7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Roast Em Bobby
December 3, 2019, 7:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,706
Gold Stars: 43
What would you say are your main sources for keeping up with current affairs?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 68
lew chaterleys lover
December 3, 2019, 7:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,549
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Chrisblor

Oh look, a massive hypocrite who is only bothered about anti-semitism and alleged terrorist sympathies when it suits.

It was a squirrel though, wasn't it?

Did you see that Channel 4 piece about "Labour" voters in the north of England? The one where they interviewed them asking their voting intentions after years of voting Labour? It was brutal. All of them refused to vote for Corbyn, because they are ashamed of him. They were voting for Boris instead. None of your graphs, charts or unqualified support is going to convince them.

Not only did he not support their democratic decision to vote leave, he is seen as a weak and untrustworthy man, who promises the earth but has no chance of delivering it.

These are lifelong Labour voters remember.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 68
lew chaterleys lover
December 3, 2019, 8:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Chrisblor
Not sure why anyone would be remotely scared about the prospect of someone like this as Prime Minister:

Tweet 1201845937292922882 will appear here...

Yes, its a mystery, no doubt. Perhaps they look at his past actions and don't believe him.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 68
mariner91
December 3, 2019, 8:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,255
Gold Stars: 253

It was a squirrel though, wasn't it?

Did you see that Channel 4 piece about "Labour" voters in the north of England? The one where they interviewed them asking their voting intentions after years of voting Labour? It was brutal. All of them refused to vote for Corbyn, because they are ashamed of him. They were voting for Boris instead. None of your graphs, charts or unqualified support is going to convince them.

Not only did he not support their democratic decision to vote leave, he is seen as a weak and untrustworthy man, who promises the earth but has no chance of delivering it.

These are lifelong Labour voters remember.

Which shows you the power of the right wing media. Johnson can't even bring himself to be interviewed by Andrew Neil because he's so weak. He has lied on record about just about everything, he's literally lost jobs because he lies. But keep lapping it up, keep licking those boots clean.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 68
mariner91
December 3, 2019, 8:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Yes, its a mystery, no doubt. Perhaps they look at his past actions and don't believe him.

You're a quite impressive specimen in many respects. On one hand, you harp on about people's past records and their "racism" without ever actually offering any evidence of it. Yet on the other hand you keep supporting Boris Johnson. A man who has lied on record, been racist on record, been homophobic on record and very likely has been bought and influenced by Russian money. If you want to support Johnson because you support his policies then that's your prerogative. But spare us the bullshit that it's because Corbyn is such a terrible human being. You're a hypocrite.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 68
lew chaterleys lover
December 3, 2019, 8:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

You're a quite impressive specimen in many respects. On one hand, you harp on about people's past records and their "racism" without ever actually offering any evidence of it. Yet on the other hand you keep supporting Boris Johnson. A man who has lied on record, been racist on record, been homophobic on record and very likely has been bought and influenced by Russian money. If you want to support Johnson because you support his policies then that's your prerogative. But spare us the bullshit that it's because Corbyn is such a terrible human being. You're a hypocrite.

Thank you for your kind words.

Perhaps the one fly in your ointment is that I will be amongst the majority of voters in the forthcoming election, whilst you will be in the minority.

I have enjoyed interrupting your left-wing love fest on here - it seems to have come as a shock to you all  that you are in fact in the minority of the voting public.

Being a democrat, as well as an evil Tory/Brexit supporitng hypocrite    means I will respect what the voters decide.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 68
Roast Em Bobby
December 3, 2019, 8:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,706
Gold Stars: 43
I think the left wingers among us are all fully aware the idiots are winning, and that we are wasting our breath trying to convince anyone to change their mind. It's at the stage now that Boris could literally say he's introducing a policy to make everyone work 7 days a week and the public would turn a blind eye in order to "get brexit done". I've still yet to hear one single indisputable benefit that brexit is going to bring people, but hey ho.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 68
mariner91
December 3, 2019, 8:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Thank you for your kind words.

Perhaps the one fly in your ointment is that I will be amongst the majority of voters in the forthcoming election, whilst you will be in the minority.

I have enjoyed interrupting your left-wing love fest on here - it seems to have come as a shock to you all  that you are in fact in the minority of the voting public.

Being a democrat, as well as an evil Tory/Brexit supporitng hypocrite    means I will respect what the voters decide.

You will more than likely be in the majority. I hope that comforts you should you need any medical care later in life and find you can't get it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 68
LH
December 3, 2019, 9:18pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,392
Gold Stars: 169
ā€˜Iā€™m voting this way because everyone else is.ā€™ That seems logical and fool proof.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 68
lew chaterleys lover
December 3, 2019, 9:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

You will more than likely be in the majority. I hope that comforts you should you need any medical care later in life and find you can't get it.

I think this is one of the reasons you will be in the minority, and have been for years. These scare stories are not working; I have needed the NHS all through my 65 years, most of which have been under Conservative governments. No sign yet of it being sold off, no sign yet of it not being free at the point of use, even though they (the Tories) have had decades to do something evil with it that you lot keep harping on about.

Perhaps they would prefer it to radically altered, but then real politics kicks in and they know they would be out of power for a very long time if they dared try it.

Private Message
Reply: 49 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.