jamesgtfc
September 22, 2021, 8:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,027
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from RonMariner

Crazy isn’t it. But then Mel Morris is a multi millionaire. He claims to have lost £200 million on the club. I think some of the players are on silly money too.

It's not like he's splashing that £4.7m on an established manager either!

It's an absolute mess but there aren't any assets to strip for a new owner. Any lunatic who does take it on is probably just kicking the can down the road and delaying the inevitable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 159
Hagrid
September 22, 2021, 9:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,475
Gold Stars: 536
Derby will go down of course, hope it doesnt keep Burnsys Love boys across the river up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 159
RonMariner
September 22, 2021, 10:10am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,773
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from jamesgtfc

It's not like he's splashing that £4.7m on an established manager either!

It's an absolute mess but there aren't any assets to strip for a new owner. Any lunatic who does take it on is probably just kicking the can down the road and delaying the inevitable.

I bet he paid Lampard a similar amount too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 159
Heisenberg
September 22, 2021, 10:26am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,097
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from ginnywings

Are you saying you queued all night for trainers?

The world's gone mad.  

For some time I’ve thought that Aldi was the sanest one on this forum, but not anymore after that confession about the trainers!! Never heard of anyone doing that before. It’s not like queuing for the last Harry Potter book or a much anticipated LP in the old days, I sort of understood those, but trainers?! What if they didn’t have your size?!! I’d go postal on them if that happened.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 159
Manchester Mariner
September 22, 2021, 11:19am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,819
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Heisenberg

For some time I’ve thought that Aldi was the sanest one on this forum, but not anymore after that confession about the trainers!! Never heard of anyone doing that before. It’s not like queuing for the last Harry Potter book or a much anticipated LP in the old days, I sort of understood those, but trainers?! What if they didn’t have your size?!! I’d go postal on them if that happened.

I often see queues snaking outside of trainer shops in Manchester before work. They even stick bouncers on the door sometimes and have one in/one out systems. I'm told by a younger fella I work with that a lot of them are limited editions which will be sold on for profit. It's a different time.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 159
Meza
September 22, 2021, 11:39am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,645
Gold Stars: 50
isn't about time someone should start looking into this.  

For me It all starts from the Premier League (100M) compared to the money in the Championship (10M).  The Premier League are never going to part with their money and the way they went about setting up the Prem was similar to the Super League but that was accepted (as it also involved the other Leagues.  I think we should go back to when you can only spend based on attendances, this will stop teams like Salford, etc and other clubs.  Problem with this there will always be an argument based on "you cant tell me how much i can/cannot spend", but it should only be based on players, so if Salford have the money they can improve the infrastructure but the playing side needs to be based on attendances as an example.

Other than giving the EFL & National League more money it never not change.  Who's to say that Sky or BT (probably more BT) might only offer reduced terms so instead of 100M its now only 50M,

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 159
RichMariner
September 22, 2021, 12:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,143
Gold Stars: 209
I think Findlater's replacement at the Telewag knows quite a lot of detail about the state the Championship is in. Pretty sure I read a piece written by him about the damage that PL parachute payments create in that league.

The payments give relegated clubs such a massive advantage that other Championship clubs, like Derby, have to overspend to have half a chance of competing.

Norwich would've ordinarily lost their best players, e.g. Cantwell, when they last got relegated from the Prem, but the parachute payments meant they could afford to keep him on a PL contract and, hey presto, they went straight back up. Same at Watford.

A team like Huddersfield, who coined it in for two seasons, have banked that cash and cut their cloth accordingly. I reckon they're in a very healthy position off the field. It's only a matter of time before teams fall all around them and they'll have their time again.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 56 - 159
DB
September 22, 2021, 2:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from RichMariner
I think Findlater's replacement at the Telewag knows quite a lot of detail about the state the Championship is in. Pretty sure I read a piece written by him about the damage that PL parachute payments create in that league.

The payments give relegated clubs such a massive advantage that other Championship clubs, like Derby, have to overspend to have half a chance of competing.

Norwich would've ordinarily lost their best players, e.g. Cantwell, when they last got relegated from the Prem, but the parachute payments meant they could afford to keep him on a PL contract and, hey presto, they went straight back up. Same at Watford.

A team like Huddersfield, who coined it in for two seasons, have banked that cash and cut their cloth accordingly. I reckon they're in a very healthy position off the field. It's only a matter of time before teams fall all around them and they'll have their time again.

He might be a wizz kid on the championship but unfortunately, we're not. He'd better start learning his stuff about the NL, a league whose management changed grants into loans by misleading clubs. A league whose rules state they should not go into the red but ok'd it for covid and punished Dover for staying solvent. A league that the sooner we're out of the better.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 159
GollyGTFC
September 22, 2021, 3:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,036
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from RonMariner
Someone will step in and buy them. They won’t need to buy the ground, they will rent it. HMRC will do a deal to be paid back over a number of years. The wage bill will be slashed by the administrators to allow them to operate. Rooney, who is on £90k per week will be one of the first to go.

They will most likely end up in L1 but will survive and the whole cycle will begin again.

The administrator can’t just tear up player and coaching staff contracts. All football debts have to be settled in full.

And Mel Morris has chosen to pull the plug- he has the finances to honour the spending he authorised. He’s just decided to not put another penny in. What makes you think he’s going to be generous over Pride Park?

The big difference with Wigan is that Wigan had assets (Stadium & Training Ground) and their previous owner (the one who forced the guy who then put them into admin into buying the club after a game of roulette) wrote off a huge amount of debt to help them out.

Derby owe huge amounts to the HMRC & other football clubs and have no assets.

When Mel Morris bought Derby they were fairly prudently run & were losing about £1m a season. Within 3 years Mel Morris trebled their wage bill as well as spending huge amounts on transfer fees. Quite incredible losses when you consider they got £20m for Frank Lampard.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 58 - 159
toontown
September 22, 2021, 4:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from GollyGTFC

The administrator can’t just tear up player and coaching staff contracts. All football debts have to be settled in full.

And Mel Morris has chosen to pull the plug- he has the finances to honour the spending he authorised. He’s just decided to not put another penny in. What makes you think he’s going to be generous over Pride Park?

The big difference with Wigan is that Wigan had assets (Stadium & Training Ground) and their previous owner (the one who forced the guy who then put them into admin into buying the club after a game of roulette) wrote off a huge amount of debt to help them out.

Derby owe huge amounts to the HMRC & other football clubs and have no assets.

When Mel Morris bought Derby they were fairly prudently run & were losing about £1m a season. Within 3 years Mel Morris trebled their wage bill as well as spending huge amounts on transfer fees. Quite incredible losses when you consider they got £20m for Frank Lampard.

Will any of their players be going cheap then - we need an understudy to Mcatee
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 159
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Derby County going in to admin

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.