Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 19 Guests

Coronavirus

This thread currently has 384,364 views. Print
347 Pages Prev ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... Next All Recommend Thread
supertown
March 22, 2020, 6:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
There are a few heavily opinionated people on here, maybe you should have more of a say and get involved in politics rather than just being armchair  gobshites.
I’m not a great fan of BoJo but he just can’t win can he , damned if he does damned if he don’t . For what it’s worth I actually think they are doing most things right , you can’t legally stop people seeing their mothers Scarface just like that, you ask and advise them, Even the pub closures are being done by consent , if they want to close the few that are non-consenting then they have to get emergency legislation.

Keep safe and take notice of the health advice that is being delivered by the politicians
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 590 - 3468
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
March 22, 2020, 6:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from supertown
There are a few heavily opinionated people on here, maybe you should have more of a say and get involved in politics rather than just being armchair  gobshites.
I’m not a great fan of BoJo but he just can’t win can he , damned if he does damned if he don’t . For what it’s worth I actually think they are doing most things right , you can’t legally stop people seeing their mothers Scarface just like that, you ask and advise them, Even the pub closures are being done by consent , if they want to close the few that are non-consenting then they have to get emergency legislation.

Keep safe and take notice of the health advice that is being delivered by the politicians

Can you legally ask doctors to decide whether to choose to put patient A OR patient B on the final ventilator available in the ICU overspill ward in the hospital car park, or can you just ask and advise them?

Asking for a loved one

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 591 - 3468
codcheeky
March 22, 2020, 6:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from supertown

Perhaps he cannot win and I am sure he is following scientific advice (scientists do not all agree !), but telling folks stay in then saying go to the park or a walk seems like madness, Isolating the most vulnerable seems a good idea but even the advice around this seems unclear. He is not going to be taking these decisions lightly or personally but he does need to step up and show a bit more leadership and firmness.
A full explanation of our strategy as why it is so different to Italy and Spain would also help
Private Message
Reply: 592 - 3468
rancido
March 22, 2020, 6:18pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,612
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I really thought that you were brighter than this Rancido. Your example from Australia just underlined Ska’s point. Governments need to take a strong line because there are so many dickheads in the population. The first duty of any government is to protect its people. When people are acting in a manner that threatens other people’s health and life, they should be stopped.

I have just listened to the latest statemented from Downing Street with the question and answer session by the PM and one of the chief medical officers. I suggest anybody listens to it and take heed of self distancing. It's the mass gatherings outside that is the main problem and surely people can understand that. I'm sure if more Draconian restriction hadn been imposed earlier then the outcry from the population would have been immense and asking why a more responsible attitude from Joe Public wasn't tried first.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 593 - 3468
rancido
March 22, 2020, 6:18pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,612
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I really thought that you were brighter than this Rancido. Your example from Australia just underlined Ska’s point. Governments need to take a strong line because there are so many dickheads in the population. The first duty of any government is to protect its people. When people are acting in a manner that threatens other people’s health and life, they should be stopped.

I have just listened to the latest statemented from Downing Street with the question and answer session by the PM and one of the chief medical officers. I suggest anybody listens to it and take heed of self distancing. It's the mass gatherings outside that is the main problem and surely people can understand that. I'm sure if more Draconian restriction hadn been imposed earlier then the outcry from the population would have been immense and asking why a more responsible attitude from Joe Public wasn't tried first.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 594 - 3468
Ipswin
March 22, 2020, 6:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
If people cannot be persuaded to follow 'advice and suggestions' voluntarily then an upgrade to 'compulsory' and legal enforcement (by physical force) is clearly necessary and quickly

Streets patrolled by armed soldiers and increased police powers might sort some of the idiots who simply don't care about anyone but themselves. The odd squaddie at the supermarket door wouldn't go amiss either (people are more closely packed there at present than at any football match)..

Not a 'British' reaction? No it's not but then a killer virus sweeping the nation and the world is not an everyday situation either.

Rather some selfish twit gets arrested or his skull cracked than any of us lose someone precious to us.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 595 - 3468
supertown
March 22, 2020, 6:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53

Can you legally ask doctors to decide whether to choose to put patient A OR patient B on the final ventilator available in the ICU overspill ward in the hospital car park, or can you just ask and advise them?

Asking for a loved one

No you can’t
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 596 - 3468
grimsby pete
March 22, 2020, 6:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,803
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Yoda
It’s all a hoax 500 000 died of flu last winter so far 10000 with conovirous.
Don’t everything you see on the news or some politician tells you.

I didn't know David Icke posted on here.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 597 - 3468
KingstonMariner
March 22, 2020, 6:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from rancido

He’s had long enough to see the evidence that plenty of people are irresponsible. Just fecking get on with it. As all our neighbours are in lockdown the sooner we do it ourselves the better it’ll be.

Anything else is just prolonging the problem. No sensible person would object. Only feckwits who fetishise freedom of choice (not against freedom of choice myself, just people choosing reckless acts - like dangerous driving).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 598 - 3468
KingstonMariner
March 22, 2020, 6:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from supertown

For all you know maybe us armchair gobshites do get involved in politics in whatever way.

I never trust Johnson whenever he opens his mouth.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 599 - 3468
347 Pages Prev ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.