Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › European Super League (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 252 Guests

European Super League (merged)

This thread currently has 28,896 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 20, 2021, 10:46am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
There is a delicious irony here. The PL and FIFA and UEFA have treated the genuine fans and the smaller clubs like something on the bottom of their posh shoes. They have run the game for the past 2 decades to suit themselves and imposed stupid competitions and things like VAR.

Now that domination is threatened. Their monopoly is challenged by a bigger wallet. So what do they do? They cry shame and accuse that wallet of killing the game they were already well on the way to throttling. Then they have to cheek to try and enlist the support of the genuine (mainly EFL) fans in their hypocritical righteous anger when all it really means is one big business taking over a slightly smaller big business.

The fact is that unless you happen to be unfortunate and a true long term supporter of one of those clubs, it will make bu99er all difference. They have been playing their own game for so long now it is just a part of life, wave them bye bye if they want to go. Leave it to FIFA to sort out, it means nothing to us playing our local derby with Kings Lynn next year.

If it was me I would simply isolate them from the rest of football, let them set their own rules and make sure the words “soccer” and “association football” are patented so their organisation can’t use them, invite the rump of the PL to disband the PL and join the EFL. Then forget them.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 219
GrimExile
April 20, 2021, 10:55am
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
James Corden having a rant on the Late Late Show. Well worth a look and he puts his point over superbly. Apologies if this link has already been posted elsewhere but there’s 16 pages on the Super League and I didn’t have time to wade through the lot to check.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VbxvgwvaX_4
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 219
WesternMariner
April 20, 2021, 10:59am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +894
Gold Stars: 38
According to a yougov poll quoted on the BBC website 79% of football fans surveyed are against the super league.

[b][/b]ONLY 79% ???!!!

That poll shows once and for all that there’s a significant cuntish minority on the terraces who deserve everything that comes from this shitfest.

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 219
Limerick Mariner
April 20, 2021, 11:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,694
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from WesternMariner
According to a yougov poll quoted on the BBC website 79% of football fans surveyed are against the super league.

[b][/b]ONLY 79% ???!!!

That poll shows once and for all that there’s a significant cuntish minority on the terraces who deserve everything that comes from this shitfest.

They won't ever have been on the terraces though to be fair. executive box, executive seats yes, but not terraces...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 219
The Yard Dog
April 20, 2021, 11:05am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,498
Gold Stars: 74
The problem is the true fans of these may turn their backs on the clubs, but the market is much bigger in Asia than Europe.
These are people who will be happy subscribe to the European Super League.
Thats why we English clubs have had no pre-season friendies from top Premiership teams, to busy playing pre-season friendies in Asia.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 219
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 20, 2021, 11:06am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from GrimExile
James Corden having a rant on the Late Late Show. Well worth a look and he puts his point over superbly. Apologies if this link has already been posted elsewhere but there’s 16 pages on the Super League and I didn’t have time to wade through the lot to check.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VbxvgwvaX_4

Oh dear. The last person I would want to see saying anything about football. Another dollar grubber too. I haven’t looked but what does Beckham say about it?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 219
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 20, 2021, 11:17am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,270
Gold Stars: 304
I'm slightly nonplussed by the outpouring about this on The Fishy.

This is so far away from us. I personally feel it has nothing to do with me. We are already the impoverished relations in football and we're not going to be worse off as a result of this because we can't get worse off (in football terms). We won't lose money because we don't get any money from the current set up as it is.

My gut feeling is that Real can play Chelsea every other week for gazillions but we (and many clubs like us) will continue to plough our little backwater furrow in an alternative football universe.

Have we had 'The Hope' taken away from us? Not really, we're not going to win the EPL and want to play in the Super League. Hope for us is mid table in The Championship one day, right now it's that Southend and us win tonight.

Do I care that Liverpool or Arsenal are owned by Americans (or whatever)? Not really, that ship has sailed. Football at that level has been about money for years and if the 'big clubs' are run by money obsessed billionaires milking every cent then so what?

And what of 'the fans'? The working class heroes on the terraces? Please find me one Liverpool supporter who took a step back when they won the Champions League last time and said "we really need to think about how our win can benefit Grimsby Town". I'll be here waiting......

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 219
GrimExile
April 20, 2021, 11:18am
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36

Oh dear. The last person I would want to see saying anything about football. Another dollar grubber too. I haven’t looked but what does Beckham say about it?

Have you listened to it though? He talks a lot of sense and he spoke from the heart. Another dollar grubber? Maybe but the way he’s earning money does not effect the lives of others in a way that this Super League does. So to bracket him as the same as the Super League clubs is a little unfair I feel. #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 219
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 20, 2021, 11:32am
Special Brew Drinker
I'm slightly nonplussed by the outpouring about this on The Fishy.

This is so far away from us. I personally feel it has nothing to do with me. We are already the impoverished relations in football and we're not going to be worse off as a result of this because we can't get worse off (in football terms). We won't lose money because we don't get any money from the current set up as it is.

My gut feeling is that Real can play Chelsea every other week for gazillions but we (and many clubs like us) will continue to plough our little backwater furrow in an alternative football universe.

Have we had 'The Hope' taken away from us? Not really, we're not going to win the EPL and want to play in the Super League. Hope for us is mid table in The Championship one day, right now it's that Southend and us win tonight.

Do I care that Liverpool or Arsenal are owned by Americans (or whatever)? Not really, that ship has sailed. Football at that level has been about money for years and if the 'big clubs' are run by money obsessed billionaires milking every cent then so what?

And what of 'the fans'? The working class heroes on the terraces? Please find me one Liverpool supporter who took a step back when they won the Champions League last time and said "we really need to think about how our win can benefit Grimsby Town". I'll be here waiting......

Totally agree. While the greed galls me as a person, I am sure the Glazers have no interest at all in stumping up a subsidy for Town’s travelling army.

Private Message
Reply: 158 - 219
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 20, 2021, 11:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from heppy88
In an alternative universe with GTFC top of the premier league we just know King Fenty would be bashing his member all over the shop right now 😂

Who would you prefer? Macca?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 219
22 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › European Super League (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.