Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 1878 vindicated?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 217 Guests

1878 vindicated?

This thread currently has 16,888 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
January 13, 2022, 3:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from White_shorts

Is that really true, James? You're not exaggerating? That is worse than I imagined for a single exit car park and one of the reasons I think Freemo would be better than Grimsby West or Peaks Parkway.

I've sat in it myself before so I'm definitely not exaggerating.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 103
Gaffer58
January 13, 2022, 4:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Just talked to a scunny supporter mate and he says it only takes him 3 minutes to get out of their car park, did then say that that’s the usual time for their support but when Town are there then yes it’s up to an hour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 103
forza ivano
January 13, 2022, 7:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
ffs - is this white shorts bloke for real? he only ever posts on historical threads, and always about the new stadium we are not going to get.
can't you find some whats app or facebook group to share your obsession with?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 103
Azimuth
January 13, 2022, 9:14pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from forza ivano
might get a few red crosses for this, but here goes

Wonder if yesterday vindicated 1878's view that we don't need the expense of a new ground when we haven't or can't exploit Blundell Park to it's maximum potential?
With everything going for it yesterday , weather, new regime, 18 month absence, improved match day experience , near record season ticket sales etc etc etc there were still only about 5000 home fans there, leaving almost 2000 seats unfilled, and that's without exploiting the potential of using the Ossie for home fans

Lucky to get 5000 in given our abysmal run of form,it will continue to drop and 1878 will have lost the momentum we gained at the beginning of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 103
White_shorts
February 25, 2022, 5:15pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -647
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from ska face
Absolutely relentless this bloke. Drags up a 4-month old thread just to plug Freemo once again.

What’s the interest, White Shorts? How much do you stand to make (or lose?) off the back of a stadium being built at Freemo or not?

I don't stand to make or lose anything. I just think it is a much better location for a community stadium than the outskirts of town, surrounded by a vast car park that is only full on 23 days a year.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 103
White_shorts
February 25, 2022, 5:25pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -647
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from jamesgtfc

The funding has to work for the club too. Many clubs that move don't actually own their new stadium. I know many are owned by local councils but what is to stop them raising the rent in 10-15 years?

We need to own any new ground and it needs to be financed in a way that doesn't risk the future of the club.

I do think a proper evaluation of what exactly can be done with Blundell Park should be conducted though because it can be done at a pace to suit us. The old regime always dismissed it because it didn't include nice little earners for themselves. Isn't the land at Peaks Parkway owned by the Casswell family? That would be the Casswell family that one of Fentys' daughters is married to...

Am I the only person who is suspicious about this? That land was advertised for sale in 2019 with planning permission for a stadium. Presumably Fenty's in-laws would benefit financially from any development there.

Stockwood and Pettit were not living in a cave prior to taking over last year. They must know that the council and Freemen were keen on an East Marsh stadium.

Could a secret condition of the takeover have been relocation to Peaks Parkway?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 103
TreborMariner
February 25, 2022, 7:20pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -23
Quoted from White_shorts

Am I the only person who is suspicious about this? That land was advertised for sale in 2019 with planning permission for a stadium. Presumably Fenty's in-laws would benefit financially from any development there.

Stockwood and Pettit were not living in a cave prior to taking over last year. They must know that the council and Freemen were keen on an East Marsh stadium.

]]

The land is owned by NELC and was part of the land that was to be gifted to the club as part of the enabling project
unless the council sold it after the ground move was taken off the table which i doubt,
Most of the land around Waltham and new Waltham  is owned by Strawson with the Casswell's owning all their land nearer Tetney to Louth

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 103
ska face
February 25, 2022, 8:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from White_shorts

They’ll have done well to advertise it as such given that no such permission has been granted.
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 103
aldi_01
February 26, 2022, 6:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Shutes was the man talking about a new stadium, not Pettit or Stockwood and to this day I suspect that’s the reason he walked away from the deal. I don’t doubt he would’ve got the ground over the line but I think the other two saw there were more pressing issues before spunking a load of cash on a stadium…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 103
HertsGTFC
February 26, 2022, 1:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
I trust the new owners to do what’s in the best interests of the club at the appropriate time, do we have any other choice but to do that?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 1878 vindicated?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.