Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ian Holloway
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 317 Guests

Ian Holloway

This thread currently has 113,237 views. Print
54 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
December 28, 2019, 6:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from Ipswin

I'm sure you are right in that.

Appointing Holloway would have an amazing effect amongst the fans but I am not at all sure whether, given what he has to work with, he could turn things around results-wise which IMO is the most important part.

Personally I'd take boring hoofball 1-0 wins over interesting and possibly exciting football resulting in narrow defeats any day.

Whoever gets the job only a top 12 finish will do.

Fact is though, that's the kind of mentality that has pervaded at BP for donkey's years - a top half finish in the bottom league of the EFL? FFS, we are Town and we deserve better, especially the diehards that are to be found at all corners of the country cheering the teamm on. We HAVE to aim for promotion, nothing less, and nothing less is good enough -, otherwise it gives JF and the board yet another excuse to philibuster.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 532
Ipswin
December 28, 2019, 6:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from jock dock tower

Fact is though, that's the kind of mentality that has pervaded at BP for donkey's years - a top half finish in the bottom league of the EFL? FFS, we are Town and we deserve better, especially the diehards that are to be found at all corners of the country cheering the teamm on. We HAVE to aim for promotion, nothing less, and nothing less is good enough -, otherwise it gives JF and the board yet another excuse to philibuster.

We can aim as much as we like but the manager hasn't been born who is going to get the current lot promoted and I wasn't talking about this season anyway  - please read the post I was replying to before you criticise - 12th will do this season

The discussion was not how Holloway would take us to the Premier League or even League 1, merely that simply appointing him would get the fans interested again and bring a buzz back to BP which I agree with but how long will the 'feel good factor' last with our fickle fans

For my part I don't give a excrement if the football is entertaining or not frankly, the result is more important but many when moaning about the Conference (despite our win ratio) seem think entertainment is the key factor

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 532
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 28, 2019, 6:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from jock dock tower

Totally agree with you and Swin but as soon as we say such heresies back come the “realists” with “we are where we are” and “stop living in the past” and all the rest of it. We have to start somewhere with a climb back to respectability and we need to start with a bang, a signing that brings another thousand on the gate would do nicely.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 532
Roast Em Bobby
December 28, 2019, 7:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
I can't stand Holloway - think he's thick as intercourse and full of excrement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 532
Stadium
December 28, 2019, 7:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
I can't stand Holloway - think he's thick as intercourse and full of excrement

Riveting analysis.
Thanks.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 532
Ipswin
December 28, 2019, 7:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
think he's thick as intercourse and full of excrement

Sadly I have to agree, in fact he clearly isn't the sharpest knife in the box if he agrees to come to BP however he has the experience which Jolley sadly lacked, he has had success previously which Jolley also sadly lacked, he has the contacts which Jolley appeared to have but didn't and he can tell RH to intercourse off and they won't understand a word he's saying. I quite like his appearances on Talksport tho

If he is offered the job it proves we are desperate and if he accepts he is even more desperate,

Apart from that good luck to the fella and I reserve judgement until we can see what he can do (hope he hasn't bullshitted and promised too much that's all)

Private Message
Reply: 185 - 532
Ipswin
December 28, 2019, 7:27pm
Vodka Drinker

a signing that brings another thousand on the gate would do nicely.

Sadly not happened since the great Sir Matt came back to BP

Private Message
Reply: 186 - 532
Stadium
December 28, 2019, 7:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Ipswin

Sadly not happened since the great Sir Matt came back to BP

True.
Apart from Bonetti,put more than that on the gate.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 532
buckstown
December 28, 2019, 7:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,180
Gold Stars: 79
Well all of my great hopes for gtfc have been shattered in the last few years. I'd now like a team I could just be proud to say I support. Maybe that means one that it is not locked in annual battle to stay in league 2 or is generally 66/1 for promotion at the start of every season.
I've been a moderate Fenty supporter in years gone by, but I now know nothing will change until he's got his last 20 pence back an then sells. Remember we're dealing with a man who looks back on 6 years of conference football as a success, that's why we're always going to struggle while he's in charge
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 532
jock dock tower
December 28, 2019, 7:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Think Joe Waters did as well?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 532
54 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ian Holloway

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.