9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 9, 2020, 3:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Think Bigdog produced a list a few months back showing average league attendances over the period each club has been a member of football league, seem to recall that town were currently in “league1” with an average over 7000, whilst both Lincoln and Scunny were in “league 2” with Lincoln above Scunny with average crowds quite a few hundred more than Scunny.

Honestly, as a town fan who grew up in Rasen and have lived in Lincoln since 1977, I have never took an interest in Scunthorpe and never regarded them as major competitors and appreciate for most town fans they are the big rival but Not for me. Most Lincoln fans I believe see Town as their big local rivals and in reality never hear them discuss Scunny either.

Suppose their bigger than Gainsborough but that’s about it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 84
promotion plaice
October 9, 2020, 3:31pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Think Bigdog produced a list a few months back showing average league attendances over the period each club has been a member of football league, seem to recall that town were currently in “league1” with an average over 7000, whilst both Lincoln and Scunny were in “league 2” with Lincoln above Scunny with average crowds quite a few hundred more than Scunny

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1589364134/

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 84
Les Brechin
October 9, 2020, 4:18pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,709
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Lincs Iron man
I won't be disappearing as very very confident this season now we have Cox in place and someone who knows the club.
Like I say it won't be king til we overtake Lincoln

I'm very surprised you want a bet tbh looking at your current plight

My charity is NSPCC lad

MIND THE GAP 😉

Our current plight!!  

Okay, we're currently bottom of the league but we do have 2 games in hand of everyone else, or put it another way, 4 points behind Scunny with 2 games in hand. I'm confident Ollie will turn it around and we'll be climbing up that table very soon.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 84
Lincs Iron man
October 9, 2020, 4:22pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -577
Six fingers? Funny enough that's what we call you lot.

Scunthorpe have always been your biggest rival and why would you want to go and live in Lincoln? It's a complete dump.
Scunthorpe is the Garden Town of the North

MIND THE GAP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 84
NorfolkImp
October 9, 2020, 5:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -519
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Think Bigdog produced a list a few months back showing average league attendances over the period each club has been a member of football league, seem to recall that town were currently in “league1” with an average over 7000, whilst both Lincoln and Scunny were in “league 2” with Lincoln above Scunny with average crowds quite a few hundred more than Scunny.

Honestly, as a town fan who grew up in Rasen and have lived in Lincoln since 1977, I have never took an interest in Scunthorpe and never regarded them as major competitors and appreciate for most town fans they are the big rival but Not for me. Most Lincoln fans I believe see Town as their big local rivals and in reality never hear them discuss Scunny either.

Suppose their bigger than Gainsborough but that’s about it.

Scunny have the advantage of entering the FL in the early 50's when virtually everyone had their record average attendances post WW2, whereas Town & Imps have the 1890's as part of their rich history, when the game was very much in its infancy.

Gainsborough is perhaps a tad harsh there LM56', but perhaps Boston is a more realistic comparison?

Private Message
Reply: 74 - 84
Cambridgefish
October 9, 2020, 9:01pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: -12
Gold Stars: 1
I won't be disappearing as very very confident this season now we have Cox in place and someone who knows the club.
Like I say it won't be king til we overtake Lincoln

I'm very surprised you want a bet tbh looking at your current plight

My charity is NSPCC lad

MIND THE GAP 😉

Scunthorpe have won one game this season and financially have lost £7.5 million over the last two seasons. Wow
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 84
Lincs Iron man
October 9, 2020, 11:17pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -577
How many games have you won??

How many goals have you scored 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 84
denni266
October 10, 2020, 4:53am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
Looks like the village idiot has parked his caravan outside poundworld so he can log on to there free wifi
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 84
Azimuth
October 10, 2020, 6:14pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 60
How many games have you won??

How many goals have you scored 😉

How did you get on today against village green?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 84
NorfolkImp
October 10, 2020, 7:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -519
Gold Stars: 11
An off day for The Imps, although Montsma netted his 6th goal of the season (not bad for a defender)

Small margins went against us, a stonewall pen not given, then Bris Rovers get one when the initial contact was outside of the box. The Gas were well organised defensively and probably edged it overall, so no complaints.

Private Message
Reply: 79 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gimps

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.