12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
BottesfordMariner
September 15, 2021, 3:36pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
I thought last night was a real sign that good things could be around the corner.

Wrexham were a good side with plenty of talent. In Mullin they have a true poacher. They will undoubtably be challenging for the title come May.

But why can't Town be based on the start so far. Town played great, tired a bit as the 2nd half wore on but stood firm and dug in when they had to. What all good teams do. And I think Town have the making of a good side.

It was a true team performance last night. Everyone worked for each other. We played some good football as well.

3 game in a row we have come from behind to win. When was the last time that happened?  In seasons past going a goal down was effectively game over. Yet last night I always believed Town would get back in it.

Strong performances all round. All played their part in a great win.

Like everyone has said Waterfall was immense. MOM. Won everything. He and Towler looked very strong together. Capped it with a storming header for the 2nd.

Clifton as always 100%. McAtee backs up his obvious talent with unbelievable workrate. I think Scunny will soon regret letting him go.

Taylor a clever intelligent player. Great goal. Sousa always looking to make things happen.

And not forgetting Hunt. Outstanding set piece delivery at free kicks and corners. For the first time in ages we look a real threat at corners. I really hope we can talk Wednesday into extending his loan but from what I have seen could play L1 now no probs.

I am not one for getting carried away too soon but this team has already shown great character and team spirit this season. Fans are behind them. Roll on Saturday. I can't wait. And i cant remember thinking that for quite some time.

UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 112
IrishMariner
September 15, 2021, 3:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +613
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from BottesfordMariner
McAtee backs up his obvious talent with unbelievable workrate. I think Scunny will soon regret letting him go.

It may have taken a move to be managed by Hurst for him to spark into life.

I remember watching the interview with PH when he was signed and he was struggling to contain his excitement as he knew he had a real player, I've never seen him as enthusiastic to sign someone!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 112
jamesgtfc
September 15, 2021, 3:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,956
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from IrishMariner

It may have taken a move to be managed by Hurst for him to spark into life.

I remember watching the interview with PH when he was signed and he was struggling to contain his excitement as he knew he had a real player, I've never seen him as enthusiastic to sign someone!

I remember similar. What we already knew was that McAtee had been given a contract by Hurst at Shrewsbury and then Scunthorpe but his goal return was pretty poor on paper.

Hurst made a point of saying he's an excellent finisher and McAtee made a point of saying he can't wait to work with Hurst again.

As you look to build a new culture, you need to get some people in who fully understand and support your methods. Step forward McKeown, Pearson, Sears, McAtee, LJL and I guess you can add Coke to that too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 112
Les Brechin
September 15, 2021, 3:59pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,708
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from BottesfordMariner

Clifton as always 100%. McAtee backs up his obvious talent with unbelievable workrate. I think Scunny will soon regret letting him go.

I thought that Scunny offered him a new deal but he turned it down to sign for us. Might be wrong though, but I'm sure I read that before.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 112
Maringer
September 15, 2021, 4:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
The surprising thing is that I seem to recall some of the Scunny fans were pleased to see him go because he was lazy and didn't get involved in games? The absolute opposite of what we've seen so far!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 112
TownSNAFU5
September 15, 2021, 4:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
Les, I read that he turned down a contract at Scunny as well.   As well coming here!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 112
mimma
September 15, 2021, 4:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Scunny only offered him a year long contract, we offered him a two year contract.  It was the longer contract that sealed the deal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 112
Mayaman
September 15, 2021, 4:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Maringer
The surprising thing is that I seem to recall some of the Scunny fans were pleased to see him go because he was lazy and didn't get involved in games? The absolute opposite of what we've seen so far!

Far from lazy.   He never stops and finds time to gee up the crowd and the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 112
oochiad
September 15, 2021, 4:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,716
Gold Stars: 28
Mcatees a player who clearly appreciates our support behind him, can’t imagine he felt any of that at scunny.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 112
AussieMariner
September 15, 2021, 5:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Would have been tempting for PH to replace Souza with Pearson to protect the lead
Instead he brought on Max W who scores to protect the win
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 112
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.