. Hard to put the brakes on when the slide starts.

We went down with 43 points and scored 37 goals. They have played 13 games (about 1/3rd ) and have 8 points with 8 goals; 3 of those points came with their only win in August, which all looks like relegation form to me, hopefully.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 107
Poojah
October 19, 2021, 11:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,428
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from DB

We went down with 43 points and scored 37 goals. They have played 13 games (about 1/3rd ) and have 8 points with 8 goals; 3 of those points came with their only win in August, which all looks like relegation form to me, hopefully.

Yep, they have a PPG so far that extrapolates to 28 points over the course of the season. They might improve, but they have a transfer embargo, an owner who doesn’t want to spend any money, a poor squad and a manager out of his depth.

This is more an observation than a gloat; I’d be amazed if they find a way out of this.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 107
BeijingMariner
October 20, 2021, 4:46am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Mariner_501
They only had 86 fans there tonight. Reckon town would at least double that if it was in Plymouth on a Tuesday night already relegated

Interesting number, 86. I noticed that according to the match stats on flashscores Carlisle had 86% possession in the second half, that's quite incredible. Also there are only 12 points that separate Scunny from the play-offs. I agree it's very early to writing a team off but it certainly looks very hard to see a way that team/manager/director combo can make the changes needed.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 76 - 107
moss_side_mariner
October 20, 2021, 8:20am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from BeijingMariner

Interesting number, 86. I noticed that according to the match stats on flashscores Carlisle had 86% possession in the second half, that's quite incredible. Also there are only 12 points that separate Scunny from the play-offs. I agree it's very early to writing a team off but it certainly looks very hard to see a way that team/manager/director combo can make the changes needed.

Maybe Carlisle had all the possession because Newport had two players sent off

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 107
buckstown
October 20, 2021, 9:44am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,172
Gold Stars: 79
The comparisons between us last year and Scunny this are valid in my opinion, although for different reasons
They do seem to be in that downward spiral that's tough to escape. The manager is clearly not up to the job and the supporters appear to have given up looking at the numbers. If the owner was showing the slightest interest in their plight they could hold some hope, but he seems to have gone awol and they appear to be drifting to the cliff edge collectively
I honestly don't know if I feel sorry for them or I'm deliriously happy at their situation but probably erring towards sympathy. All in all it makes NE Lincs look like a joke and a hopeless backwater and as a proud Grimbarian that's not good
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 107
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 20, 2021, 10:43am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,196
Gold Stars: 291
Quoted from RonMariner

Scunny are bottom of the league and in a tailspin while we are top of our league, scoring goals for fun, playing football not seen since (cue Heavenly Chorus) Lord Alan and we have owners who care and seem like good people.

Wishful thinking? This has been the best 3 months of my f*cking life!

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.