December 3, 2019, 12:21am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,813
Gold Stars: 234

Oh look, a squirrel.  

Oh look, a massive hypocrite who is only bothered about anti-semitism and alleged terrorist sympathies when it suits.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 68
Chrisblor
December 3, 2019, 12:22am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
What Labour say they will do in government and what they actually do are two different things.

If they kept all the promises they would stay in government would they not ?I

Corbyn coming out with more freebies every day a third off rail fares and free transport for under 16.

If I believed him I would vote for him but like thousands of others I cant.

Labour aren't in government and haven't been for nearly a decade. But yeah cool, vote for the party led by a serial liar which is responsible for this appalling state of affairs then:

Tweet 1200927491134820353 will appear here...

By the way, those "freebies" are not free at all and actually paid for by our taxes. They are entirely affordable and what the people of this country deserve (instead of more tax breaks for businesses paying poverty wages topped up by working tax credits).

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 68
Maringer
December 3, 2019, 10:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
It's a strange viewpoint, Pete.

You don't believe Labour can carry out the policies they are announcing, even though various posted have pointed out that most of them are in effect in many other Western democracies.

On the other hand, we know that the Tories won't carry out many of the policies they are announcing because either 1) they aren't possible or 2) they are in their manifesto. Once in power the Tories have shown that they pretty much ignore any policy which doesn't help their wealthy backers and they also seem to inevitably magic up one or two other damaging policies which weren't in the manifesto in the first place!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 68
Roast Em Bobby
December 3, 2019, 10:35am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
I find it odd that people have been brainwashed by the right-wing press that Labour's spending plans of £80 billion a year are outlandish - especially given how obvious it is to everyone that public services are at breaking point. As I've said before on here, these figures are lower than France, Scandinavian countries and a smidgen above Germany. Funny how the Torys managed to find £375 billion for the banks through quantitative easing without being branded irresponsible..

I was listening to an IFS expert on NHS spending the other day and he said that the the NHS requires a 3.4% increase year on year just to maintain the status quo. The Tory's have pledged 3.1%, Libs 3.8% and Labour 4.1%. So the NHS will go further down hill under the Conservatives, which will be a shame for the elder generation voting blue to "get brexit done". Which of course is itself a complete lie - as nobody of sane mind believes a trade deal can be done in 1 year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 68
Chrisblor
December 3, 2019, 1:06pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Hilariously we'd end up borrowing more under the Tories spending plans than under Labour if we end up crashing out the EU with no deal at the end of 2020 (which is incredibly likely considering 11 months isn't anywhere near long enough to negotiate a comprehensive trade deal with them):

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 68
LH
December 3, 2019, 1:16pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,518
Gold Stars: 173
The ‘Labour are lying about what they’d do when they get in power - I trust Boris Johnson to be honest and deliver’ school of thought is hilarious, depressing and terrifying all at once.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 68
Roast Em Bobby
December 3, 2019, 2:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from LH
The ‘Labour are lying about what they’d do when they get in power - I trust Boris Johnson to be honest and deliver’ school of thought is hilarious, depressing and terrifying all at once.

It really is insane isn’t it. I really can’t work out how so many people seem to think this when there is so much evidence to the contrary. Whatever is thrown at Corbyn then. Nine times out of ten Boris has done a hundred times worse, and it’s all on public record.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 68
Chrisblor
December 3, 2019, 3:51pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Not sure why anyone would be remotely scared about the prospect of someone like this as Prime Minister:

Tweet 1201845937292922882 will appear here...

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 68
grimsby pete
December 3, 2019, 5:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
If Labour are so good for so many why have they not been in power for longer than they have ?

Also you can not be brainwashed by the tory press if you don't read it.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 68
Roast Em Bobby
December 3, 2019, 7:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
What would you say are your main sources for keeping up with current affairs?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › FLAG TO THE MAST

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.