Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,809
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Garth

Exactly!
Appleton! Sir Winston Churchill, Margaret Thatcher, George Formby
Your boys took a hell of a beating

George Formby?!! What links did he have to the Gimps?

And I think Thatcher was from Grantham.

I've probably completely missed the point of your post above, and if I have I apologise, but it did still make me chuckle!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 84
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 25, 2020, 10:55am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +6,988
Gold Stars: 283
Don't worry Garth. I got it.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 84
ginnywings
September 25, 2020, 11:00am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
We've spent the last 15 years watching first Scunthorpe and now Lincoln leave us in the dust and the only joy we get is watching their demise. Not that losing to Liverpool is the demise of Lincoln, merely a reality check in the gulf between the leagues nowadays. They have pushed on in a way that once again leaves us in the dust after they got back into the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 84
Heisenberg
September 25, 2020, 11:09am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,809
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from ginnywings
We've spent the last 15 years watching first Scunthorpe and now Lincoln leave us in the dust and the only joy we get is watching their demise. Not that losing to Liverpool is the demise of Lincoln, merely a reality check in the gulf between the leagues nowadays. They have pushed on in a way that once again leaves us in the dust after they got back into the league.

That FA Cup run was the making of them financially.  A good cup run has been some years gone by for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 84
Marinerz93
September 25, 2020, 12:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Heisenberg

I've probably completely missed the point of your post above, and if I have I apologise, but it did still make me chuckle!

George Formby had a well known song called "When I'm cleaning windows" and as we all know Lincoln fans are toe eyed window lickers. There's at least 6 of them on here.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 84
Limerick Mariner
September 25, 2020, 4:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,553
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from Marinerz93

George Formby had a well known song called "When I'm cleaning windows" and as we all know Lincoln fans are toe eyed window lickers.

I thought it was because they all have little sticks...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 84
NorfolkImp
September 28, 2020, 3:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +10 / -10
Approval: -493
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from ginnywings

Well said Ginny, keeping clean sheets to good 3rd tier sides in Oxford & Charlton (who The Imps haven't played for 60 years) is no mean feet considering Appleton has only had 2 transfer windows. He has got rid of all but 2 of the players Danny Cowley brought in and had success with .... all with 40% of the budget too I might add.

Private Message
Reply: 16 - 84
pen penfras
September 28, 2020, 4:01pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Well said Ginny, keeping clean sheets to good 3rd tier sides in Oxford & Charlton (who The Imps haven't played for 60 years) is no mean feet considering Appleton has only had 2 transfer windows. He has got rid of all but 2 of the players Danny Cowley brought in and had success with .... all with 40% of the budget too I might add.

Probably quite fortunate since the last 2 sets of accounts saw over £3m in losses with selling out your ground every week. I imagine the last season was even bigger losses since it was cut short.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 84
NorfolkImp
September 28, 2020, 4:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +10 / -10
Approval: -493
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from pen penfras

Probably quite fortunate since the last 2 sets of accounts saw over £3m in losses with selling out your ground every week. I imagine the last season was even bigger losses since it was cut short.

The £1m compensation from Huddersfield definitely helped as their spending was unsustainable, hence the new model under Appleton lowering the age of the squad and thus wages as a result.

Sales for the likes of Toffolo also helped, plus vitally 4.5k of early ST sales for this 2020/21 season. The CEO also mentioned a upper end 6 figure £'s investment from the Board last week, following the announcement of no fans before March, to help tide things over.

Private Message
Reply: 18 - 84
Garth
September 28, 2020, 4:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from Heisenberg

"Turned out nice again" he he, one for us oldies
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gimps

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.