12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Oly1987
September 14, 2021, 10:09pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
had to leave 5 mins early to miss the traffic and get to work on time so missed the 3rd goal but another fantastic result for Town and the ground was absolutely buzzing when the 1st and 2nd went in. We tired in the second half and it showed but that was due to the hard work done in the first half. Referee was typically shocking but we are managing to get results despite that. Roll on Saturday will be there again and hopefully riding another wave of optimism. UTMM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
mimma
September 14, 2021, 10:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,566
Gold Stars: 78
Their goal was down to the ref, shocking decision.  First was a brilliant  first time ball for Sousa to hit back across the goal and Taylor did brilliantly the get in front of the defender to slide it in. Second a bullet corner to the edge of the box and Waterfall run onto it to power into the top corner. Max harried the center half onthe halfway line, the ballreboanded off him and he showed the center half a clean pair of heels to round the keeper. Three brilliant goals.

Can't ever remember a team like we have now, playing for each other chasing and carrying. They played their part in a pulsating game and look a good side but we matched them. Roll on Saturday!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 112
ginnywings
September 14, 2021, 10:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Get the intercourse in.

We beat them by sheer force of will. Prime example being McAtee chasing another lot cause, which led to a corner from which Waterfall put us in front. First goal was a lightning break from Sousa, great cross to the near post and another great finish from Taylor.

We tired second half and that's where our lack of strikers came to the fore. We needed to bring Taylor off but had no-one to replace him.

They had all the possession but didn't do much with it and Macca barely had a save to make. They looked to me like a side tat thought they just have to turn up to win but we just ground them down. The third scored by Max nearly lifted the roof off.

Thought Towler looked very good and Sousa ran them ragged before going off spent. Harry never stopped running and McAtee was his usual bundle of energy. Hunt and Coke are building a very good partnership in the middle. Waterfall looks reborn. Goals from all over the team.

The positivity around the place is a million miles from the aura of negativity that's been around the club for years.

Something is building down at BP. Roll on Saturday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 112
ginnywings
September 14, 2021, 10:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Forgot to say that I thought the contentious tackle in the build up to their goal looked fine from where I was sat. He looked like he won the ball cleanly to me, but we hesitated waiting for a free kick that didn't come.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 112
MuddyWaters
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,237
Gold Stars: 235
Great team performance. Alex Hunt is pure quality but MoM has to be the reborn Luke Waterfall. Sensational.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 112
chipsandgravy
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
You have to hand it to Hurst. He got rid of the deadwood and built what looks like a great team spirit just like he did last time.
I know its easy to say when we've won but I have no doubt that that spirit will be invaluable on days when it doesn't go our way. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 112
blundellpork
September 14, 2021, 10:34pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from ginnywings
Forgot to say that I thought the contentious tackle in the build up to their goal looked fine from where I was sat. He looked like he won the ball cleanly to me, but we hesitated waiting for a free kick that didn't come.

Agree. It looked a fair but firm challenge to me too. They took their goal well, whilst we paused expecting the whistle to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 112
Germo66
September 14, 2021, 10:34pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +120
Gold Stars: 1
Boy did I enjoy that, it was like the Mariners of old. Well done lads you got the result your effort deserved
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 112
moosey_club
September 14, 2021, 10:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Almost a carbon copy of Saturday, one down, fight back, sit back and get another on the break.

Not the prettiest but as I said after Saturday, this team has spirit and everyman worked his socks off for the team.100% effort, commitment and belief.

Hollywood ....you are having a laugh.

UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 112
promotion plaice
September 14, 2021, 10:42pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Great atmosphere and result and well played to all the lads but the unsung hero tonight for me was Towler, what a player, way above our level, we are lucky to have him.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 112
12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.