Rik e B
November 28, 2019, 10:47pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Whys this been moved here?

Haven't we had enough of this?

Grimsby is about to turn blue for the first time in 74 years I'm sure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 68
moosey_club
November 29, 2019, 9:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
hmmmm...well Cleethorpes has been Conservative for as long as i can remember...and i think Grimsby's Labour stronghold has been diminishing year on year, blame that on Labour themselves, while they considered it a "safe" seat they just let Austin Mitchell sit there year after year...whilst he was rebelling against his own party it seemed to me he ignored his own voters.
Certainly can recall him choosing to abstain rather than vote and actually represent the people on some big key issues.

Has Melanie Onn done any better for the Town, represented us any better ? Genuine question.

I think on the surface the choosing of Melanie Onn by Labour upset some people , it did seem as though Labour thought the seat was safe enough to insert a female to up their female MP quota rather than on her own merits , where better to do this than "safe" Grimsby ...as Austin was alleged to have said....something about an alcoholic paedo could retain the seat.  Again that just slaps the voters in the face.

Labour will only have themseves to blame if they let the town slip away from the grip they have held. Onn needs to be all over the town raising her profile, Farage has done his campaigning/stirring .....where is the defending champion ? Is she thinking she is in a comfy chair and doesnt really need to bother ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 68
KingstonMariner
November 29, 2019, 1:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Cleethorpes has a brief spell (maybe a decade) with a Labour MP (Shona McIsaac) under Blair.

I think it’s a bit unfair to compare Onn’s campaigning with Nigel Falange. Nige did what, one brief appearance at BP that got a lot of publicity because he is a national figure appearing in Brexit Heartland.

Also at the end of the day, it’s one seat. No sitting government with a safe majority is going to take much notice. Hull gets more attention because it’s got 3 seats (excluding the surrounding areas).

I don’t ever remember Grimsby getting a good deal under Heath, Thatcher, Major, Cameron, May. In fact the town was shafted by all of them (apart from May who didn’t get a chance to shaft it). The worst that Labour did to Grimsby when in power was ignore it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 68
November 29, 2019, 2:29pm
Guest User
Nobody will get a good deal if that commie loving, terrorist supporting tw@t Corbyn gets in.  In his interview the other night he refused 4 times to apologise to the Jews too, just kept repeating some old twaddle.  I despise that man, and hope he rots in hell, the sooner the better.  I will vote for the Raving Monster Looney party rather than him.
Reply: 4 - 68
grimsby pete
November 29, 2019, 3:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
If Labour wanted to make a  splash with Melanie Onn they would get loads of publicity if,

They hired Mcmenemy's  did a photo shoot with Melanie  wearing Towns shirt with " Grimsby Onn Board "

She will look a lot better in a shirt than Farage  

The publicity might even make the local press.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 68
golfer
November 29, 2019, 4:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,424
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Cleethorpes has a brief spell (maybe a decade) with a Labour MP (Shona McIsaac) under Blair.

I don’t ever remember Grimsby getting a good deal under Heath, Thatcher, Major, Cameron, May. In fact the town was shafted by all of them (apart from May who didn’t get a chance to shaft it). .

Think you missed Blair and Brown off your list- I know it's a silly question but are you a remainer labour supporter by any chance-give us a clue    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 68
lew chaterleys lover
November 29, 2019, 5:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from golfer

Think you missed Blair and Brown off your list- I know it's a silly question but are you a remainer labour supporter by any chance-give us a clue    

It is nigh on impossible to have any conversation with any of them as they always, but always revert to Labour is great, the Tories are evil, worse than vermin and have not done anything for anybody, ever.

It is absolutely risible, by any sensible measure to put the Labour party on such a pedestal whilst denigrating the Tories.

Even todays Labour party is riddled with racism, will not respect nor would implement the result of a democratic national vote when they promised to respect the result, and cannot seem to understand why lots of leave voting seats in the north and midlands are in danger of going blue.

They no longer represent the normal working man and woman of this country, seemingly preferring the Islington social set wringing their hands at every percieved injustice on the planet and see no bounds to immigration which is making life difficult for some.

They have a hopeless leader, and an even worse front bench. The only time since the early 70's they had any electoral success was when Blair created "new" Labour and made them look more like the Conservative party.

Yes I am right wing in my views, but I can see mistakes on all sides, and never take anything any politician says on face value, and like all sides to be given a fair hearing; some of these Labour supporting posters are beyond the pale with their cult like devotion.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 68
KingstonMariner
November 30, 2019, 12:29am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from golfer

Yes it is a stupid question. But that’s normal for Brexiteers who still support the Tories despite living  in poor towns shafted by the Tories.

What’s even more stupid is you quoted me, deliberately cutting out my mention of the Labour years in power, then ask about it.

Or maybe you’re just parodying thick illegitimates?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 68
KingstonMariner
November 30, 2019, 12:36am
Meths Drinker

It is nigh on impossible to have any conversation with any of them as they always, but always revert to Labour is great, the Tories are evil, worse than vermin and have not done anything for anybody, ever.

It is absolutely risible, by any sensible measure to put the Labour party on such a pedestal whilst denigrating the Tories.

Even todays Labour party is riddled with racism, will not respect nor would implement the result of a democratic national vote when they promised to respect the result, and cannot seem to understand why lots of leave voting seats in the north and midlands are in danger of going blue.

They no longer represent the normal working man and woman of this country, seemingly preferring the Islington social set wringing their hands at every percieved injustice on the planet and see no bounds to immigration which is making life difficult for some.

They have a hopeless leader, and an even worse front bench. The only time since the early 70's they had any electoral success was when Blair created "new" Labour and made them look more like the Conservative party.

Yes I am right wing in my views, but I can see mistakes on all sides, and never take anything any politician says on face value, and like all sides to be given a fair hearing; some of these Labour supporting posters are beyond the pale with their cult like devotion.

You say all that with absolutely no evidence of my views on Labour. You’re not just reading between the lines, you’re writing between them. A complete fantasy!

Really you’re a sad quixotic fornicator.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 68
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › FLAG TO THE MAST

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.