This thread currently has 31,877 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
May 24, 2020, 6:25pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,401
Gold Stars: 113
It's natural that people want to help out in some way, you have seen that all around the country with people helping one another. I don't see any other way of helping the club through this time so am happy to contribute.

If your favourite restaurant closes you can always find a similar one. Even if your church closed you could go to another one, but it doesn't work like that with football.

Nobody is asking for huge sums and it's completely voluntary. Just put in what you wouldnt miss. If you don't want to that's fine too.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 40 - 146
moosey_club
May 24, 2020, 7:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from GrimRob
It's natural that people want to help out in some way, you have seen that all around the country with people helping one another. I don't see any other way of helping the club through this time so am happy to contribute.

If your favourite restaurant closes you can always find a similar one. Even if your church closed you could go to another one, but it doesn't work like that with football.

Nobody is asking for huge sums and it's completely voluntary. Just put in what you wouldnt miss. If you don't want to that's fine too.

But its the best run club in the country and they have it covered apparently...so its not going out of business is it ? How about the actual directors of the club actually put some money up for once if its needed instead of relying on JF or a fans whip round to cover any/all debt ?

Back to GrimExile....members of the board dismissed OP in the way i stated, i even seem to recall another member of the board also said the money wasnt even used to buy Bogle but just went into the coffers and couldnt specifically have been ring fenced for that.

Anyway, each to their own this time round.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 146
chelseacity
May 24, 2020, 11:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +364
Gold Stars: 9
I was due to play golf on the Hotchkin course at Woodhall Spa this Thursday which has been cancelled, i will donate the £57.50 to the club instead, putting all personal opinions to one side i want the club to survive, if Richard can raise £50,000 that will go a long way towards survival, several other clubs will not survive, i don't want Town to be one of them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 146
Theimperialcoroner
May 25, 2020, 4:29am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,175
Gold Stars: 102
Given recent events, I simply could not support this. Good luck to Grimexile and that, those that know, know.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 146
Iknowyoursecret
May 25, 2020, 3:51pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
I take it the club are not raising this money but purely a fan of Gtfc,do we know much about this guy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 146
thefish
May 25, 2020, 5:31pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from Iknowyoursecret
I take it the club are not raising this money but purely a fan of Gtfc,do we know much about this guy

Don’t you know his secret too?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 146
SomeSanity
May 25, 2020, 6:09pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
This is one of those divisive subjects, but here is my two penneth for what it is worth.

Before committing any money to what I'm sure is a very worthy cause, I'd like to understand where the money is going first. Is it to boost the budget? I know Darlington are doing this, and have done this successfully over the past few years or is this just free money for nothing?

I would prefer this to handed to the Trust as a Trust initiative. The final figure donated being used as a donation via the purchase of shares, something in hindsight the OP money should have been invested in this way.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 146
louth_in_the_south
May 25, 2020, 7:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,671
Gold Stars: 94
I’ve got faith that the wedge I’ve put into the club this afternoon will only be used for the good of the club . Some will obviously say I’m naive but I don’t care !!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 146
Gaffer58
May 25, 2020, 7:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
When you give to a charity of your choice I’m sure people do not expect it to be spent on one particular project, it goes into one pot and is used by the charity as they see fit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 146
Stadium
May 25, 2020, 7:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Gaffer58
When you give to a charity of your choice I’m sure people do not expect it to be spent on one particular project, it goes into one pot and is used by the charity as they see fit.

Good point.
I'll pass thanks

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 146
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Crowdfunding

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.