chaos33
November 30, 2019, 8:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from 123614
Nobody will get a good deal if that commie loving, terrorist supporting tw@t Corbyn gets in.  In his interview the other night he refused 4 times to apologise to the Jews too, just kept repeating some old twaddle.  I despise that man, and hope he rots in hell, the sooner the better.  I will vote for the Raving Monster Looney party rather than him.

Sit tight and enjoy the Etonian liars coming soon then.
As Paul Weller once said: “the public gets what the public wants”. Hope you don’t need public services any time soon. Or the NHS. Or safety from convicted terrorists. .

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 68
Marinerz93
November 30, 2019, 9:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from chaos33

Sit tight and enjoy the Etonian liars coming soon then.
As Paul Weller once said: “the public gets what the public wants”. Hope you don’t need public services any time soon. Or the NHS. Or safety from convicted terrorists. .

Was it convicted terrorists who blew up London buses and tube and went on a stabbing spree and hit and run, was it convicted terrorists who run over the army lad and kill him in the street.

Labour cut funding the forces , and defence on a massive scale over every year they were in power, that effects the ability of special operations based in the UK and over seas, and the intelligence our services gather.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 68
chaos33
November 30, 2019, 9:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
Err...yeah it was a convicted terrorist who went on a stabbing spree yesterday. Have the tories reinstated that funding for the forces then? Do we have our forces personnel patrol the streets normally, just in case the (Tory) government have freed a terrorist on licence half way through his sentence?
I love it - ‘Johnson calls for an end to early release of terrorists’ say the media - yet another example of campaigning against his own party and hoping that people might not notice.
I’ll not make the obvious points about hoping that the NHS - in the worst state it’s ever been in thanks to ACTUAL MORAL AND FINANCIAL DECISIONS of this Tory government can cope with injuries to innocent citizens. By the way, the state of the NHS is a total national disgrace and completely the fault of the Tories, rather like the brexit mess, and these are indisputable facts. Astonishingly, the public seem to want them to carry on, so....
Toot toot - here come the tories on the brexit train, bringing the dividend to share. This country is about to hit very dark times. Unless of course you’ve got lots of money.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 68
barralad
November 30, 2019, 9:29pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from moosey_club
hmmmm...well Cleethorpes has been Conservative for as long as i can remember...and i think Grimsby's Labour stronghold has been diminishing year on year, blame that on Labour themselves, while they considered it a "safe" seat they just let Austin Mitchell sit there year after year...whilst he was rebelling against his own party it seemed to me he ignored his own voters.
Certainly can recall him choosing to abstain rather than vote and actually represent the people on some big key issues.

Has Melanie Onn done any better for the Town, represented us any better ? Genuine question.

I think on the surface the choosing of Melanie Onn by Labour upset some people , it did seem as though Labour thought the seat was safe enough to insert a female to up their female MP quota rather than on her own merits , where better to do this than "safe" Grimsby ...as Austin was alleged to have said....something about an alcoholic paedo could retain the seat.  Again that just slaps the voters in the face.

Labour will only have themseves to blame if they let the town slip away from the grip they have held. Onn needs to be all over the town raising her profile, Farage has done his campaigning/stirring .....where is the defending champion ? Is she thinking she is in a comfy chair and doesnt really need to bother ?

Well perhaps unsurprisingly you would expect me to offer up an alternative view. I'm actively involved in her campaign and have been for the other two elections she has contested.
I think there is some truth in the view about Labour when Mitchell was in his later years of being Grimsby's M.P. A lot of the local activists thought he should have gone before the 2010 election but he stayed and as a result Labour only got in by the skin of our teeth. Austin was a publicist for the town-of that there is no doubt but the jokes did wear a little thin. In truth the majority had been dropping from its high point in 1997.
It is true that Melanie Onn was elected from a short list of women only. I cannot say I was happy with the process but she showed in 2015 that a. she was markedly different to Austin and b. that she knew how to campaign to win what was in 2015 a three way marginal. I might be a bit biased   but she works bloody hard. People think that as an M.P. she is an extension of local government when the things that she can do are way different to the powers local authorities have. You ask what has she done for Grimsby? It's a fair question. Firstly, and this isn't an excuse, but for her entire parliamentary career she has been in opposition. She has however done a lot. She has spoken regularly in the House about police cuts and their effect on our area. She spoke as a shadow housing minister about the scandal of absentee landlords and bad landlords and has drawn attention to the number of empty houses in the town. Her work on the domestic abuse bill will help a lot of residents of this town. She has been a powerful advocate (along with Vickers to be entirely fair) for the wind industry and has lobbied for Grimsby to be considered the capital of renewable wind energy. I'm not saying that others wouldn't be able to do it but the place for talking to the people who have the money is Parliament. The fact that Grimsby was the first town to be considered for the towns fund suggests that she (and Vickers) are pretty good at it. She also lobbied for the town to get money from the coastal regeneration fund-successfully. She has supported the WASPI women from the launch of their campaign.
The other side to an M.Ps job is representing individual constituents. In 2018 her office won the award for best parliamentary office in the country. There is a very long list of people she has helped with major problems caused by various government agencies.
If it were needed 2015 and 2017 showed her that she cannot just sit back like some M.P.s can around the country (safe Tory and Labour seats). You ask about whether she is out and about "raising her profile". All I can tell you from experience is that she IS out-every day on multiple sessions. The trouble for the electorate is that the short length of a campaign and the size of a constituency mean that it just isn't possible to get to see everyone-the dark nights don't help and Labour do not canvass on winter evenings.
Not by you I hasten to say but the biggest misinformation being spread is about her attitude to Brexit. She doesn't deny that she campaigned and voted to Remain. To my mind it is impossible for anyone who campaigned for either side before the Referendum to be criticised. Since the result she has set about trying to establish how best to get Brexit "done" for the residents of this town. From the week after the result she was engaged with employers to understand what they wanted from Brexit. She voted to trigger Article 50 to get the process underway. The 2017 election saw her re-elected on a platform of supporting a Leave agreement that didn't make her constituents worse off. Since then she has:- resigned from her shadow ministerial job so that she could vote AGAINST the motion to hold a second referendum; she conducted her own widely available poll of constituents to check that a couple of years down the line that the feeling of the town was still for Brexit and of course latterly was one of the 19 Labour M.P.s who voted for Boris's deal-a decision which has seen her subjected to some pretty disgusting abuse.
Everything I've said is factual and can be checked.
Opinion wise obviously I'll be voting for her because I believe that she has the best interests of her home town at heart and that I've seen nothing from her rivals this time to make me think that they will do a better job of looking after the parliamentary business interests of this town.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 68
barralad
November 30, 2019, 9:52pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Marinerz93

Was it convicted terrorists who blew up London buses and tube and went on a stabbing spree and hit and run, was it convicted terrorists who run over the army lad and kill him in the street.

Labour cut funding the forces , and defence on a massive scale over every year they were in power, that effects the ability of special operations based in the UK and over seas, and the intelligence our services gather.

Mate I haven't got the figures to hand for defence spending but I'm pretty sure that if Labour did cut the defence budget that the current government have inflicted far deeper cuts and continue to do so. I read that we have an aircraft carrier that, because of the current incumbent government's bungling doesn't have any aircraft for its decks. Now I have NO military background but even you must be wondering whether this is actually a good idea. My own view is that the events of the illegal war Blair waged in Afghanistan/Iraq polarised opposition and maybe should have been seen as a possible consequence.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 68
Chrisblor
November 30, 2019, 11:21pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,764
Gold Stars: 233
You Johnson lovers seen this website? (created by Conservative leaning journalist Peter Oborne before you start whining about it being some left wing stitch up) - https://boris-johnson-lies.com/

You're being taken for a ride by a self interested posh boy who wouldn't give the tiniest excrement about you. Don't fall for it.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 68
mariner91
December 1, 2019, 10:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260

It is nigh on impossible to have any conversation with any of them as they always, but always revert to Labour is great, the Tories are evil, worse than vermin and have not done anything for anybody, ever.

It is absolutely risible, by any sensible measure to put the Labour party on such a pedestal whilst denigrating the Tories.

Even todays Labour party is riddled with racism, will not respect nor would implement the result of a democratic national vote when they promised to respect the result, and cannot seem to understand why lots of leave voting seats in the north and midlands are in danger of going blue.

They no longer represent the normal working man and woman of this country, seemingly preferring the Islington social set wringing their hands at every percieved injustice on the planet and see no bounds to immigration which is making life difficult for some.

They have a hopeless leader, and an even worse front bench. The only time since the early 70's they had any electoral success was when Blair created "new" Labour and made them look more like the Conservative party.

Yes I am right wing in my views, but I can see mistakes on all sides, and never take anything any politician says on face value, and like all sides to be given a fair hearing; some of these Labour supporting posters are beyond the pale with their cult like devotion.

As you are so abhorred by anti-semitism, and of course the Tories are too, would you care to comment on the statue they unveiled this week of a Nazi sympathiser who once said the Nazis were the ‘solution’ to the ‘worldwide problem with Judaism’?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 68
lew chaterleys lover
December 1, 2019, 10:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from mariner91

As you are so abhorred by anti-semitism, and of course the Tories are too, would you care to comment on the statue they unveiled this week of a Nazi sympathiser who once said the Nazis were the ‘solution’ to the ‘worldwide problem with Judaism’?

Nancy Astor? Good God that was in the 1930's. I think the statue commemorated Astor becoming our first woman MP.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 68
lew chaterleys lover
December 1, 2019, 10:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You say all that with absolutely no evidence of my views on Labour. You’re not just reading between the lines, you’re writing between them. A complete fantasy!

Really you’re a sad quixotic fornicator.

Language Timothy!
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 68
mariner91
December 1, 2019, 11:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Oh so anti-semitism is fine if it was a while back then? And it’s not a big issue if you achieved something else in your life whilst being a horrible racist? Hypocrite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › FLAG TO THE MAST

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.