grimsby pete
December 3, 2019, 9:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
What would you say are your main sources for keeping up with current affairs?

I listen to the politicians themselves both Cons and Labour plus the minor parties,

BUT

I suppose you are going to say all the tv channels are tory .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 68
Chrisblor
December 3, 2019, 10:36pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,764
Gold Stars: 233

I think this is one of the reasons you will be in the minority, and have been for years. These scare stories are not working; I have needed the NHS all through my 65 years, most of which have been under Conservative governments. No sign yet of it being sold off, no sign yet of it not being free at the point of use, even though they (the Tories) have had decades to do something evil with it that you lot keep harping on about.

Perhaps they would prefer it to radically altered, but then real politics kicks in and they know they would be out of power for a very long time if they dared try it.

I'd rather I didn't have to pay for it after you've kicked the bucket.

And yes the media is dominated by conservatives? Seems pretty obvious that.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 68
Roast Em Bobby
December 3, 2019, 10:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 43
Not at all. Genuinely interested to understand how you form your views - that’s all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 68
Roast Em Bobby
December 3, 2019, 10:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 43

I think this is one of the reasons you will be in the minority, and have been for years. These scare stories are not working; I have needed the NHS all through my 65 years, most of which have been under Conservative governments. No sign yet of it being sold off, no sign yet of it not being free at the point of use, even though they (the Tories) have had decades to do something evil with it that you lot keep harping on about.

Perhaps they would prefer it to radically altered, but then real politics kicks in and they know they would be out of power for a very long time if they dared try it.

There are plenty of signs of it being sold off. FFS do your homework before spouting such rubbish.
https://fullfact.org/health/NHS-privatisation/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 68
Bawmariner
December 3, 2019, 11:16pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +323
Gold Stars: 1

Can I correct you on the point that left wing voters were in the minority in the last election. They were actually in the majority with the combined total of labour, the libs, SNP, Plaid and Greens being around 52%. Unfortunately, our stupid electoral system interprets this as an outright win for pretty much only right wing party in Great Britain.

And the NHS is in a mess already. A 4 week wait for an appointment in Manchester is the norm. I generally just try to make do and avoid going which, considering I have ongoing health issues, is hardly ideal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 68
lew chaterleys lover
December 4, 2019, 10:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Bawmariner

Can I correct you on the point that left wing voters were in the minority in the last election. They were actually in the majority with the combined total of labour, the libs, SNP, Plaid and Greens being around 52%. Unfortunately, our stupid electoral system interprets this as an outright win for pretty much only right wing party in Great Britain.

And the NHS is in a mess already. A 4 week wait for an appointment in Manchester is the norm. I generally just try to make do and avoid going which, considering I have ongoing health issues, is hardly ideal.

Well my post centred on the two main parties who are ever likely to form a government, but I accept your point.

Regarding the waiting times - is an ever growing population, with a lot more older people needing a lot more care and medical provision having an impact in your area?  
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 68
lew chaterleys lover
December 4, 2019, 10:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

There are plenty of signs of it being sold off. FFS do your homework before spouting such rubbish.
https://fullfact.org/health/NHS-privatisation/

I have just given you 65 years worth of homework, but you don't accept it which is fair enough. The scare stories about the NHS being "sold off" have been going on for years.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 68
lew chaterleys lover
December 4, 2019, 2:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Chrisblor

I'd rather I didn't have to pay for it after you've kicked the bucket.

And yes the media is dominated by conservatives? Seems pretty obvious that.

You have such a lovely way with words...

As a matter of interest, do you think the BBC is right wing?
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 68
LH
December 4, 2019, 2:55pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,458
Gold Stars: 172

The BBC is well balanced to both sides. The comedy programmes are more than half the time dominated by left wing comics but the news and current affairs programmes are outrageously biased to the right and particularly favour the Tories.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 68
Chrisblor
December 4, 2019, 3:54pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,764
Gold Stars: 233

I'm more interested in ensuring vulnerable and sick people avoid suffering under another 5 years of tory government than decorum m8.

On the BBC, with regards to its current affairs coverage, yes clearly. Peter Oborne agrees with me:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/03/election-coverage-bbc-tories

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › FLAG TO THE MAST

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.