15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
May 25, 2020, 8:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Philip Day has indicated ........"the money will be used on outgoings at a time when club income is down by 50%" ......so could be wages, could be the leccy bill, it will just be used as cash income and spent on whatever bill goes red first i guess.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 146
KingstonMariner
May 26, 2020, 12:04am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GrimExile

And with that money we bought Bogle who’s 2 goals got us back in the football league. Sorry you’re talking rubbish.

We know that but apparently according to Mr Marley it didn’t happen like that. If you were there at that infamous forum, or watched/listened to it on-line you would know what he said. Our esteemed former non-non-Chairman didn’t take the opportunity to correct him.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 146
KingstonMariner
May 26, 2020, 12:05am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from GrimExile

Then why was John Fenty at the OP party at McMenemy’s thanking everyone then?

Because he was basking in the reflected glory

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 146
KingstonMariner
May 26, 2020, 12:15am
Meths Drinker
I would find it hard to donate with the present regime. If the club folds and if people want to resurrect it, it will be reborn.

I thought the whole arm-twisting situation when the Trust gave him those shares was wrong. I was happy to chip in with Op Promotion in the interest of letting bygones be bygones, trying to be positive about the future and look at what happened.

You make the decisions John. It’s your toy.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 146
Iknowyoursecret
May 26, 2020, 8:11pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from GrimExile

And with that money we bought Bogle who’s 2 goals got us back in the football league. Sorry you’re talking rubbish.

Did we or did we not purchase Omar from op.Can somebody plz enlighten me plz.
Is it really worth putting money into the fundraiser ?
Is any of the board putting money into the fundraiser ?

All the best for the guy who’s started the fundraiser,personally I would prefer the mariners trust to run the crowdfunder BUT this guy got there first

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 146
moosey_club
May 26, 2020, 10:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Iknowyoursecret
Quoted from GrimExile

Did we or did we not purchase Omar from op.Can somebody plz enlighten me plz.

Is it really worth putting money into the fundraiser ?
Is any of the board putting money into the fundraiser ?

All the best for the guy who’s started the fundraiser,personally I would prefer the mariners trust to run the crowdfunder BUT this guy got there first

No.  It was stated at the fans forum Nov 2017, by the top table (Mr Marley i think)  that Omar had already been scouted and identified & budgeted for when the season budget was set and the O.P monies therefore werent needed for that and went elsewhere in the running costs.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 146
Iknowyoursecret
May 26, 2020, 11:14pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
Thanks for that moosey
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 146
forza ivano
May 31, 2020, 8:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,168
Gold Stars: 265
Almost at the £10,000 mark
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 146
aldi_01
June 1, 2020, 6:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I would find it hard to donate with the present regime. If the club folds and if people want to resurrect it, it will be reborn.

I thought the whole arm-twisting situation when the Trust gave him those shares was wrong. I was happy to chip in with Op Promotion in the interest of letting bygones be bygones, trying to be positive about the future and look at what happened.

You make the decisions John. It’s your toy.

They’ll be banishing you next for being negative and a doom merchant...ignoring that what you say is an opinion you’re entitled too, or often a fact...we all have to be happy clappers.

Interesting that yesterday I spoke with several town fans, some in a position of financial difficulty to some extent, a couple furloughed and some who’s economic situation hasn’t changed...(not) surprisingly, the ones who had donated were the ones who were currently in a economic/financial pressure state. Caught me by surprise to some extent.

What’s the phrase? Love is blind?

It’s just very odd that if someone criticised, raises questions or has a different view they’re a doom merchant. I was there that night Marley asked people ‘do you know who I am?’...when fans were told to shut up and the wheels literally came on and it was hard to watch. Far harder than seeing us lose 8-1 at Barnet or even Burton if I’m honest...many a fan lost their faith in the club, the board and things associated with them.

Few football fans stop going to watch their team, but many adapt different approaches. Some stop going to away games, others buy less in the club shop, some don’t really engage other than turning up at 14:58 on a Saturday and then leave...others continued as ever.

Nobody denies we love GTFC but sometimes it’s hard to like them.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 146
KingstonMariner
June 1, 2020, 8:42am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

They’ll be banishing you next for being negative and a doom merchant...ignoring that what you say is an opinion you’re entitled too, or often a fact...we all have to be happy clappers.

Interesting that yesterday I spoke with several town fans, some in a position of financial difficulty to some extent, a couple furloughed and some who’s economic situation hasn’t changed...(not) surprisingly, the ones who had donated were the ones who were currently in a economic/financial pressure state. Caught me by surprise to some extent.

What’s the phrase? Love is blind?

It’s just very odd that if someone criticised, raises questions or has a different view they’re a doom merchant. I was there that night Marley asked people ‘do you know who I am?’...when fans were told to shut up and the wheels literally came on and it was hard to watch. Far harder than seeing us lose 8-1 at Barnet or even Burton if I’m honest...many a fan lost their faith in the club, the board and things associated with them.

Few football fans stop going to watch their team, but many adapt different approaches. Some stop going to away games, others buy less in the club shop, some don’t really engage other than turning up at 14:58 on a Saturday and then leave...others continued as ever.

Nobody denies we love GTFC but sometimes it’s hard to like them.

I was there too. The guy Marley was a complete member and an idiot. The whole ambushing of Matt Dean was an embarrassing episode for anyone connected with the club.

To me if Fenty controls the club then he is the one responsible for its survival. He twisted the Trust’s arms to get those shares. It’s a situation he wanted. Anyone giving money now is just giving him money in effect. At the end of it he still calls the shots.

We don’t know how long this situation is going to go on for. It might be a bottomless pit. I’d rather keep my hand in my pocket and wait to see what happens.  If this were a bid by the Trust to take control of the club I’d think differently.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 146
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Crowdfunding

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.