Withnail
September 15, 2021, 12:06am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,425
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Great team performance. Alex Hunt is pure quality but MoM has to be the reborn Luke Waterfall. Sensational.

Waterfall. Bye Bye Badman. I am the Resurrection. I Wanna Be Adored.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 112
KingstonMariner
September 15, 2021, 12:07am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Interesting to read that you thought the second half passed without incident Tommy. It felt much less calm listening to the commentary. Obviously you were there so had a better idea than us listening to JT.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 112
Maringer
September 15, 2021, 12:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
They had a 10 minute spell during the second half where they got too much of the ball, put some awkward crosses into the box and left McKeown flapping, but it didn't really come to anything as the defenders did their job and Wrexham weren't able to build up a head of steam, even though we were obviously tired. I was expecting more from Wrexham, truth be told, but it's not often that I've seen us able to run down the clock in a relatively relaxed manner like that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 112
Tommy
September 15, 2021, 12:13am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Interesting to read that you thought the second half passed without incident Tommy. It felt much less calm listening to the commentary. Obviously you were there so had a better idea than us listening to JT.

Yeah, it wasn't that it was boring, and there were plenty of times were Wrexham put crosses into our box. But our defence stood up to all of it. And other than a couple of great blocks by Crookes (i think), they didn't have a chance 2nd half and Macca didnt have a save to make that I can remember.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 112
KingstonMariner
September 15, 2021, 12:15am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Tommy

Yeah, it wasn't that it was boring, and there were plenty of times were Wrexham put crosses into our box. But our defence stood up to all of it. And other than a couple of great blocks by Crookes (i think), they didn't have a chance 2nd half and Macca didnt have a save to make that I can remember.

👍

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 112
lee65
September 15, 2021, 12:16am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Withnail

Waterfall. Bye Bye Badman. I am the Resurrection. I Wanna Be Adored.

Ahead of his goal he walked forward talking to Hunt, arm around his shoulder, obviously suggesting where to put the corner, and the great thing about Hunt is he’s good enough to do it  

Excellent guidance from the experienced old hand
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 112
forza ivano
September 15, 2021, 12:16am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,136
Gold Stars: 265
great thread this - so many good points and truisms in it

let's not (and this mainly means us the fans) get complacent and expect to be rolling over the 'smaller' teams. We had 6 years of regular embarrassments which should be a lesson to us. Every game we stay unbeaten the more of  a target we become and all the more teams will start to just shut up shop
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 112
ex-merseymariner
September 15, 2021, 12:17am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,397
Gold Stars: 9
[quote=697] Wrexham had a lot of the ball in their back line 2nd half because they had the extra man that McAtee/Taylor couldn't cover, but there was nothing dangerous. But while there's only one goal in it, they're always in with a chance /quote]

Yeah they used to have a good centre half, think he left in the summer, Shaun someone 🙂....

I was more scored of the ref than Wrexham, although Crookes' block was pretty awesome as it looked like they'd found a way through.

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 112
HerveJosse
September 15, 2021, 12:18am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,122
Gold Stars: 134
Mcatee reminds me of Cantona , the class ,where he plays on the pitch and the outside of the boot half volley passes. Also transformed by a 30 mile journey down the motorway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 112
Poojah
September 15, 2021, 12:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,489
Meet GTFC, the dirty bìtch of the National League. We just fúcking love taking it from behind.

*Will add something more constructive tomorrow. Near two hour drive home and need to sink a couple of beers to calm down after that.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 112
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.