September 18, 2021, 8:25pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Les Brechin

Apart from when we play at Alfreton!

We (as in my mate and I-not The Trust) were talking to the police football co-ordinator and he said most of those causing trouble had banning orders at Derby.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 159
KingstonMariner
September 18, 2021, 8:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Sandford1981

We had/have a trust and we still had 20 years of abject misery at the hands of he who shall no longer be named!

The trust haven’t been around for 20 years. Not enough people joined it never had the power until gifted the shares by Mike Parker, and then it was blackmailed into giving some up. Fenty was not the fault of the Trust but arguably the people that stood on the sidelines and did nothing.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 159
Sandford1981
September 18, 2021, 9:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from KingstonMariner

The trust haven’t been around for 20 years. Not enough people joined it never had the power until gifted the shares by Mike Parker, and then it was blackmailed into giving some up. Fenty was not the fault of the Trust but arguably the people that stood on the sidelines and did nothing.

You're right and I absolutely agree Fenty was not the fault of the trust, Fenty is responsible for Fenty.
I’m a trust member and was in no way, shape or form casting aspersions on them.
I was making the point having a trust doesn’t necessarily stop a football club being run terribly despite fans having a voice.
We being the case in point even if we didn’t have the voice for all of those years.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 159
GollyGTFC
September 21, 2021, 7:05am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Some of the figures in the Derby administration are incredible. I don’t see how they can possibly avoid being liquidated. No one with any sense will touch them…

1) Realistically they are going to be in L1 next season with a huge drop in revenue.

2) They owe HMRC £26m and that will need repaying in full.

3) All football debts need to be paid in full.

4) All on going football contracts need to be honoured (approx £1m a month) and they don’t have relegation clauses in their player contracts.

5) They don’t own Pride Park or their training ground. No assets for the administrator to sell to fund continuing to operate. (The DW Stadium and training ground were key to Wigan being rescued. The stadium was packaged with club and sold together & PNE bought their training complex).

So even if somebody buys the club for £1 they will have to settle all the debts (£50m approx) and carry on funding the club (£1m a month in FLC but will be much higher in L1) until contracts run down and costs can be controlled. And on top of that they’ll have to buy Pride Park & the training ground from Mel Morris- around £70m based on what was received by DCFC when they were sold.

Can’t see them being rescued. Liquidation seems the most likely outcome unless a billionaire suddenly comes out the woodwork. But can’t see that happening as club has been for sale for 3 years and no one has come forward with an offer.

Could be good news for Scunny. 23rd in L2 will get a reprieve if Derby are liquidated.

Oh and I listened to Mel Morris’ hour long interview with BBC Radio Derby from Sunday. He reminded me of Peter Swann.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 159
toontown
September 21, 2021, 7:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Some of the figures in the Derby administration are incredible. I don’t see how they can possibly avoid being liquidated. No one with any sense will touch them…

1) Realistically they are going to be in L1 next season with a huge drop in revenue.

2) They owe HMRC £26m and that will need repaying in full.

3) All football debts need to be paid in full.

4) All on going football contracts need to be honoured (approx £1m a month) and they don’t have relegation clauses in their player contracts.

5) They don’t own Pride Park or their training ground. No assets for the administrator to sell to fund continuing to operate. (The DW Stadium and training ground were key to Wigan being rescued. The stadium was packaged with club and sold together & PNE bought their training complex).

So even if somebody buys the club for £1 they will have to settle all the debts (£50m approx) and carry on funding the club (£1m a month in FLC but will be much higher in L1) until contracts run down and costs can be controlled. And on top of that they’ll have to buy Pride Park & the training ground from Mel Morris- around £70m based on what was received by DCFC when they were sold.

Can’t see them being rescued. Liquidation seems the most likely outcome unless a billionaire suddenly comes out the woodwork. But can’t see that happening as club has been for sale for 3 years and no one has come forward with an offer.

Could be good news for Scunny. 23rd in L2 will get a reprieve if Derby are liquidated.

Oh and I listened to Mel Morris’ hour long interview with BBC Radio Derby from Sunday. He reminded me of Peter Swann.

Wow. Does liquidation effectively mean ceasing to exist then? So have to start again as a phoenix club?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 159
GollyGTFC
September 21, 2021, 8:08am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from toontown

Wow. Does liquidation effectively mean ceasing to exist then? So have to start again as a phoenix club?

Yes, the same as Chester, Halifax, Darlington, Macclesfield and others.

Wigan only realistically survived because early in their administration the training ground was sold to Preston North End and that gave the administrators enough money to continue trading. Derby have no tangible assets that can be sold to raise money.

Derby’s administration will be short. Someone with more money than sense will come forward or they’ll be liquidated. I can’t see any middle ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 159
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 21, 2021, 9:24am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,190
Gold Stars: 291
You could see a billionaire stepping in at the last minute when the buying price has hit rock bottom because the potential at that club is enormous - as mentioned earlier, average crowds of 26000 in the championship.

All the other clubs who have gone to the wall (Chester, Maidstone, Bury, Aldershot etc) couldn't dream of those kinds of crowds. If every fan pays an average of 20 quid per game that's 520 000 quid per game before food, merchandise, sponsorship etc etc

And the city of Derby loves that club, they would get behind a benefactor who they believed had their, the city and the club's interests at heart. A bit like what is happening at another club that we all know well...

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 159
TownSNAFU5
September 21, 2021, 11:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,848
Gold Stars: 42
Yes, Derby have potential, history and can attract big gates.  They were Prem (equiv) champions in living memory and reached the semi-finals of the European Cup.

These factors are no use to them now though. History seems to count for very little.

Leeds and Forest went further in the European Cup (when it was only for league champions). and they had or have serious financial problems still, look at Forest now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 159
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 21, 2021, 11:33am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,190
Gold Stars: 291
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Yes, Derby have potential, history and can attract big gates.  They were Prem (equiv) champions in living memory and reached the semi-finals of the European Cup.

These factors are no use to them now though. History seems to count for very little.

Leeds and Forest went further in the European Cup (when it was only for league champions). and they had or have serious financial problems still, look at Forest now.

I am the last person to say that these clubs 'deserve' to be higher up the league, my point was all about how much money you can generate with crowds of 26000+ on a regular basis. It can paper over a lot of cracks.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 159
psgmariner
September 21, 2021, 3:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Reading are looking likely to join them as well.

Plus all is not rosy at Hull.

Championship is a bit of basket case all round as clubs gamble on making it to 'the promised land'.

Private Message
Reply: 39 - 159
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Derby County going in to admin

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.