15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
May 24, 2020, 10:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Ian Holloway did say the Oystons were decent too...just throwing that out there...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 146
Ipswin
May 24, 2020, 10:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from GrimExile

We have a club that Ian Holloway says is the best run club he has ever been involved with

Well in that case there's no need to pass the hat round then is there? After all if Saint Ian says it then it must be true

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 146
barralad
May 24, 2020, 12:05pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from aldi_01

I mean he’s not, but each to their own. Whether it bought Bogle or not, the club, the Lord Almighty himself poo pooed the money raised through OP and refused to acknowledge it was fan organised, off the cuff campaign that led to us purchasing a player who was part of a side that got us promotion. The club’s contempt for OP was there for all to see...

Sorry mate but as someone who worked day to day on Operation Promotion I can tell you that without the club's active support a fair few of the rewards on offer wouldn't have been possible. Hardly the actions of a body that was dead set against the crowdfunder. At the time the club were regularly sending messages of support and thanking fans for their efforts.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 146
marinerjase
May 24, 2020, 12:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 147
My own personal opinion is whilst I wholeheartedly admire and concur with the reasoning as to why this has been put in place - there’s some elements that I need more clarification on before contributing.  Everyone knows the Town support will help the club, renowned for it - but I feel there is a reluctance/apprehension/scepticism..whatever for some due to the last episode, which although the club did support - the hard work and appreciation of the few behind it was taken back by alleged comments by board members after. I’d like to see Bax’s thoughts in this in particular.

Of course that was then - this is now. Different reasons and urgency (I guess) as to the need and desire. Maybe the approach from those at the top has changed, their perspective and view/appreciation of the support now more understood because of current climate. Let’s hope so.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 146
Kris2
May 24, 2020, 3:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
I really think with crowdfunding you should be more clear on what the money will be used for and why. There are so many vague crowdfunders that vanish into a black hole and you never really know what good it did. At least in the past the idea of buying players and helping the team get promoted was there so you had some idea why you were donating.

This just feels like donate money and never see anything for it. It's about the same as those scam charity collectors on the streets of various countries in Europe that tourists freely hand over cash to with no idea what for .

For all we know this will do little more than pay the shareholders, of which the fans used to be until the few were talked into selling those shares to the majority shareholder and made a decision for the many without a vote.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 146
toontown
May 24, 2020, 3:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Kris2
I really think with crowdfunding you should be more clear on what the money will be used for and why. There are so many vague crowdfunders that vanish into a black hole and you never really know what good it did. At least in the past the idea of buying players and helping the team get promoted was there so you had some idea why you were donating.

This just feels like donate money and never see anything for it. It's about the same as those scam charity collectors on the streets of various countries in Europe that tourists freely hand over cash to with no idea what for .

For all we know this will do little more than pay the shareholders, of which the fans used to be until the few were talked into selling those shares to the majority shareholder and made a decision for the many without a vote.

I'm pretty sure there was a vote
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 146
arryarryarry
May 24, 2020, 4:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I've said for years that for all that for all of Fenty's criticisms he has ran a tight ship, we don't haemorrhage money and right now their pragmatic approach is ensuring we ride this storm. Day was only saying on Friday night that we don't anticipate kicking a ball in anger until October!

Didn't we urine around £3,000,000 up the wall by getting relegated into the Conference? You can correct me if I'm wrong but I am sure it was mentioned be a board member after the Burton game we would lose £500,000 a season by not being in the Football League
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 146
arryarryarry
May 24, 2020, 4:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Kris2

If you are referring to the shares held by the Trust, I thought they gave them away to JF, not sold them?
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 146
geir
May 24, 2020, 4:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from marinerjase
My own personal opinion is whilst I wholeheartedly admire and concur with the reasoning as to why this has been put in place - there’s some elements that I need more clarification on before contributing.  Everyone knows the Town support will help the club, renowned for it - but I feel there is a reluctance/apprehension/scepticism..whatever for some due to the last episode, which although the club did support - the hard work and appreciation of the few behind it was taken back by alleged comments by board members after. I’d like to see Bax’s thoughts in this in particular.

Of course that was then - this is now. Different reasons and urgency (I guess) as to the need and desire. Maybe the approach from those at the top has changed, their perspective and view/appreciation of the support now more understood because of current climate. Let’s hope so.

The football club is bigger and more important than any one of us. As long as Mr. Day or anyone else associated with the club doesn`t use the money for their personal gain I don`t care what happened in the past. Should comments in the past - however unfair or unjust - be the reason for, putting it bluntly, the club going under?  I don`t think so, and I would like to think that no person calling themselves a "fan" of Grimsby Town would like that to happen either.

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 146
GrimExile
May 24, 2020, 6:17pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Ipswin

Well in that case there's no need to pass the hat round then is there? After all if Saint Ian says it then it must be true

Do I take it you don’t rate Ian Holloway then Ipswin?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 146
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Crowdfunding

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.