Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 27 Guests

Coronavirus

This thread currently has 384,951 views. Print
347 Pages Prev ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... Next All Recommend Thread
LH
March 22, 2020, 10:45am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,600
Gold Stars: 177
These are the people who don’t watch the news because it’s boring. The TV companies need to have advert breaks with government advice about C19. Like the Brexit adverts a few months back. It needs to be flooding TV, radio, billboards, coming through your door every morning.
Private Message
Reply: 560 - 3468
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
March 22, 2020, 10:55am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
I know YouTube have started putting some information from trusted sources at the top of their home page to try to reduce effects of incorrect information, but more needs to be done on non-traditional media platforms.

Instead of adverts for erectile dysfunction and shops that are already shut etc being aired before we view another “cat licks it’s b@lls” video, there needs to be clearer, impactful messages
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 561 - 3468
codcheeky
March 22, 2020, 10:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,263
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Can I ask a genuine question?

I live with my partner and 2 kids, 4 & 1 years old, and we not been to see anyone on mothers day, and are not seeing anyone other than ourselves, and I go to work as I work in transport.

But i'm seeing people go see mum's today, go meet up with friends, as if this is all still normal?

Are we being over the top, or are others being idiots?

You are doing the right thing. Others are being idiots, no one knows who is carrying the virus as some people have no symptoms. Only the severely affected are getting tested and this is less than 20% of those who have it.
People looking at a chart saying there are only a few cases in my area think that means they are statistically safer than they actually are. Because we have no immunity to this and the effects to those who react badly are so life threatening, not exposing yourself and family to it is the best option.

If those who do not follow guidelines and carry on like they are means we will have an enforced lock down. We are building to a large spike in cases similar to Italy and Spain and when all the hospitals are full is the worse time to get it.
As a country we have given up trying to stop it but need to slow it’s progress as much as possible so there are beds and respirators for the worse new cases.
Keep washing those hands, and wear a mask and gloves if you can when you have to go out.  
Private Message
Reply: 562 - 3468
Jarmo.Is.God
March 22, 2020, 11:04am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
The argument people are having, is we are all young, (I'm 27) and will struggle but be fine.

My point, is its a horrible circle, and if we all ignore it, person 1, infects person 2, etc etc, then person 5 is an elderly who isn't as capable as us at fighting it.... its madness

800 people died in 1 day in Italy... common sense is not there in some
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 563 - 3468
March 22, 2020, 11:04am
Brandy Drinker
I don’t know why the government (or someone less important but with the time and intelligence to do it) aren’t tapping up popular celebrities on twitter, YouTube etc to get the message across to social distance unless you really can’t.

The message would have to be clear and vetted to try to avoid widespread panic.

The likes of Harry Styles and Emma Watson are no-marks to me but younger people are more likely to listen to them because the message isn’t getting through at present.

I suspect they won’t do this because it’s not tax deductible!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 564 - 3468
March 22, 2020, 11:19am
Brandy Drinker
I am fortunate enough to be able to WFH at the moment and I suffered from pneumonia and chronic bronchitis as an adolescent. I do not know how my body will react when I catch C19.

My partner of 20 years is still having to go to work even though she provides a non-essential service.

Even I, in my anxious yet informed state, cannot get through to her. She isn’t stupid but her brain has fully engaged ostrich setting.

She still thinks that:

1. If she has no symptoms she definitely isn’t carrying it
2. She still thinks she is definitely safe because she is under 40
3. She still cannot see that what is happening in Italy will happen here at least as badly, despite our 3-4 week headstart

Her brain is on lockdown, never mind the country!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 565 - 3468
LH
March 22, 2020, 11:32am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,600
Gold Stars: 177
Liverpool FC have made their stewards available for crowd control at supermarkets. Embarrassing that our country’s selfish behaviour has allowed it to get to that point.
Private Message
Reply: 566 - 3468
Manchester Mariner
March 22, 2020, 11:40am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
People flocking to Skeggy apparently.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/21/disaster-waiting-to-happen-visitors-flock-to-skegness

Maybe they are going there to die?  

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 567 - 3468
Stadium
March 22, 2020, 11:48am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Clearly social distancing is getting to you 😉

👍.
Nicely swerved the question.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 568 - 3468
Stadium
March 22, 2020, 11:54am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
I don’t know why the government (or someone less important but with the time and intelligence to do it) aren’t tapping up popular celebrities on twitter, YouTube etc to get the message across to social distance unless you really can’t.

The message would have to be clear and vetted to try to avoid widespread panic.

The likes of Harry Styles and Emma Watson are no-marks to me but younger people are more likely to listen to them because the message isn’t getting through at present.

I suspect they won’t do this because it’s not tax deductible!

Or maybe have the so called leader of the country delivering a stark message at prime time? (Just like many other European leaders have done)
You can sugar coat this anyway you want- people are simply not complying with the advice.
We seem to be going around the block not to infringe on people's liberties,even though the evidence is smacking us in the face.
However when you read pieces such as this it does make sense.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETsyOjqUYAA7cQL?format=jpg&name=900x900

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 569 - 3468
347 Pages Prev ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.