Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from mimma
Why can't people on here let it go FFS.

If I want to donate then I will do, if you don't want to then don't. I am not going to let other people's opinions get in the way of what I see is fit and proper thing to do.

Why bring all this nonsense into it? It's become another board / Fenty bashing exercise like every other thread on here.

I know I said I wasn’t going to post on here for a while because the negatively is seriously getting me down, but I must just say that I couldn’t agree with you more if I tried. Up the Mariners.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 146
louth_in_the_south
June 3, 2020, 8:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,686
Gold Stars: 96
I donated money to try to ensure that GTFC survive . I couldn’t give a fook about Marley etc right now .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 146
ginnywings
June 3, 2020, 11:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from mimma

If I want to donate then I will do, if you don't want to then don't. I am not going to let other people's opinions get in the way of what I see is fit and proper thing to do.

Why bring all this nonsense into it? It's become another board / Fenty bashing exercise like every other thread on here.

Maybe if the board were not so mealy mouthed about the fans contribution, we wouldn't be having this apparent split between those that want to contribute, and those that feel once bitten, twice shy.

I'm sure OP did put a fair amount of pressure on the board to succeed that season, but somehow it worked and we got promoted. The noises coming from BP should have been a big well done to the fans for raising £100,000+ in double quick time and move onward and upward. But no, they had to let it be known that promotion was achieved despite the input of the fans, not because of it. That's almost certainly true, but they should have kept that to themselves and let the fans bask in the belief that they had played a major role in the success. It's just good PR.

If some folk are pointing out that they won't be contributing, and are stating the reason why, that's their prerogative. Each to their own.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 146
lukeo
June 5, 2020, 5:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Cutting a long story short I've fairly recently been 'homeless' for a very short time and now living alone so not got much money spare to just throw away.
So I've convinced myself I need a 'spring jacket' as I have the gtfc jumper, gtfc hoody and big gtfc coat so I've just bought that and a few other bits and bobs from the club shop amounting just over £35..
I know it isnt much but it is something extra for the club I guess.Once I get myself back on my feet and sorted then I'm sure i'll be able to donate or purchase more stuff to help our fantastic club.

Ps Kind of the reason I haven't been logged in for a long time on here but I guess the only way is up now! UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 146
louth_in_the_south
June 6, 2020, 4:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,686
Gold Stars: 96
I might get shot down for this but I don’t think the money raised between the crowdfunding and shares purchasing should be used to pay the players wages . Nothing against the players as I have sympathy for their plight but I feel the ££ should be used to for the upkeep of the clubs assets so that we’re ready to go when football starts again . The way things are looking it’s highly probable that we’ll be looking at an entirely new squad next year so paying the shortfall of wages won’t matter in the short term .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 146
arryarryarry
June 6, 2020, 6:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from mimma

I can understand your view points but to suggest people are posting nonsense is cobblers, it is in the public domain what the board said about a previous donation so stop trying to pretend otherwise.
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 146
GYinScuntland
June 7, 2020, 1:28am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
I'm trying to pinpoint when exactly GTFC changed from a football club I support to a charity I'm expected to support.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 146
mimma
June 7, 2020, 2:08am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from arryarryarry

I can understand your view points but to suggest people are posting nonsense is cobblers, it is in the public domain what the board said about a previous donation so stop trying to pretend otherwise.

Maybe it wasn't nonsense at the time, but after all this time, the constant and incessant barrage of abuse towards the board is quite frankly getting bloody monotonous.. It's every thread they pounce on anything to bring it back up again and again. If you can't say anything new, the say nothing, if just to pacify the majority of Town fans, and boring old farts like me.

Thank you

UP THE MARINERS!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 146
BackHeelTony
June 9, 2020, 9:52pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +325
Gold Stars: 1
Could I suggest we spend a couple of hundred of this money on a   "only as good as you last game" banner to be displayed outside glanford park
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 146
Iknowyoursecret
June 10, 2020, 8:44pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
Trust said that people put money into op to buy Omar Bogle
Shut up says we didn’t

So one of them our lying,I believe in Shutups statement ,if this is correct where’s the op money gone if we didn’t pay for Omar and who did.Wheres the money gone then.Ive bought one 100 share this time but it still haunts us OPERATION PROMOTION.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 146
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Crowdfunding

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.