Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › European Super League (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 140 Guests

European Super League (merged)

This thread currently has 28,667 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
April 18, 2021, 9:18pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Quoted from Azimuth

Get a grip of yourself with the Stevebage obsession, tueu were below us at Christmas and are now well clear of relegation while we have fallen to the bottom of the football league, that is no accident, they and ourselves are where we are on the merit of our performances and the decisions of our respective managers.

Christ      

It was a shit gag based on how they stayed up last season despite finishing bottom (as already stated).

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 219
Yossarian
April 18, 2021, 9:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,098
Gold Stars: 18
I've realised I've not watched one single Champions League game this season.  

This new super league thing wont change that - you can't have foie gras, truffles and champagne everyday for lunch.  In a format they propose not all games are important.  A mid-table game is a mid-table game irrespective of it being PSG v Barca or Burnley v Everton.

Thank goodness I support a shithole team where these things dont matter.  I wonder what fans of Man Utd, Chelsea etc think of this?  And Spurs - who  have won feck all ever... how can they even be part of this.

Personally Id love to see any team who signs up for this out of the Prem.....  of course, that prob wonthappen.

And remember the geniuses who propose this league are all in charge of clubs in massive debt (Juve, Barca, Madrid etc)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 219
spuggybridge
April 18, 2021, 10:15pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +35
Got to agree with gaffer58, I've just said the same thing to the missus what about Leicester they have been bigger than both Arsenal and Spurs for the last few seasons. On another note why is everyone having a go at JUST Man Utd, there are six of the greedy $£%""£$% not just Man Utd, they have all got their snouts in the same trough
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 219
immariner
April 18, 2021, 10:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from scrumble
I'm watching Neville and co whining about it on TV, and I'm laughing my mammaries off at them. Going on about greed, and how this going to affect the league 1 and 2 clubs. Like anyone has given a excrement about this end of the league. The whole point of the Premier league was to ring fence the TV money for the top clubs, this is just the natural progression of that greed.

This. The hypocricy is rank. Talking about the history and identity of the football league being at stake. What about the history and identity of Salford City that him and his other class of 92 (fine year that was for the English game) cronies ran rough shod over, whilst letting his famiy's club, Bury, go to the wall?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 219
KingstonMariner
April 18, 2021, 11:46pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
How ironic that the Premier League has opposed it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 219
ginnywings
April 18, 2021, 11:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Latest statement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56795811

I've been falling out with football for a while now and this is just another step in the greed obsessed world of them and us.

I can't think that the players have been consulted if it means they won't be allowed to play in other competitions or for their countries. No player is going to agree to that surely.

I also wonder if managers like Guardiola who moan constantly about too many fixtures, have been consulted about playing mid week games in a European Super League.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 219
LH
April 19, 2021, 12:04am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Shankly will be turning at about 4.5billion RPM.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 219
chicaneuk
April 19, 2021, 12:11am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from spuggybridge
Got to agree with gaffer58, I've just said the same thing to the missus what about Leicester they have been bigger than both Arsenal and Spurs for the last few seasons. On another note why is everyone having a go at JUST Man Utd, there are six of the greedy $£%""£$% not just Man Utd, they have all got their snouts in the same trough

Joel Glazer is Vice Director of the new Super League so I guess suggests he is one of the architects of it and not just merely along for the ride. So I guess that does entitle a bit more of the scorn to be focussed on Man United.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 219
GollyGTFC
April 19, 2021, 12:15am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from KingstonMariner
How ironic that the Premier League has opposed it.

The Premier League setup is more democratic than the Football League was pre-1992. It’s one member one vote with a 14-6 majority required for changes.

Before the formation of the PL the Football League only had 44 “full” members who had voting rights (D1 & D2 clubs). The other 48 were just “associate” members (D3 & D4 clubs).

The PL was setup for the same reasons the PDC was setup in darts.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 58 - 219
Mariner16
April 19, 2021, 12:48am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +478
Gold Stars: 4
This is irreversible surely? The damage has been done. They've already got a website, left some European group, named the other 3 clubs. It is time for the PL, EFL, UEFA and FIFA to stop being soft as intercourse and make a statement that actually means something. I would even cancel the league cup final between 2 of the 6 next Sunday. balderdash to them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 219
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › European Super League (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.