Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ian Holloway
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 208 Guests

Ian Holloway

This thread currently has 113,244 views. Print
54 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... Next All Recommend Thread
chrissy
December 29, 2019, 6:02pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
Quoted from rancido
Been told that I H has spoken to JF several times at his home.

Who by  ?

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 240 - 532
Roast Em Bobby
December 29, 2019, 6:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from MuddyWaters

If he knows the players then please explain why we had three wide attackers on after half time. Akheem is not a centre forward.

He is a centre forward, and scored quite freely in that position at youth level. He is still young and raw in what is his first season with regular appearances. We shouldn’t be relying on him in our current form and it’s a bit harsh to be digging him out. The only reason he’s playing is because Green and Ogbu mostly look like they couldn’t give a toss.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 241 - 532
jock dock tower
December 29, 2019, 6:11pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Alexa?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 242 - 532
Hagrid
December 29, 2019, 6:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,418
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

He is a centre forward, and scored quite freely in that position at youth level. He is still young and raw in what is his first season with regular appearances. We shouldn’t be relying on him in our current form and it’s a bit harsh to be digging him out. The only reason he’s playing is because Green and Ogbu mostly look like they couldn’t give a toss.

Ogbu did more in his 25 than Rose did in the half. Rose is garbage, its not harsh, if a player isnt good enough fans are entitled to say so
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 243 - 532
grimsby pete
December 29, 2019, 6:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,798
Gold Stars: 222
I saw Holloway before the game today,

He was on i follow  

Fenty has said he will take £200,000 of his loan out the club and buy shares with it,

Well I think that is very good of him but I would rather he gives Holloway a good bit of that to bring him in the club.

After all we do not know what AL will do with it as we do not know his recruitment skills.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 244 - 532
Heisenberg
December 29, 2019, 6:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,047
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from gtfcmd
holloway isnt going to wave his magic wand then all of a sudden we win games, Anthony knows the players and what there capable of maybe he needs a chance  

ALL new managers worth their salt have a proverbial magic wand - an ability to get results out of players who NEED to impress. AL has failed to do that, quite miserably. All other clubs manage to get the ‘new manager bounce’ except us! Time for this obvious change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 245 - 532
grimsbybrown
December 29, 2019, 6:31pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Hagrid

Ogbu did more in his 25 than Rose did in the half. Rose is garbage, its not harsh, if a player isnt good enough fans are entitled to say so

Rose seemed to pick the wrong option too many times, shooting when a pass was on etc.  Poor control and wrongly weighted passes also frustrated attacks with potential.  The biggest one for me, was failing to really attack that cross to the back post, their full back was relatively untroubled when clearing when Rose should have been all over him.

However, it's easy to pin it all on Rose, despite his present limitations, he may be useful as an impact player.  I just thought AL made the wrong call in bringing him on at Half Time.  

In the bigger picture, giving credit to AL, I do think he has found Harry Clifton's best position and that has been part of our improvement.  It's a shame no one else in our midfield 3 has a regular goal threat in them.

The big question in the manager debate is does AL have the ability to recruit the players who can make a difference.  We may never know, the present results may make giving him that chance too risky.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 246 - 532
forza ivano
December 29, 2019, 6:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,173
Gold Stars: 265
Story today was that Holloway is linked with the other investment group, and that Shutes is out of the picture as he has failed to come up with the £££££
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 247 - 532
lew chaterleys lover
December 29, 2019, 6:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,713
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

I have said this before and take no pleasure in repeating it, but I just cannot see why we spent so much time and effort on Rose.

He really was terrible today, and it was a terrible decision to bring him on as the central "striker". He does not have the physical presence nor desire to get on the end of anything; I ahve been really disappointed with him after hearing so much positive talk when he was getting his papers in order.

I heard on the radio on the way home that Green was playing with a groin injury but AL took the risk. Another poor decision as you should never play a player who is not 100% fit, especially as we have Ogbu who did really well when he came on.  

Managers live and die by their decisions and AL has not done his chances much good today. I am still hoping the Holloway thing is a possibility as he would provide the much needed spark.  
Private Message
Reply: 248 - 532
Northbank Mariner
December 29, 2019, 7:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171

I have said this before and take no pleasure in repeating it, but I just cannot see why we spent so much time and effort on Rose.

He really was terrible today, and it was a terrible decision to bring him on as the central "striker". He does not have the physical presence nor desire to get on the end of anything; I ahve been really disappointed with him after hearing so much positive talk when he was getting his papers in order.

I heard on the radio on the way home that Green was playing with a groin injury but AL took the risk. Another poor decision as you should never play a player who is not 100% fit, especially as we have Ogbu who did really well when he came on.  

Managers live and die by their decisions and AL has not done his chances much good today. I am still hoping the Holloway thing is a possibility as he would provide the much needed spark.  

Saud it before, I've seen Rose several times now and he's just not a league quality player..never mind he's raw stuff...yes, he's quick and strong but he's just not good enough, time to accept that and let him go to the conference where he may just cut a career for himself ..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 249 - 532
54 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ian Holloway

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.